Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, how frustrating for everyone watching last night. Did the absence of the head affect the show (was it supposed to be incorporated into parts of it?). I hope you're able to catch it again!
It wasn't obvious how they would use it - some sort of additional projector screen? They had workers climb the supports of the wheel to get it aligned. We won't get another chance this trip. I'll be interested in hearing if they got the kinks worked out.

Was anyone else there tonight? I'm curious as to what would stop the fireworks midshow? I've seen them delay, then run...delay,then cancel...but I've never seen them have to stop and cancel mid show!

Was anyone else there tonight? I'm curious as to what would stop the fireworks midshow? I've seen them delay, then run...delay,then cancel...but I've never seen them have to stop and cancel mid show!
We were there tonight, and you could see it coming... you could see the wind picking up in how the smoke from the fireworks moved. Wind is usually the #1 reason why fireworks at DL are canceled and I would bet that they believed the winds were lighter when the show started. Bummer for us because it was our last night and we had the WOC delay the night before.

Now, there is nothing they can do about the weather, but we really noticed a bunch of issues this trip. The show snafus, lack of stock of items (no Mickey bars anywhere), and a huge uptick in rude cast members... not to mention we were evacuated off of 2 rides. Something is amiss at DLR.

Saw the WOC show last night. It was okay, but I was a little disappointed. I think I expected it to be better than last year. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I loved the Winter Dreams version better. Probably won't go back to see it again. They didn't do the Fun Wheel Challenge last night. That's always fun.

Saw the WOC show last night. It was okay, but I was a little disappointed. I think I expected it to be better than last year. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I loved the Winter Dreams version better. Probably won't go back to see it again. They didn't do the Fun Wheel Challenge last night. That's always fun.
I have the dessert party booked for this show. I've actually never seen WOC, other than out my window when staying at the hotel and that wasn't a very good view. I'm trying to decide if I should keep the reservation.

We also want to do the Holiday Tour, but there aren't any reviews, yet. I know it will sell out if I don't decide soon. Does anyone else have any feedback about WOC or the Holiday Tour? I know it won't include rides this time.

I have the dessert party booked for this show. I've actually never seen WOC, other than out my window when staying at the hotel and that wasn't a very good view. I'm trying to decide if I should keep the reservation.

We also want to do the Holiday Tour, but there aren't any reviews, yet. I know it will sell out if I don't decide soon. Does anyone else have any feedback about WOC or the Holiday Tour? I know it won't include rides this time.
I am doing both on Monday and I will do a review asap!!

Have you guys seen this thread? Apparently so far the toy soldiers have been absent from the Christmas parade. That makes me very sad. :sad:

On the March by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I also have reservations for the dessert party. After reading this review, I decided to keep it. At the end, they say this is their favorite version of WOC ever. Warning: It does contain spoilers. http://www.disneytouristblog.com/world-color-season-light-review-tips/

Have you guys seen this thread? Apparently so far the toy soldiers have been absent from the Christmas parade. That makes me very sad. :sad:

Yes, they were absent yesterday :(

Also, the Times Guide confirms that parade taping is happening Wed at 10:30a and 1:15p. I hadnt seen that mentioned here yet, and I know people wanted to know!

It wasn't obvious how they would use it - some sort of additional projector screen? They had workers climb the supports of the wheel to get it aligned. We won't get another chance this trip. I'll be interested in hearing if they got the kinks worked out.

For the 60th version of WOC, the screen was raised to cover the Mickey on the center of the Death Wheel and then projections were shown on it during WOC. I'm assuming it will be the same for this version. :)

The toy soldiers will be in the parade starting next week. I can't say why they've been absent, so you'll just have to take my word for it. (Or not.) :)

I also have reservations for the dessert party. After reading this review, I decided to keep it. At the end, they say this is their favorite version of WOC ever. Warning: It does contain spoilers. http://www.disneytouristblog.com/world-color-season-light-review-tips/

FWIW, I'm the author of that blog post (thanks for sharing the link!) and I would recommend the Holiday Time at Disneyland tour over the dessert party. I cover getting the best spot for World of Color in my viewing guide (mentioned in that post), and it's a pretty easy strategy to follow.

From my perspective, the dessert party is way overpriced for what you get. A great view of World of Color is not at all difficult to secure if you know what you're doing. Have fun!

Also, the Times Guide confirms that parade taping is happening Wed at 10:30a and 1:15p. I hadnt seen that mentioned here yet, and I know people wanted to know!

Uuugh! What a bummer! What is the Times Guide?
Anyone have any experience with how the taping effects crowds?

The toy soldiers will be in the parade starting next week. I can't say why they've been absent, so you'll just have to take my word for it. (Or not.) :)

FWIW, I'm the author of that blog post (thanks for sharing the link!) and I would recommend the Holiday Time at Disneyland tour over the dessert party. I cover getting the best spot for World of Color in my viewing guide (mentioned in that post), and it's a pretty easy strategy to follow.

From my perspective, the dessert party is way overpriced for what you get. A great view of World of Color is not at all difficult to secure if you know what you're doing. Have fun!

Thanks for that Tom! Nice to see you posting here again. We miss you over on the photography forum.

We're planning to watch the parade next Thursday when it seems to have one lone evening showing (what's that about?). Any chance they will be back by Thursday? Although if they are taping the parade on Wednesday, maybe they will be back for that?

Yes, they were absent yesterday :(

Well, they seem to be one last minute surprise after another this year, don't they?

Thanks for sharing though @Angel Ariel. Better to know than be surprised.

Has anyone checked out the crafts and Santa meet at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail? I'd love to hear about it. Is it decorated really cute?

Waving hello to everyone from quite sunny, CA. I also am praying Sherry is well. Has anyone heard from her? I thought of her and this thread earlier today when I bought from Pavilions (Von's or Safeway in other areas) Safeway Brand pink peppermint ice cream. It is MUCH better than Ralph's (Kroger) pink peppermint and there is no comparison between well any of them to the (IMO) very disappointing Dreyers wonderland or whatever it is called. I will keep an eye out for Target selling their brand of Peppermint. I'm hoping it makes a comeback at Baskin Robbins.

I know this is not the meet up thread so just a quick shout out if anyone would like to meet up on Mon Nov 28th or for breakfast on Tuesday the 29th to please PM me.

I think Sherry devotes her time to her Facebook account. I miss her holiday spirit. Does anyone know what her username is for Facebook so I can send her a friend request?

Question for someone there or that knows- is Olaf's little snow area back this year? Also is the holiday village and ice skating rink there in downtown Disney? We love both the cute little snow play area and watching the ice rink so I'm hoping yes but haven't heard a word about them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter