• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland August Itinerary

kurt90

Disney addict since 1990!
Well my family and I just got back from an amazing trip overseas in Europe, and I must say it was great. We went to London, Spain, Paris and even managed to squeeze a 4 hour trip to Disneyland Paris in the middle of all the chaos.

Before I left and while on those long plane rides I have been working on my plan for our upcoming trip. I never thought that I would post my itinerary and bore other members with my future trip but I figure the more opinions I get the better my trip will be!

So let's start with the basics:

Family

Mom: Lynne
Dad: Rob
Kids: Kurt (16) and Eric (13)

Dates

Sat., August 26th, 2006 to Wed., August 30th, 2006

Booking through:

Costco Travel (includes: 3 day park hopper BONUS tickets, free breakfast, and more)

So here's the plan (nothing is official and restaurant reservations can be changed)...

Saturday, August 26th: Arrival

- arrive at SNA from Toronto sometime in the afternoon
- drive to DLH and check-in
- visit Downtown Disney
- really laid back day

Sunday, August 27th: Disneyland

- get up @ 8am, park opens at 9am (we get ready really fast)
- get something quick to eat at DLH
- tour the park, see the Matterhorn on it's last day before rehab
- no lunch PS
- Goofy's Kitchen @ 7:30pm
- swim and go to bed after dinner

Monday, August 28th: DCA

- get up @ 8am, DCA opens at 10am, but we're doing the Toontown Morning Madness thing which starts at 9am.
- no breakfast plans
- after DL, go to DCA and visit
- lunch at Ariel's (a must do) @ 12:50pm
- back to touring
- watch parade
- park closes at 6pm (almost right after parade), head to hotel
- no dinner plans

Tuesday, August 29th: Disneyland (last park day)

- get up @ 7am, park opens @ 8am b/c of EE
- tour DL
- breakfast at Plaza Inn @ 10am (free with Costco)
- keep on touring
- no lunch plans
- watch parade
- no dinner plans
- head back to DLH

Wednesday, August 30th: Departure

- getting up early enough to be ready for 11am check-out (are late check-outs available?)
- go shopping/ take a swim
- leave for late afternoon flight

I know it looks really boring but I think with more opinions I can make this a really fun trip. We haven't been since 2002 and from what I have read on the web and seen in shows and movies the resort has changed quite a bit since then.

Looking forward to your comments!

Kurt

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Europe, I bet London was very busy and very expensive!!! What did you think of Disneyland Paris? It's very similar to California I think.
I never do an itinery as we just like to wake up in the morning and decide then what to do, but yours looks ok.
Enjoy your trip.
Love Ella
PS which part of Spain did you visit? We go to Spain as much as we can.

Thanks for the reply I guess the thing I am most worried about is our meals.

Yes, London was very busy, expensive and HOT! A lot like what you might find at Disney.

Disneyland Paris was really neat. Since we only stayed in Paris for 3 nights we didn't have enough time to do a full day at Disneyland so we took advantage of a "Magic Nights" ticket which was 29 Euros for Adults and Children and then we took a 30 minute train ride which dropped us off right at the gates. We spent most of that day watching the final race for the Tour de France so we only got to the park at 8pm, and it closed at 11pm. We did a tour of the castle, Space Mountain Mission 2, Indiana Jones ride, Pirates (really cool compared to WDW), Big Thunder Mountain (on an island!), Peter Pan, shopped, and watched Fantilusion (Electrical Parade). There were good things (seeing different rides and restaurants) and bad things (almost all of the counter service restaurants sold McDonalds which got really annoying when trying to find something else to eat). The longest ride we waited for was Peter Pan which was 20 minutes, but over all I would take DL or WDW any day.

In Spain, we visited Marbella and stayed at the Mariott Vacation Club.

Your plan looks great. The only thing I personally would add, would be to make sure you see Aladdin when you are in DCA. Have a great trip!

kurt90 said:
Thanks for the reply I guess the thing I am most worried about is our meals.

We usually only plan 1 "big" meal per day which it looks like you have done. We will grab a bite to eat depending on which part of the park we are in and if we are "on the run" or tired and needing a sit down meal.

stagemomx3 said:
Your plan looks great. The only thing I personally would add, would be to make sure you see Aladdin when you are in DCA. Have a great trip!

That's what I was going to say!

Aladdin is a really great show, there are seveal showings though out the day. DH and I went on TOT, got some fast passes to go again, then headed over to get in line for Aladdin. (We timed it just right!) I am not sure if there are "bad" seats in the theater, we were in the back on the left side and could see everything just fine.

I would also try to get in the Fireworks show. It is great! It's also a special one for the 50th Celebration. Also while we are talking shows, Fantasmic is pretty good too.

Have a great time!

I really wanted to see the Aladdin show, but according to the Disneyland.com calendar it says that it is not playing during the week. Maybe they are expecting slower crowds. Oh well, maybe we can squeeze it in on another day.

I also really wanted to get the balcony seats for Fantasmic on the sunday but I just couldnt justify the $56, especially when we have seen it like 10 times between DL and WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter