• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am doing the Holiday Tour in a couple of weeks (the later one) so presumably we will see the later Christmas parade. Any thoughts on whether that would put us in a good position for the early fireworks show (whatever time that might be at???)

How did you like the welcome to disneyland tour?
It was also good, but very different from the walk in Walts footsteps tour.

In the welcome tour, you don't get the audio equiptment, so you just have to get close to your guide. She took us through California Adventure first and basically just shows you the lands. We rode Ariel and then got fast passes for WOC. Then we took a short bathroom break and headed back to Disneyland. There she again showed us the lands. We rode the train and Pirates. Then she brought us back to the front and we got our pins. This tour did include priority seating for either Mickey and the Magical Map or Aladdin. We went with Aladdin and got to have our choice of seat (basically they just let you in first). They'll also make dining reservations for you if you want, but we already had some. We only spent $20 each for the tour (AP holders), so I'd say it was at least worth that due to the priority seating, pin, and fast passes.

If you're looking for disneyland history, I strongly recommend Walk in Walts Footsteps. It was great!

Will it be dark when the Christmas Fantasy Parade ends if it starts at 4:30 on December 6th?
We watched the 4:30 parade yesterday. We watched from town hall area, so the parade was still going on when it ended for us, but it finished going by us at 5 and it was not yet dark, but definitely getting there. I'd say it was dark by 5:20ish

Last edited by a moderator:

I so wish they had a Christmas party here at DL like they do at MK. It is very rare that I get to go on the Holidays to DL.

Is it true that Jack is appearing as Sandy Claws for meets and greets? I would DIE if it were true, but I won't be able to sleep until I know!
Also, has anyone seen the Zero popcorn boxes still? I will be there Saturday and will be looking for that first thing! I would also like a balloon bucket, but understand that is unlikely.
But, please, someone let me know about Sandy Claws!

Is it true that Jack is appearing as Sandy Claws for meets and greets? I would DIE if it were true, but I won't be able to sleep until I know!
Also, has anyone seen the Zero popcorn boxes still? I will be there Saturday and will be looking for that first thing! I would also like a balloon bucket, but understand that is unlikely.
That would be really cool! Now I'm wondering too!

No idea about Sandy Claws, but the Zero popcorn boxes were still being sold yesterday when I was there.

Last year he did not. He was just out in this standard outfit. If you want to see Jack as Sandy Claws, you need to come to Disneyland Paris. This was one of the highlights of my recent trip to Disneyland Paris.

Corinna

Last year he did not. He was just out in this standard outfit. If you want to see Jack as Sandy Claws, you need to come to Disneyland Paris. This was one of the highlights of my recent trip to Disneyland Paris.

He's also at the MVMCP at WDW.

I so wish they had a Christmas party here at DL like they do at MK. It is very rare that I get to go on the Holidays to DL.

I don't think you'll get a lot of agreement here because it would most likely mean that the Christmas parade and fireworks would be made party-exclusive events like they are at WDW, and most DL regulars would not be happy about paying extra to see something that they've been able to see for free for years (well, free with regular park admission).

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there the weekend before Thanksgiving and Jack was not appearing as Sandy Claws. They have a really nice indoor meet and greet area for him and Sally now, it's the walkway between Pieces of Eight and the Haunted Mansion shop (I can't remember the name of it). The area is decorated with pumpkins and bows, really nice set-up.

I have 2 questions but I didnt want to make a thread
Does anyone know if Haunted Mansion holiday is currently using Fastpass?
Is the Royal Theatre currently just showing the Frozen show?

I have 2 questions but I didnt want to make a thread
Does anyone know if Haunted Mansion holiday is currently using Fastpass?
Is the Royal Theatre currently just showing the Frozen show?
Yes, haunted mansion is using fastpass. At least they were earlier this week.

Not sure about the royal theater, but I think so.

Not sure if it changes over time, but Royal Theater had just stopped using FP when we were there the end of October.

Has anybody tried to get the fresh candy canes yet? Do they start handing out wristbands during extra magic hours? Or allow you to line up during the extra hour?

A couple of hours ago I called and booked the Holiday Time tour for my cousin and I for the 31st! :tigger: It's going to by my first time there for the New Years and I'm getting excited!!! There were a few spots for both 10am and 12:45 when I called. They only mentioned those two times and it seems like some were saying they added 2 more tours?

Hey, I'm going to put this out there again...has anybody heard from Sherry E, either on the Disboards or IRL? She hasn't posted since November 19th...totLly unlike her. Just worried and hope she is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter