[/URL][/IMG]
th_DSC00323_zps6fc46625.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC00323_zps6fc46625.jpg
DSC00321_zps492f06bb.jpg
DSC00324_zps878f949e.jpg

this is all under the tree in DCA

DSC00317_zpsb7f06d00.jpg

this is the only one we have of the five and dime.

In my Halloween Time Superthread it was reported that Main Street is becoming more Halloween-ified each day. The 60th anniversary banners on Main Street apparently came down, and more Halloween-ish things are going up. Don't worry -- there are still 60th anniversary banners in other areas of the park, but the colors on them would really clash with the bright orange pumpkins in place on Main Street for Halloween Time.

So I am glad that Halloween Time -- even though the offerings are thin and the pumpkin carvers are gone -- is being allowed to shine a little bit, even if just on Main Street. If Disney is going to market and promote a Halloween Time season, they have to get at least one park in semi-Halloween mode. The 60th anniversary entertainment isn't going anywhere -- and I think that's probably the most important thing. I don't think that the most important part of the Diamond Celebration is the banners -- those are just enhancements.

As for what this means for the holiday season, I am not sure. On the one hand I suspect that blue banners could co-exist much better with holiday season décor than with Halloween Time décor. So maybe a lot of the 60th banners will stay in place because they fit with the holidays better. On the other hand, the holiday décor is much more layered, thorough and detailed than what's there for Halloween Time. There is a lot of holiday season décor in both parks and all 3 hotels. I don't know if that means that more of the 60th anniversary banners would be taken down, or if it means that some of the holiday décor will not go up, but Disney does treat their holiday season as a very special time so I tend to think they will not skimp too, too much on the holiday décor.

One good thing is that the goats will be wearing their Halloween scarves for Halloween Time. I think this means that there is a good chance that the goats will be there for the holidays too. There won't be a Jingle Jangle Jamboree, more than likely, but the Ranch/cabin/petting zoo area should hopefully be intact and in semi-holiday mode in November and December!

By the way, the heat is awful -- September is a terrible month -- and it feels like I am being boiled alive in a cauldron from hades. I cannot wait for this infernal weather to end. Summer has overstayed its welcome and needs to ease on down the road!

:santa::santa::santa:

I noticed on the Mouse Planet fan site, It's a Small World is shown to be "closed October 19 through November 5 for installation of the holiday overlay." I have no idea where that info came from, as I did not see it the last time I checked the DLR website for some sort of sign of an IASW closure, but, if it's accurate, it means that It's a Small World Holiday will follow its usual pattern of opening on the weekend before Veterans Day, and before the holiday season officially begins. IASWH should open on Friday, 11/6/15.

Remember -- we are in Buena Vista Street/Hollywood Land Theme Week, so feel free to share your photos of both or one of those subjects. Olaf's Snow Fest can be included in the Hollywood Land portion of the theme as well, as it debuted in December 2014 and will likely be back for this year's holiday season at some point.

:santa::santa:

Last edited:
As we go through these Theme Weeks and seeing everyone else's pictures, it makes me wish I had taken more and more pictures! I have been able to participate in each week so far, but I still see so many pictures of things I wish I had taken!

Here are my contributions for this week:
Buena Vista Street:
DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

Not very good pictures of the tree on Buena Vista St: (which I love because of its old fashioned ornaments!)
DSCN0240.jpg
DSCN0245.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg
DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

Love, Love, Love the Bell Ringers!
DSCN0306.jpg

Hollywood Land: (at least I think it is?)
DSCN0295.jpg

I haven't had anything to contribute last week or this one. :( Me thinks it is time to go back ... maybe next year I'll get there during the holiday season.

PHXscuba

Just saw this on FB...

DizScoop

HOLIDAY NEWS: Taping of the West Coast portions of the 2015 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade is scheduled for November 6th – 8th. The performances are usually taped on Friday and Saturday, with Sunday reserved as a backup day in case of weather.

Filming is always subject to change without notice. We don't encourage making a special trip just to see the filming take place.

I haven't had anything to contribute last week or this one. :( Me thinks it is time to go back ... maybe next year I'll get there during the holiday season.

PHXscuba

Didn't you participate in Paradise Pier/Pacific Wharf theme week and Buena Vista Street/Hollywood Land theme week last year? You could always just use whichever photos from BVS/HL that you posted last year.

Sorry I've been MIA - busy with school, away for the long weekend and then last night my grandma fell and fractured her neck, so I've been at hospital all day. Add to it this awful heat we're having and I'm more than ready for our Thanksgiving trip. I did have my first PSL of the season on Monday though :)

And some from 2013

By the way, the heat is awful -- September is a terrible month -- and it feels like I am being boiled alive in a cauldron from hades. I cannot wait for this infernal weather to end. Summer has overstayed its welcome and needs to ease on down the road!

:santa::santa::santa:

That is the truth! September is just part of summer in California. I don't care how many pumpkin flavored things are available, or how many Halloween decorations I see, it's summer. 80 degrees in the morning? It is summer...and it needs to stop. :scared::mickeybaro_O

I wish I had pictures to share, but the last time I was at DLR at Christmastime, there was no Buena Vista Street!

That is the truth! September is just part of summer in California. I don't care how many pumpkin flavored things are available, or how many Halloween decorations I see, it's summer. 80 degrees in the morning? It is summer...and it needs to stop. :scared::mickeybaro_O

I wish I had pictures to share, but the last time I was at DLR at Christmastime, there was no Buena Vista Street!
Mine are from Hollywood Blvd in 2005 ;)

Hope it cools off for you guys soon. I love summer up here in the PNW . . . even though we had record heat this summer, it was still tolerable most days. Today was a high of 71 which is pretty darn near close to perfection in my book. Now when you are in the 60's to 70's in the middle of winter, it starts to sound pretty nice down there. ::yes::

Mine are from Hollywood Blvd in 2005 ;)

Hope it cools off for you guys soon. I love summer up here in the PNW . . . even though we had record heat this summer, it was still tolerable most days. Today was a high of 71 which is pretty darn near close to perfection in my book. Now when you are in the 60's to 70's in the middle of winter, it starts to sound pretty nice down there. ::yes::

I may have to look and see what I've got for pictures of Hollywood Blvd! It's been so long since I've been there at Christmas. I am SO EXCITED!

71...That sounds amazing. It is almost 8 o'clock right now and it is currently 93 degrees.

I may have to look and see what I've got for pictures of Hollywood Blvd! It's been so long since I've been there at Christmas. I am SO EXCITED!

71...That sounds amazing. It is almost 8 o'clock right now and it is currently 93 degrees.
We haven't been for the Christmas season since 2005, so I am right there with you! :flower1: I have been surprised at how the pics I took back then have gotten me through most everything last year and this year so far in the theme weeks. I didn't take too many pics of the decorations, etc., but by chance have a few here and there. Hopefully people enjoy seeing the older pics as much as I enjoy the newer ones. :goodvibes

UG 93 is miserable to me any time of the day, but when it is supposed to be cooling off and it is still that hot . . . bloody unbearable. We had a few days this summer like that--where it never cooled off enough to open up the house. Blek. I really can't complain because we have a/c, which is fairly unusual for our area. But it only does a good job on the main floor of the house. The upstairs stays hot. So I still whine even though I have no right to. ;) We spent 4 years in the Sacramento Valley, so I paid my dues, right? lol I'll be thinking cool thoughts for you guys down there. 8-)

We haven't been for the Christmas season since 2005, so I am right there with you! :flower1: I have been surprised at how the pics I took back then have gotten me through most everything last year and this year so far in the theme weeks. I didn't take too many pics of the decorations, etc., but by chance have a few here and there. Hopefully people enjoy seeing the older pics as much as I enjoy the newer ones. :goodvibes

UG 93 is miserable to me any time of the day, but when it is supposed to be cooling off and it is still that hot . . . bloody unbearable. We had a few days this summer like that--where it never cooled off enough to open up the house. Blek. I really can't complain because we have a/c, which is fairly unusual for our area. But it only does a good job on the main floor of the house. The upstairs stays hot. So I still whine even though I have no right to. ;) We spent 4 years in the Sacramento Valley, so I paid my dues, right? lol I'll be thinking cool thoughts for you guys down there. 8-)

Ugh...Sacramento is the worst in the summer!

Ugh...Sacramento is the worst in the summer!
Yep, there were some days where it was just unbearable. Especially 9 1/2 months pregnant ( 12 days overdue ). No a/c in my car at the time either! Glad that was a long time ago when I was young enough to make it through. Glad to be home in the PNW for 20+ years now!

Last edited:
DisneyJamieCA, prayers for your Grandma!

To everyone, love the Merry pictures and of cooler times too. It is so HOT out here. I am ready for some "snow" at DL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter