• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did, and actually it worked out really well because right after the parade, they did the It's a Small World lighting and it was beautiful!!

And, we just got back from WOC dessert party and I LOVED it. I mean, fighting back tears. It was AWESOME.

I got very choked up during "let there be peace on earth"..I really loved this version of WOC much more than winter dreams

It did, and actually it worked out really well because right after the parade, they did the It's a Small World lighting and it was beautiful!!

And, we just got back from WOC dessert party and I LOVED it. I mean, fighting back tears. It was AWESOME.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed WOC. We are doing the dessert party next week and it sounds like it will be well worth it! I can't wait!

I do not think that Olaf's area is up and running this year. We were over there a few times, and while I saw characters meeting in that area, I saw them outside the building (Olaf and nick/judy were there at different times). We didn't attempt to go in the building, but we didn't see any outward signs that there was anything inside. Anna and Elsa are meeting at the Animation building.

Bummer, the snow fest was one our favorite places to go. Kids loved the sledding and it was just so festive.

Waited too long to decide on the Holiday Tour. It is sold out for the dates I wanted to do it (Dec 10 or 11). At least I have the dessert party.

For those who know/have been to DCA this week- I see on the Festival of Holidays map I think says photo ops and kid activities- can anyone elaborate on where they are and what they are? I saw country bear and chip/Dale holding acorns with bows, so I'm assuming those are 2 of the photo ops? I'd love to hear more info though!
As far as the photo ops, Chip and Dale and Santa meet in the Redwood Challenge Course area, and the Country Bears are by the waterfall.

There are four kid craft stations - coloring an ornament for Christmas, making a dreidel for Hannukah, a paper mat for Kwanzaa, and a lantern for another holiday. Each also has a little card with a picture to color. The craft stations are spread out in between the food booths. There's also cookie decorating at the Santa's Treats food booth, and one of the standard face painting carts was over there.

As far as the photo ops, Chip and Dale and Santa meet in the Redwood Challenge Course area, and the Country Bears are by the waterfall.

There are four kid craft stations - coloring an ornament for Christmas, making a dreidel for Hannukah, a paper mat for Kwanzaa, and a lantern for another holiday. Each also has a little card with a picture to color. The craft stations are spread out in between the food booths. There's also cookie decorating at the Santa's Treats food booth, and one of the standard face painting carts was over there.
Do you know if there is a charge to participate in the crafts and cookie decorating?

Do you know if there is a charge to participate in the crafts and cookie decorating?
No charge for the crafts; cookie decorating is $7.50, I think (we haven't done it yet).

I forgot to mention that there is also a craft area with coloring and an Elena crown that you get to put stickers on back by the Garden Grill.

Hi guys! I have a question - hours for my dates (December 23 - 25) are finally posted (YAY!) and I see that Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour is showing for both parks for all three days... I thought DL only offered that Tues, Thurs, Saturday? Is this a holiday time perk or probably a typo? This would be awesome because we have the magic morning for all three days but I didn't think we would be able to use it bc we planned on DL Friday, CA Saturday and DL again on Sunday. (we don't plan to park hop since we are first timers with little ones - we will have plenty to see to stay in one park each day haha)

Hi guys! I have a question - hours for my dates (December 23 - 25) are finally posted (YAY!) and I see that Magic Morning and Extra Magic Hour is showing for both parks for all three days... I thought DL only offered that Tues, Thurs, Saturday? Is this a holiday time perk or probably a typo? This would be awesome because we have the magic morning for all three days but I didn't think we would be able to use it bc we planned on DL Friday, CA Saturday and DL again on Sunday. (we don't plan to park hop since we are first timers with little ones - we will have plenty to see to stay in one park each day haha)

They typically offer MM/EE every day during peak crowds. Sorry!

No charge for the crafts; cookie decorating is $7.50, I think (we haven't done it yet).

I forgot to mention that there is also a craft area with coloring and an Elena crown that you get to put stickers on back by the Garden Grill.
This is good info, thanks for sharing! Have you seen the cookie decorating kit anywhere else?

The last two weeks of December there is MM/EMH every morning.
Don't forget that unless you are staying at a Disney hotel, you only get 1 MM when you buy a 3 day or more ticket, and that is only for Disneyland.

EMH is for both parks, but that is only for Disney hotel guests.

Does anyone know how many cookies you get with the cookie decorating kit? It looks cute, but at $7.50 I'm hoping more than one cookie (not counting on it, but hoping :)

The last two weeks of December there is MM/EMH every morning.
Don't forget that unless you are staying at a Disney hotel, you only get 1 MM when you buy a 3 day or more ticket, and that is only for Disneyland.

EMH is for both parks, but that is only for Disney hotel guests.
good to know..... I guess we will just get going as early as we're allowed by the schedule...

Does anyone know how many cookies you get with the cookie decorating kit? It looks cute, but at $7.50 I'm hoping more than one cookie (not counting on it, but hoping :)
When we were there a few years ago we bought a kit and only one cookie was included. They're pretty big though.

Agree with the other poster, its just one cookie (or was a few years ago) but its a pretty big cookie. My kids never finish it. If I can find a pic I'll come back and post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter