Disneyland Birthday with just the four of us? Things to do?

mommy2max

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone. Well we have spontaneously decided to go to disneyland in 2 weeks for ds's bday (he'll be 7).
I have already signed him up online with his birthday for his free admission but am wondering what else (if anything) are the must see/do things on their birthday at disney. We obviously can't do the big party because it is just myself, hubby and the two boys going but still would like to make it special for him :banana:

You can still do the Pat E Cake deal, they just charge per person so no worries. :) Get him a bday button and consider getting him the Fun Card instead of free admission. The Fun Card is worth $59 for him, that he can spend on anything he wants, except food. :) The free admission is not a park hopper so you will be limited to staying in one park, get him a hopper instead and let him buy himself something cool! :)

Awesome thanks! Will go look up the Pat E Cake now. We have a 5 for the price of 3 hopper so we will definitely be traveling between the two and i think i will definitely get him the FUn Pass! Thanks

Oh in that case definitely get that fun card, he's got admission already so that's the most chosen gift. :) Have fun!!!!

We *just* got back from celebrating my son's 7th birthday there. We spent 4 days in the parks (planned on 5 but ended up in Hooks pool instead LOL).

On his actual birthday we did Carnation Cafe (his choice) to make the PB&J sandwiches - they sang to him & brought him ice cream, then the Pat E Cake thing at 2pm at Plaza Inn (I was suprised that Mickey & Minnie came there). We did Celebration Roundup for dinner (he loves Woody, ribs & corn on the cob).

Other touches - at restaurants they always sang to him and brought him mini cupcakes or ice cream, at Rainforest he got the Volcano dessert - huge hit! You can go into City Hall and pick up the phone and Goofy sings happy bday to you. At the character meals, we were always given a bday card and they were signed by all the characters. We bought deluxe bday goodie bags at Goofy's ($10), and bought the pirate birthday bucket ($15).

We had a Disney cake delivered to the hotel room - came with matches & candles too). I decorated the room - balloons (we brought a mini helium tank), streamers, ribbons, and vinyl birthday banners I zip tied to the DLH bed posts.

We did the $59 gift card, and the whole trip he made his wish list, then at the end of the day on his actual birthday he got to spend it - he was in heaven. Then we went back to the room for cake & presents.

Ride the monorail - if they see the bday badge they might let you ride up front.

Tons of people said happy bday to him - he loved the attention. Get the bday name pin and the I'm Celebrating pin. We got balloons from the DLH too.

In CA if you go on the tortilla tour he'll get a bag of 12 tortillas.

In Build a Bear they gave him a birthday sticker and made a big fuss for him. :)

Oh on the Big Thunder (his fave ride) the CM saw that it was his actual bday (I had a special bday shirt made for him in addition to the Bday Mickey ears and pin LOL), and let him skip the line, and ride up front (his fave seat) - then my 4 year old proceeded to dart out and made the alarm go off and trains stop - bugger.

I can't think what else we did. I'm a big birthday celebrating person and tried to do all sorts of special little things for him.

Wow that sounds amazing. Can i ask which of those you had to prebook anything for? I saw the Pat E Cake and the roundup but am a bit confused as to how i set those up. Also saw the pirate box but where do we get those?
Thanks!! I would love to make it a big deal for ds!

We *just* got back from celebrating my son's 7th birthday there. We spent 4 days in the parks (planned on 5 but ended up in Hooks pool instead LOL).

On his actual birthday we did Carnation Cafe (his choice) to make the PB&J sandwiches - they sang to him & brought him ice cream, then the Pat E Cake thing at 2pm at Plaza Inn (I was suprised that Mickey & Minnie came there). We did Celebration Roundup for dinner (he loves Woody, ribs & corn on the cob).

Other touches - at restaurants they always sang to him and brought him mini cupcakes or ice cream, at Rainforest he got the Volcano dessert - huge hit! You can go into City Hall and pick up the phone and Goofy sings happy bday to you. At the character meals, we were always given a bday card and they were signed by all the characters. We bought deluxe bday goodie bags at Goofy's ($10), and bought the pirate birthday bucket ($15).

We had a Disney cake delivered to the hotel room - came with matches & candles too). I decorated the room - balloons (we brought a mini helium tank), streamers, ribbons, and vinyl birthday banners I zip tied to the DLH bed posts.

We did the $59 gift card, and the whole trip he made his wish list, then at the end of the day on his actual birthday he got to spend it - he was in heaven. Then we went back to the room for cake & presents.

Ride the monorail - if they see the bday badge they might let you ride up front.

Tons of people said happy bday to him - he loved the attention. Get the bday name pin and the I'm Celebrating pin. We got balloons from the DLH too.

In Build a Bear they gave him a birthday sticker and made a big fuss for him. :)

Oh on the Big Thunder (his fave ride) the CM saw that it was his actual bday (I had a special bday shirt made for him in addition to the Bday Mickey ears and pin LOL), and let him skip the line, and ride up front (his fave seat) - then my 4 year old proceeded to dart out and made the alarm go off and trains stop - bugger.

I can't think what else we did. I'm a big birthday celebrating person and tried to do all sorts of special little things for him.

We are going for DS's 7th too!
He loves ToyStory. Where is the roundup dinner? I may copy your birthday itinerary!!

We are going for DS's 7th too!
He loves ToyStory. Where is the roundup dinner? I may copy your birthday itinerary!!

the Celebration Round up no longer has characters. They stopped that a couple of weeks ago.

Wow that sounds amazing. Can i ask which of those you had to prebook anything for? I saw the Pat E Cake and the roundup but am a bit confused as to how i set those up. Also saw the pirate box but where do we get those?
Thanks!! I would love to make it a big deal for ds!

The easiest way to get attention would be to wear the birthday button that you can get at City Hall, or from pretty much any CM. That is how BurnsideMommy's DS got the tortillas, got attention at BAB, BTMRR, etc. You can just pick up a button when you get into the park (it is free).

As far as the Goody Bags and Pirate Bucket, I *believe* you can order those at a variety of restaurants around DLR. The cake that is delivered to your room, if you are staying on property, needs to be ordered through Vacation Planning I believe. For Pat E Cake and the Round-Up, you need to make Priority Seating arrangements for those.

If I am wrong, hopefully someone else will chime in for you. :thumbsup2

EDITED TO ADD: Duh! I didn't look at when the original post was made. Hopefully the OP's DS had fun on his B-day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter