Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love a party *i would pay for it* and if they did the tour/party ticket Like they did with the Halloween party I may do that too so we could have good seats hopefully for PTN. Eagerly awaiting for sep 10th now. *taps fingers waiting*

At this slow rate of the release of information, I would not be shocked if they make us wait until September 15th for info. If the old rumor about the Christmas star returning to the Matterhorn is true, the Parks Blog may tease the info in advance, but then not announce the holiday season dates until mid-September.

At this slow rate of the release of information, I would not be shocked if they make us wait until September 15th for info. If the old rumor about the Christmas star returning to the Matterhorn is true, the Parks Blog may tease the info in advance, but then not announce the holiday season dates until mid-September.

As a person that likes to plan ahead, the slow release of information drives me crazy!

I wouldn't be happy with the idea of a ticketed Christmas Party. What "extra" could they possibly offer in it that they haven't in years past- especially when they've already said the holiday fireworks and WOC won't be happening? Although, I follow your line of reasoning Sherry, I don't see how they sell PTN as party exclusives for either Halloweentime or Holidaytime when it's been available the entire summer. I guess we'll wait and see how the calendar fills in over the next few months.

I am excited that the Hatbox ghost is staying though!

And super excited that we are nearing the start of the Theme week countdown!

I wouldn't be happy with the idea of a ticketed Christmas Party. What "extra" could they possibly offer in it that they haven't in years past- especially when they've already said the holiday fireworks and WOC won't be happening? Although, I follow your line of reasoning Sherry, I don't see how they sell PTN as party exclusives for either Halloweentime or Holidaytime when it's been available the entire summer. I guess we'll wait and see how the calendar fills in over the next few months.

I am excited that the Hatbox ghost is staying though!

And super excited that we are nearing the start of the Theme week countdown!

I'm not thrilled with how Paint the Night is being handled post-summer. But then again, we never knew for sure what the PTN schedule would be in the off-peak seasons anyway. Maybe it was never intended to run nightly in Sept-Oct, and Disney could have just figured that instead of trying to work it in around all of the Halloween Party nights they would add it into the party.

But then if Paint the Night starts running nightly again, for the general public, for the holiday season (because that's peak season), then that means the Halloween Party folks shelled out a bunch of money for a party that included a parade that is once again available to the general public. Some of the MHP guests are going to be paying a painful $84!!!!!!!! $84, and yet Paint the Night is running nightly for everyone. It's kind of shady on Disney's part, unless PtN has a secret Halloween version that we don't know about.

ETA: Erin at the Parks Blog says that Disneyland Forever will run on all non-party nights, with the exception of September 10th. So it definitely sounds as though some exceptions were made this year to Disneyland's usual off season fireworks schedule, which is what I figured would happen. They ran nightly fireworks in the off season in 2009, and I figured they would do it again this year.

:santa::santa::santa:

I was just about to head off to sleep, but I decided to check a website that I last checked a few days ago, just on a whim... and I have news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like -- all signs are pointing to -- A Christmas Fantasy Parade is returning this year!!!!! Now, we have no clue if it will be a daytime only thing, or if it will run at night at any point during the holiday season. But, Disney is holding auditions for performers in A Christmas Fantasy Parade over the next week or two!!!!! So that means it IS definitely happening this year, in some capacity. It may only be in the daytime, but we shall see.

As to how Paint the Night will fit in during the holidays -- we will see what happens with that too.

As I mentioned, I just checked the site a few days ago and there was nothing but some Cars Land auditions mentioned. The CFP auditions just popped up!

The Christmas Parade tradition lives on at Disneyland in 2015!!!

Last edited:

I'm not thrilled with how Paint the Night is being handled post-summer. But then again, we never knew for sure what the PTN schedule would be in the off-peak seasons anyway. Maybe it was never intended to run nightly in Sept-Oct, and Disney could have just figured that instead of trying to work it in around all of the Halloween Party nights they would add it into the party.

But then if Paint the Night starts running nightly again, for the general public, for the holiday season (because that's peak season), then that means the Halloween Party folks shelled out a bunch of money for a party that included a parade that is once again available to the general public. Some of the MHP guests are going to be paying a painful $84!!!!!!!! $84, and yet Paint the Night is running nightly for everyone. It's kind of shady on Disney's part, unless PtN has a secret Halloween version that we don't know about.

ETA: Erin at the Parks Blog says that Disneyland Forever will run on all non-party nights, with the exception of September 10th. So it definitely sounds as though some exceptions were made this year to Disneyland's usual off season fireworks schedule, which is what I figured would happen. They ran nightly fireworks in the off season in 2009, and I figured they would do it again this year.
I somehow missed it . . . what is happening with Paint the Night after the summer? We are going Nov 17-22 Tues-Sun and seeing the 60th shows will be high on the priority list. It would be great to see both PTN and the Christmas parade. Thanks!

I'm happy the Christmas parade will be returning! I'm just nervous about paint the night now. I really want to see it. I'm glad the Halloween folks got some answers today, but now us Christmas people have more questions, and more waiting.

I was just about to head off to sleep, but I decided to check a website that I last checked a few days ago, just on a whim... and I have news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like -- all signs are pointing to -- A Christmas Fantasy Parade is returning this year!!!!! Now, we have no clue if it will be a daytime only thing, or if it will run at night at any point during the holiday season. But, Disney is holding auditions for performers in A Christmas Fantasy Parade over the next week or two!!!!! So that means it IS definitely happening this year, in some capacity. It may only be in the daytime, but we shall see.

As to how Paint the Night will fit in during the holidays -- we will see what happens with that too.

As I mentioned, I just checked the site a few days ago and there was nothing but some Cars Land auditions mentioned. The CFP auditions just popped up!

This is great news! We just bought our Airline tickets too which makes it feel real now.

I'm so relieved the parade is on again. Something recently made me think it would be but for the life of me I can't remember what it was! I know I was at work and thought 'I wonder if..' and by the time I got home I'd forgotten all about it! I really wanted to do something special with my mum on this trip and thought the holiday tour would be perfect but without the parade wouldn't be worth it, so this is great news!

Really interested in how PTN fits in... This is my first trip to the Land and want to experience all the 60th has to offer...

They better still have PTN too,I really want to see it and all the 60th stuff. Also does that mean, I guess no Christmas party? Orr could the Christmas parade be for just at a Christmas party? Ohh that could be one thing. The PTN every other day that party's not ran. Ok so maybe im the only one who wants a Christmas party lol

Hi all! I'm so glad to have found this thread. I haven't read all of it, but I've tried to skim as much as possible. We're planning a trip to DLR for the Christmas holidays this year and I am so excited. It will be my DH, my 2 DS (3 and a half year old twins) and 2 dear friends from WDW. We're DVC but are currently wait listed at the Grand, so I'm expecting us to be at Paradise Pier the whole time. We're be getting to Anaheim mid-day on Monday, November 30 and will be leaving that next Saturday, December 5th. I'm hoping crowds will be OK for us. Here's what we have in mind so far:

• Dinner at Blue Bayou Fantasmic package (guessing it will only be showing Friday, December 4th) and will watch the fireworks from our seating area immediately afterwards
  • Lunch at Carthay Circle WOC
  • Breakfast at Storytellers on our check-out day (I love Brother Bear and the boys love Meeko)
  • Breakfast at Ariels one day (the boys also adore the princesses)
  • Plenty of time for Jingle Jangle Jamboree (assuming it's there this year)
I really want to see Paint the Night as well (depending on what Disney does with the scheduling), and still avoid as many crowds as possible. Do the days before Candlelight typically get busy, or just the actual days of the event? We're spoiled by our WDW vacations, as we have gone in offseason most of the time. This will be our 2nd DLR vacation, so we're definitely newbies for DLR planning. We just survived a mid-June WDW trip, though, so I am hopeful we will be just fine.

Are there other holiday specific events I need to do more research on? Small World is on our list, as it's a family favorite. Same with Jingle Cruise (if it's offered).

I am feverishly waiting details! We are surprising my 18yr old brother in law with a trip for Christmas! Leaving the 3-7th (praying for no rain this time!)

My hubs hasn't been for Christmas either, but I was there last December. I *really* want to see the 60th fireworks and Paint the Night!

But once I'm locked in, I'm locked in! As a long distance planner, I'm going crazy!

I somehow missed it . . . what is happening with Paint the Night after the summer? We are going Nov 17-22 Tues-Sun and seeing the 60th shows will be high on the priority list. It would be great to see both PTN and the Christmas parade. Thanks!

What's happening is that Disney is removing the Halloween-specific (but rather underwhelming) Costume Cavalcade from the Halloween Party this year, and inserting Paint the Night into the party in its place. What that means, essentially, is that people are paying a hefty price tag to attend this party, but they have lost one of the Halloween party exclusives. Paint the Night is running nightly -- even on non-party nights -- throughout Halloween Time. So people will, essentially, be paying $84 (in some cases) to attend a party that includes a parade that the general public will be able to see without a party ticket every other night of the season (and now, and probably during the holidays too). The only real Halloween party exclusives will be Halloween Screams fireworks and the assorted Villains & character photo spots, as well as being able to collect candy.

It's not that I think they should have taken Paint the Night and made it a party exclusive -- I think it should be available to everyone, every night, all throughout the Diamond Celebration and beyond. But I don't think they should have thrown it into a Halloween party -- which is supposed to have entertainment that is party-specific -- and then raised the prices for the party tickets quite significantly, especially when the parties seem to be getting more crowded each year!!

So that's what I meant when I said I wasn't thrilled with how PtN is being handled. I think it's a bit shady. It's not that the Costume Cavalcade was so amazing -- it was cute, but not spectacular -- but it was something that was only available at the Halloween party, which added a tiny bit of value to the MHP prices.

Now that I have learned that A Christmas Fantasy Parade IS coming back for the holiday season in some capacity, I am going to go out on a limb and assume it will be presented in the daytime only (so that it can be included in the Holiday Time tour), with Paint the Night as the nighttime event. OR... Disney will 'create' a sudden, surprise Christmas party of sorts, and either throw Paint the Night in it like they are doing with the Halloween party, OR throw A Christmas Fantasy Parade into the party and run Paint the Night on any non-party night.

A CM I know who works at DLR told me a couple of months ago that it looked like there was going to be a lot of activity happening on the "Special Events" front in the second half of this year, as Disney was already bringing in a lot of new "leads" and staff for that department. At that time, she wasn't sure if it meant more Halloween party nights (MHP is one of the Special Events) added in, or random pop-up, limited time events in honor of the 60th anniversary, or something else. She just said that the surge in new leads and staff indicated that a lot would be going on at DLR in the second half of this year in terms of Special Events. At that time I really didn't think it would include a Christmas party, as I figured that a party would come along in the next year or two.

But now? Seeing how Paint the Night is being handled, and learning that ACFP is returning to some extent, I have to wonder if a Christmas party might be coming sooner rather than later. Disney DID start up the Halloween parties in the year of the 50th anniversary, so it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that they could launch some sort of Christmas event during the 60th. But... we shall see...

I'm happy the Christmas parade will be returning! I'm just nervous about paint the night now. I really want to see it. I'm glad the Halloween folks got some answers today, but now us Christmas people have more questions, and more waiting.

Erin at the Parks Blog said, "Both “Disneyland Forever” fireworks and “Paint the Night” parade will be presented on all non-party nights, including weeknights. Check the Entertainment schedule on Disneyland.com prior to your visit, as it is subject to change." Of course, she is referring to Halloween Time but since Halloween Time is technically considered by Disney to be the off season (despite its popularity!), I would have to imagine that Paint the Night will be a regular fixture during the holiday season (which is peak season) as well! Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks will not happen this year, but there will probably be some snow on Main Street and elsewhere after Disneyland Forever fireworks.

This is great news! We just bought our Airline tickets too which makes it feel real now.

Having the tickets in hand certainly makes everything much more final and definite, doesn't it?

I'm so relieved the parade is on again. Something recently made me think it would be but for the life of me I can't remember what it was! I know I was at work and thought 'I wonder if..' and by the time I got home I'd forgotten all about it! I really wanted to do something special with my mum on this trip and thought the holiday tour would be perfect but without the parade wouldn't be worth it, so this is great news!

It's not even that I am so gung ho on the CFP itself -- I have seen it enough to last a while -- but it doesn't seem right for Disneyland to not have a Christmas-specific parade of some sort, especially since they are taking the little Costume Cavalcade out of the Halloween party! The holiday season, as you know, is a big, big, big deal at Disneyland -- they don't skimp on the celebrations, for the most part -- and a Christmas parade is really needed, even if it is only in the daytime, or only included with the tour, or however it is happening. As it is, the holiday-specific fireworks will not happen, and I'm not sure about World of Color - Winter Dreams, but I have to assume that it will not happen either due to World of Color - Celebrate. Taking the Christmas parade out of the mix would have been way too much 'loss' for the holiday season.

Really interested in how PTN fits in... This is my first trip to the Land and want to experience all the 60th has to offer...

I think that Paint the Night will run every night during the holidays, and that the Christmas parade will run in the daytime -- unless, for some reason, Disney suddenly surprises us with a Christmas party, in which case that could mean that PtN is thrown into the party, OR that the Christmas parade will run during the party and PtN will run on non-party nights. Either way, you'll get to see Paint the Night. It's too big of a deal to Disneyland this year for them to abandon it completely, but they are having to integrate the usual Halloween/holiday celebrations into the 60th celebration, and that could result in some kooky schedules.

They better still have PTN too,I really want to see it and all the 60th stuff. Also does that mean, I guess no Christmas party? Orr could the Christmas parade be for just at a Christmas party? Ohh that could be one thing. The PTN every other day that party's not ran. Ok so maybe im the only one who wants a Christmas party lol

I truly did not think that this would be a year for a party -- and it very well may not be, but now that I see what's happening with Paint the Night during Halloween Time and Mickey's Halloween Party, and knowing that A Christmas Fantasy Parade is returning in some way (even if only in the daytime), I am really starting to wonder if a secret Christmas party could be in store. Either way --party or no party -- I am positive you will get to see Paint the Night!

Hi all! I'm so glad to have found this thread. I haven't read all of it, but I've tried to skim as much as possible. We're planning a trip to DLR for the Christmas holidays this year and I am so excited. It will be my DH, my 2 DS (3 and a half year old twins) and 2 dear friends from WDW. We're DVC but are currently wait listed at the Grand, so I'm expecting us to be at Paradise Pier the whole time. We're be getting to Anaheim mid-day on Monday, November 30 and will be leaving that next Saturday, December 5th. I'm hoping crowds will be OK for us. Here's what we have in mind so far:

• Dinner at Blue Bayou Fantasmic package (guessing it will only be showing Friday, December 4th) and will watch the fireworks from our seating area immediately afterwards
  • Lunch at Carthay Circle WOC
  • Breakfast at Storytellers on our check-out day (I love Brother Bear and the boys love Meeko)
  • Breakfast at Ariels one day (the boys also adore the princesses)
  • Plenty of time for Jingle Jangle Jamboree (assuming it's there this year)
I really want to see Paint the Night as well (depending on what Disney does with the scheduling), and still avoid as many crowds as possible. Do the days before Candlelight typically get busy, or just the actual days of the event? We're spoiled by our WDW vacations, as we have gone in offseason most of the time. This will be our 2nd DLR vacation, so we're definitely newbies for DLR planning. We just survived a mid-June WDW trip, though, so I am hopeful we will be just fine.

Are there other holiday specific events I need to do more research on? Small World is on our list, as it's a family favorite. Same with Jingle Cruise (if it's offered).

Welcome!:welcome:

I'm glad you found us too! Skimming is the best way to start, as you did, and then if something else interests you, you can always go back to page 1 to learn more.

I hope you're able to get into the Grand Californian -- I love the Paradise Pier Hotel, but I think that most people consider the GCH to be more of an 'experience.' The PPH is very basic -- a cute theme, and bright, spacious rooms, but there isn't much else to it. I will say, however, that the park view rooms (views of California Adventure) are amazing. That view can't be beat! Either way, even if you end up at the PPH for the whole trip, you will be able to enjoy the GCH every day if you cross the street in front of the PPH and walk through the lobby of the GCH to get to the parks. I love that walk during the holiday season!

As for the Candlelight Crowds -- I think that, for the most part, you will probably dodge the bulk of them. Some people may come in the day before Candlelight to spend the weekend, but the hotels are usually not booked up for the weekend (last year was an exception, but it was not because of Candlelight, specifically). I think that the bulk of the crowds will be there on the actual days. Of course, since Disneyland does not advertise Candlelight and it is not promoted as part of the holiday entertainment, as it is handled at WDW, it helps to cut down on the potential crowds. If they actually promoted Candlelight, it would probably be bedlam in Town Square for that weekend, akin to what happened on the 20 nights of Candlelight back in 2012.

I am inclined to think that Jingle Jangle Jamboree will be back again this year -- although it is curious that Erin at the Parks Blog did not mention the Halloween Carnival (which is held in the same location at JJJ, but during Halloween Time) returning as part of the Halloween Time entertainment. It made me wonder for a second what could happen the the JJJ during the holidays.

It's a Small World Holiday is gorgeous -- especially the colorful façade at night. Inside, the entire ride is transformed for the holiday, just as Haunted Mansion is transformed for Haunted Mansion Holiday. It really is quite amazing, the level of detail involved in those overlays. I hope that Jingle Cruise returns this year -- especially since, last year, Disney really amped up the JC holiday overlay and added a lot of extra decorations that were not there in 2013 (and they added in wafting aromas too!).

With any luck, the teeny tiny Christmas decorations on the Storybook Land boat ride will be back as well!

I don't know if there is anything else you need to research, although, as I mentioned, you may want to go back to page 1 and see if any of the other holiday things jump out at you (hotel décor, seasonal goodies, etc.). I would suggest checking out Viva Navidad as well, assuming it returns to California Adventure this year. We don't have an Epcot, so the nods to international holiday celebrations are few and far between, but Viva Navidad is delightful, jubilant, joyous, etc.

I am feverishly waiting details! We are surprising my 18yr old brother in law with a trip for Christmas! Leaving the 3-7th (praying for no rain this time!)

My hubs hasn't been for Christmas either, but I was there last December. I *really* want to see the 60th fireworks and Paint the Night!

But once I'm locked in, I'm locked in! As a long distance planner, I'm going crazy!

I'm certain that you will see both Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night, though I don't know how the schedule will be arranged.

The wait for dates and info is maddening. Disney dragged out the wait for the release of Halloween Time info, and people in my Halloween Time thread were not having it! :lmao: They began posting lots of comments under assorted Parks Blogs, asking for Halloween and Halloween party info. Since Dsney is auditioning people for A Christmas Fantasy Parade, it sounds like they know what they are doing for the holiday season, and are getting prepared. It would be delightful if they could release holiday dates and info sooner rather than later, but I suspect we are looking at a September announcement. :sad: But, in the meantime, any time I get my hands on a tiny morsel of info, or any time an interesting rumor begins to circulate, I will, of course, post it here!

I should have the confirmed Candlelight Ceremony dates in the next week or two. I don't think there will be any surprises with the dates, but it's always good to get a confirmation that the event is carrying on as usual.

What's happening is that Disney is removing the Halloween-specific (but rather underwhelming) Costume Cavalcade from the Halloween Party this year, and inserting Paint the Night into the party in its place. What that means, essentially, is that people are paying a hefty price tag to attend this party, but they have lost one of the Halloween party exclusives. Paint the Night is running nightly -- even on non-party nights -- throughout Halloween Time. So people will, essentially, be paying $84 (in some cases) to attend a party that includes a parade that the general public will be able to see without a party ticket every other night of the season (and now, and probably during the holidays too). The only real Halloween party exclusives will be Halloween Screams fireworks and the assorted Villains & character photo spots, as well as being able to collect candy.

It's not that I think they should have taken Paint the Night and made it a party exclusive -- I think it should be available to everyone, every night, all throughout the Diamond Celebration and beyond. But I don't think they should have thrown it into a Halloween party -- which is supposed to have entertainment that is party-specific -- and then raised the prices for the party tickets quite significantly, especially when the parties seem to be getting more crowded each year!!

So that's what I meant when I said I wasn't thrilled with how PtN is being handled. I think it's a bit shady. It's not that the Costume Cavalcade was so amazing -- it was cute, but not spectacular -- but it was something that was only available at the Halloween party, which added a tiny bit of value to the MHP prices.

Now that I have learned that A Christmas Fantasy Parade IS coming back for the holiday season in some capacity, I am going to go out on a limb and assume it will be presented in the daytime only (so that it can be included in the Holiday Time tour), with Paint the Night as the nighttime event. OR... Disney will 'create' a sudden, surprise Christmas party of sorts, and either throw Paint the Night in it like they are doing with the Halloween party, OR throw A Christmas Fantasy Parade into the party and run Paint the Night on any non-party night.

A CM I know who works at DLR told me a couple of months ago that it looked like there was going to be a lot of activity happening on the "Special Events" front in the second half of this year, as Disney was already bringing in a lot of new "leads" and staff for that department. At that time, she wasn't sure if it meant more Halloween party nights (MHP is one of the Special Events) added in, or random pop-up, limited time events in honor of the 60th anniversary, or something else. She just said that the surge in new leads and staff indicated that a lot would be going on at DLR in the second half of this year in terms of Special Events. At that time I really didn't think it would include a Christmas party, as I figured that a party would come along in the next year or two.

But now? Seeing how Paint the Night is being handled, and learning that ACFP is returning to some extent, I have to wonder if a Christmas party might be coming sooner than later. Disney DID start up the Halloween parties in the year of the 50th anniversary, so it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that they could launch some sort of Christmas event during the 60th. But... we shall see...
Thank you, now I understand! That is strange about PTN and MHP, although I have to admit when we attended 2 MHP's last year, we didn't watch the calvacade at all. I think we saw it pass by once and we weren't too impressed. Too many other fun things to do. As long as they are still doing PTN during late November, I'll be happy. Although a Christmas party?!?! Could be fun . . . hmmm . . . keep us posted if you hear anything, please! :goodvibes

What do you think the chances are of a DLR hotel discount in early December? I have come to terms with paying full price for The Grand, but a fall discount was just released, so......could a December discount be possible?

What do you think the chances are of a DLR hotel discount in early December? I have come to terms with paying full price for The Grand, but a fall discount was just released, so......could a December discount be possible?

The discount you're referring to is the one that extends through late September, correct? I didn't know if Disney would offer any discounts this year, if they expected big crowds for the remainder of the year due to the 60th entertainment. Seeing the one that extends though late September is a good sign that they might release a fall discount that covers certain weeks in October, November and December. I think there is a good chance of it happening, though the actual dates that a fall discount covers would probably be more limited than in previous years. If a fall discount comes along, it will probably be announced or pop up somewhere in September, most likely after the other discount ends.

So while I love Holidaytime at DLR, I have never been in the month of December! Usually, I go in November between when Holidaytime starts and Thanksgiving week and it's always perfect. I'm going in September, but my mom who always comes, can't come with, so she's talking me into a December trip. If it was you (you being anyone who has experience with early December), when would you go for 4 days between 12/1-12/16? I'd like to avoid the processional and/or parade taping days, anything that would cause the attendance to go up. I usually like to group it with a weekend, two days before or after Saturday/Sunday. Thanks!

Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks will not happen this year, but there will probably be some snow on Main Street and elsewhere after Disneyland Forever fireworks.

There is some snow already in the Disneyland Forever fireworks during the Frozen segment, but I would not complain if they added more!

So while I love Holidaytime at DLR, I have never been in the month of December! Usually, I go in November between when Holidaytime starts and Thanksgiving week and it's always perfect. I'm going in September, but my mom who always comes, can't come with, so she's talking me into a December trip. If it was you (you being anyone who has experience with early December), when would you go for 4 days between 12/1-12/16? I'd like to avoid the processional and/or parade taping days, anything that would cause the attendance to go up. I usually like to group it with a weekend, two days before or after Saturday/Sunday. Thanks!

I think that, if you really want to avoid the Candlelight weekend (most probably, 12/5 and 12/6), your next weekend option would be the Raver Day weekend - https://www.facebook.com/events/1407419249587372/ -- and I don't know how substantially that event could affect crowds. It's kind of unknown to most people outside of the Rave community, I have to imagine, and I suspect that there are not thousands and thousands and thousands of Raver Day-specific attendees, so maybe it would not be too bad. Last year, the Candlelight weekend crowds were combined with the Raver Day crowds and pharmacists from a nearby convention. This year, there is no pharmacy convention and the Candlelight crowds and Raver Day crowds will arrive on separate weekends..

The days after Candlelight are pretty decent -- the crowds are not horrible, and sometimes even quite reasonable. You could do Candlelight weekend and then the Monday and Tuesday after it?

At this rate, we don't know if Disney will throw in any surprise events that cause the crowds to go up. So if your trip has to include a weekend, then you only have Candlelight weekend and Raver Day weekend to choose from. Otherwise, I would try to avoid those weekends and just try to go on the weekdays around them. I love early December, and the Candlelight weekend is busy, but it was not bad enough to scare me off. You could focus on DCA over the Candlelight weekend, and then head to DL when Candlelight is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter