Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
UGH!!!! So now they are filming the parade the same weekend hubby and I are there.
I knew we'd have to deal with crowds, but every new piece of information they release tells me we will be dealing with capacity-level crowds. Not thrilled.

Does anyone know what this schedule is? https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/calendar/
I find it when I do a Google search on 'disneyland november schedule'. It brings me to October and I select November from there, then you can go to individual days and it looks like a lot more detail than starting from the main disneyland.com page. I noticed it has a "ca" between .com and calendar in the url.

Going from that link, here is a link to the daily schedule for Nov 20 - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/calendar/daily/?m=11&d=20&y=2015 (but is it correct?).
I'm wondering if it's for another country with the ca in it? Sometimes I think Disney releases schedules to other countries on their Disney site before the U.S. Since they are traveling further. Not sure but maybe this is the case? Hoping they give us more like if there really is a castle lighting and which WOC is which SOON lol

UGH!!!! So now they are filming the parade the same weekend hubby and I are there.
I knew we'd have to deal with crowds, but every new piece of information they release tells me we will be dealing with capacity-level crowds. Not thrilled.
Yes!! Besides the 60th, holidays, sw early open (including the Jedi training), year plus long closures and permanent closures- now a taping on a weekend that starts the "prime" holiday time when people are out of school/work or leave a week early to go... Sigh I don't know if I'm a bit sad or scared of the crowds now haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!! Besides the 60th, holidays, sw early open (including the Jedi training), year plus long closures and permanent closures- now a taping on a weekend that starts the "prime" holiday time when people are out of school/work or leave a week early to go... Sigh I don't know if I'm a bit sad or scared of the crowds now haha

Yeah, I'm officially afraid.
It's been crazy busy every trip I've taken this year (I'm local) and while I expect crowds during the holidays, I'm just beside myself at this point.
The trip is paid for, so there's no cancelling now....we're just going to have to find some off-the-beaten path things to do and use every ounce of patience we have...

I don't know what Disney is thinking. I mean, I know they want bodies in the parks, it's how they make money...but scheduling SO many things all at once will lessen the experience for guests. What's the point? :(

Yea I am thinking this holiday season will be crazy!! I've been three times this year and this last time, September, was insane!!! Busiest time I've ever been!!!

I just booked the Holiday time at Disneyland Tour for Nov 13th (2pm). Never been at Disneyland for christmas, so figured this would be a great way to see it all. Who has been on this tour that would love to give me a little more information on it? What is the parade like? I am assuming it is a different parade than Paint the Night parade.

I just booked the Holiday time at Disneyland Tour for Nov 13th (2pm). Never been at Disneyland for christmas, so figured this would be a great way to see it all. Who has been on this tour that would love to give me a little more information on it? What is the parade like? I am assuming it is a different parade than Paint the Night parade.
I have never done the tour, but hope to in early Dec. Did they give you any additional information about it when you made the reservation?

I have never done the tour, but hope to in early Dec. Did they give you any additional information about it when you made the reservation?

Not really. I did get my DVC discount on it though, which is nice. The tour description is pretty good and I googled it to get some reviews from people. Price is $85/person instead of the $80 it says on the website though...I paid less though with the discount.

Peppermint seems to be a 'love it or hate' it thing. And some people mistake the green mint ice cream for being peppermint, but 'true' peppermint -- for the holidays, with the crushed up candy cane pieces -- should be pink and carry a strong-but-not-overwhelming candy cane flavor. The Slow Churned variety is a lighter color and the peppermint is too harsh against the bland flavor of the cream. Slow Churned doesn't work well with that flavor, I think.

I've had something Slow Churned in the past -- another flavor, and I don't remember what it was -- and I don't remember thinking it was bad. The Peppermint Wonderland, however... I might as well freeze my tube of Colgate and eat that!

Speaking of holiday snacks.... the 99 Cents Only store is a dangerous place. I went there for a couple of items just about an hour ago, and came home with 99 cent packages of Snickers Pumpkins and Goldfish Holiday Vanilla Cupcake Grahams with red and green sprinkles!! :lmao: It's that time! Lord only know what would happen if they ever did start selling the 'real' Peppermint Wonderland ice cream for 99 cents. I would probably walk out of there with more cartons than I or my freezer could handle!

I don't like mint or peppermint. I'm weird, I know. My best friend is nuts over mint anything of any kind, so I've heard it before. lol Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup is really good. So is...every flavor I've had, so maybe everything, but peppermint is good!

Oh man...You did not need to tell me those vanilla cupcake Goldfish are 99 cents! Those are dangerous.

My hubby and I did the tour we did a nice report ill try find it for you.

with the filming being so late I wonder if they will be having the Christmas parade only in the last two week?s

Does anyone know what this schedule is? https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/calendar/
I find it when I do a Google search on 'disneyland november schedule'. It brings me to October and I select November from there, then you can go to individual days and it looks like a lot more detail than starting from the main disneyland.com page. I noticed it has a "ca" between .com and calendar in the url.

Going from that link, here is a link to the daily schedule for Nov 20 - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ca/calendar/daily/?m=11&d=20&y=2015 (but is it correct?).

I'm wondering if it's for another country with the ca in it? Sometimes I think Disney releases schedules to other countries on their Disney site before the U.S. Since they are traveling further. Not sure but maybe this is the case? Hoping they give us more like if there really is a castle lighting and which WOC is which SOON lol

That would most likely be the Canadian site.

My hubby and I did the tour we did a nice report ill try find it for you.

with the filming being so late I wonder if they will be having the Christmas parade only in the last two week?s

According to the schedule there is a parade at 4:30...would love to see your review.

Thanks so much

Your Welcome! Glad we could help. It should be noted that Im not sure how the parade seating will work, as we took the latest Tour we could so we could get night shots of the parade. But since Paint the Night will be happening I guess its up in the air how the CHristmas Parade will work.

Your Welcome! Glad we could help. It should be noted that Im not sure how the parade seating will work, as we took the latest Tour we could so we could get night shots of the parade. But since Paint the Night will be happening I guess its up in the air how the CHristmas Parade will work.

we're hoping to do the tour new years week. wonder how the parade seating works if you take the early tour?

what time did you call to make your reservation? seen conflicting reports about what time the 30-days out tours are released for reservation each day

we're hoping to do the tour new years week. wonder how the parade seating works if you take the early tour?

what time did you call to make your reservation? seen conflicting reports about what time the 30-days out tours are released for reservation each day

I called yesterday in the afternoon to book for Nov 13th. We picked the 2pm tour because we are volunteering at 3am for the Marathon (5K), so we probably will need a nap before heading into the park :)

Jade did the Avengers 500 k the day after we took the tour. The kiddo and I went back to starbucks in Downtown Disney after we dropped her off at the holding area.

Im not sure when Jade made the reservations for our tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it exactly 30 days out when it opened. 5 k hubs not 500 k Id die with 500 k LOL good luck on the 5 k. Remember take time for some of the chrs but chose carefully. Black widow was my 1 must do so I waited too see her but cap and thor can be seen in the park on park days. So did not need to. By time got to them they had closed off the line any ways. I was in the back of the pack because I chose to see Black widow but I didn't care. I also saw mad hatter and Alice. Oh remember if you collect pins and pin trade bring one or two with you. I saw one guy had a pin I wanted so bad but had none to trade. Bring a phone for pictures. Don't forget you can buy the cd from the 5k ppl. The cd can be bought for up to two years after. I just bought mine.

So this was just posted on Inside The Magic. Not sure how true it is, but seems weird they would film the parade in DL in December when it is much busier than the first weekend in November!

"This year, the name has changed once again. The “Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration” is set to be filmed at the Magic Kingdom for four days, Nov. 10-13, 2015. Disneyland will be filming Dec. 11-13, marking the first big change in years for the filming dates, which have usually been the other way around.

Tickets to be part of the audience will be available to Cast Members starting on Oct. 21. Tickets will not be available to guests, but guests are encouraged to come on the days of filming to be part of the audience as long as space is available.

Filming is scheduled to happen on Main Street USA and the Castle Stage during the dates. No word on which areas will be filmed on specific dates."

Inside the Magic isn't even exactly right about when DLR normally films. DLR normally films before Veterans Day on the first weekend in Nov., but maybe they were just trying to say that DLR usually films in November.

In any case, the only reason I can think of for this sort of delay in filming - which never happens - is that something out of ordinary is going to be happening in DLR at that point, that wouldn't be happening on the usual pre-Veterans Day weekend, and ABC wants to capture it. Season of the Force, perhaps? Maybe they want to get some footage of it for the show? Maybe Disney is going to surprise us with something else?

By the way, it is worth mentioning that this year's Winter RaverDay takes place on the weekend of 12/12 and 12/13 - https://www.facebook.com/events/1407419249587372/. People may recall that when RaverDay coincided with Candlelight weekend and the influx of guests from the nearby pharmacy convention last year, Disneyland was insanely busy. I suspect that the RaverDay folks probably wanted to avoid those crowds and moved their event to 12/12 -12/14 this year.

It looks like "Mele Kalikimaka Day 2015" is taking place on December 13th as well - http://unofficialparkdays.com/event/mele-kalikimaka-day-2015/?instance_id=207.

So, why do I have a feeling that that specific December weekend is now destined to be a madhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter