• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh my 3rd edit, I'm having issues on my iPhone lol!... Any update on the beignet situation at Cafe Orleans? Are they selling both candy cane and regular? Any one tried the candy cane? I tried searching the thread for info but didn't see much. I'm devastated there aren't gingerbread ones this year!

Here is the Disney Parks Blog link that will tell you The Complete Guide to Specialty Food and Beverage Offerings for Merriest Place on Earth at Disneyland Resort

When I went last weekend, the Mint Julep Bar were selling the Candy Cane Beignets. It says on the Mint Julep Bar menu on the DL website Mint Julep Bar that they are selling both the Candy Cane and the regular beignets.

Here is the Disney Parks Blog link that will tell you The Complete Guide to Specialty Food and Beverage Offerings for Merriest Place on Earth at Disneyland Resort

When I went last weekend, the Mint Julep Bar were selling the Candy Cane Beignets. It says on the Mint Julep Bar menu on the DL website Mint Julep Bar that they are selling both the Candy Cane and the regular beignets.
Mint Julep Bar, that's the info I was looking for! Picturing that in my mind, I don't know why I wrote Cafe Orleans!

We arrived yesterday and are having a great time. Only went into the parks for a little bit yesterday and started our morning at Disneyland today. EMH/MM was empty today! We didn't get to the gates until 6:40am and were still first at a gate. Walked with purpose to PP, where we were the first family of the day! Even when we got off, it was only a 15 min wait. Walked on Mr. Toad's, Pinocchio (×2), Dumbo, Alice, Storybook Canal and Matterhorn. At this point it was 7:45 and I figured Tomorrowland had to be a mad house, but when I checked the Disneyland app, it showed a 15 min wait for HSM. Turns out the 15 mins was just the walk to get on because we walked straight on. When we got off, the wait was posted at 60 mins, as regular park openon had happened. Bought our tie fighter popcorn bucket, then went on ST (15 mins) and Buzz (walk on) before checking in for our Discover the Magic Tour. Will write more about that later, but it was great and helped beat the crowds, which are out now! Back at the hotel (PPH) now - 2 bedroom suite, theme park view and absolutely perfect! I love it.

I will try to post updates through out the week and will do a general review when I get home.

PPH Tree
20151121_101121.jpg

20151121_200259.jpg

We just got back from our first holiday trip to DLR. It is beautiful!! The only holiday thing we totally missed that I'm sad about is Viva Navidad. We didn't spend as much time in DCA as we were planning to (various things happening to cause that), and we just didn't make it back there. But the Christmas Fantasy parade,all the overlays, the musical performances that happen throughout the parks...just awesome!

Is there some kind of race or morning event happening in Disneyland park on Sunday December 6th (other than the CP in the evening)? I recall reading something somewhere, but don't really remember what it was I saw or where I found it. Thanks for any help you can provide! I'm still trying to decide if we want to go to DL (nice long hours!) or CA on that day, or the next (we have 2 full park days, no hoppers, Sun Dec 6 and Mon Dec 7).

I need to not look at the weather forecast for a few weeks from now. The only days it shows rain for like the whole month are the 4 days I am there. Hope that changes, as I am not one who likes rain while I am there- especially every day. Fingers crossed.

its changed was rain sat now shows rain for wed when we are there. I wouldn't mind sat having rain since its a 9 crowd day maybe it would help clear some of the park LOL

its changed was rain sat now shows rain for wed when we are there. I wouldn't mind sat having rain since its a 9 crowd day maybe it would help clear some of the park LOL
yeah, mine shows rain wed, thurs, fri and sat when I am there. One day -okay- maybe less crowds. but not all 4. I want to see the parades, fireworks, go to Thunder Ranch BBQ and various rides which won't work with rain. It is still 16 days out, so I know weather forecast can certainly change.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain forecast for 16 days out. A lot can change before then. I'm okay with a little bit of rain, maybe it will keep the locals home. I hope that it doesn't dump rain like it did when we were there in December last year. Fingers crossed.

Ugh my 3rd edit, I'm having issues on my iPhone lol!... Any update on the beignet situation at Cafe Orleans? Are they selling both candy cane and regular? Any one tried the candy cane? I tried searching the thread for info but didn't see much. I'm devastated there aren't gingerbread ones this year!

At Cafe Orleans, they had all 3 kinds. I don't know how long that will last, but that was the case on Saturday.

Holy hot weather! Singing Christmas carols in 90 degree weather...welcome to California!

Is anyone at the Grand this week? Is it decorated? Is the tree up? How about the special hot cocoa and treats bar they set up in the lobby. Is it up? I'll be so sad if the Grand isn't already in its full Christmas glory when we are there this Sunday.
You know the answer by now . . . we were there Nov 17-22 and it was decorated with the treats bar. Gingerbread house was up and getting more decorated as the week went on. So I think the answer was a definite yes! :goodvibes

We went for a quick one day trip on Sunday, Nov. 22. We were torn to park hop or not and decided not to with the intention of adding a hopper if crowds got insane. Crowds were very manageable! We were pleased.

My boys are 7 & 6 and got up super early because they were excited, so we got to the DL at 7:45 and took our spot in front of the entrance to Tomorrowland waiting for rope drop. We had a strategy and it worked perfect! Strategy was I was going to go ahead and pull FP for Hyperspace Mountain, DH and boys were going to stand by line for Space Mountain, I would meet them in line. Crowd control was super organized and there wasn't any chaos that I saw. Walked right up to get a FP, as soon as I was done saw my family and was able to easily meet them in the stand by line. Basically walked onto Hyperspace Mountain (less than a 5 min wait). LOVED IT! Our FP was for 8:55. Then we headed to Star Tours stand by line, waited maybe ten minutes, if that. LOVED that as well! Was able to pull a FP for Star Tours, then headed back to Hyperspace Mountain for our FP. Took a break after that and then rode Star Tours again. Was able to pull one more FP for Hyperspace Mountain for 6pm. We were really happy with being able to ride Hyperspace Mountain 3 times in a day and Star Tours twice with minimal waits.

I was totally impressed with the crowd control throughout the day, especially in the morning at rope drop and in the evening with the fireworks. It was really well organized and I never felt trapped. Lots of CM's directing people.

We also got to mark off two other large items off our to do list: Santa and Darth Vader. Santa in Critter Country was FANTASTIC! This was the first year my 6 year old would even approach Santa, and he LOVED him! First, the line was not long at all. The line had the cutest decorations too. The CM's were fantastic! And Santa spent a lot of time with my boys and really made them feel comfortable and special. He even knew what they were asking for (video game stuff) and it was very magical. We got a lot of photopass photos and also the CM giving out Candy Canes was sweet enough to take some family photos of us with my camera as well.

We also did the Visa meet n greet with Darth Vader. We just got our Visa in September, so this was new to us. The line was super short, we waited 20 min at the most. We got there a little after 4pm. Vader was AWESOME! He even talks to you (although I thought his voice was a little quiet to hear-but maybe he was scaring kids with it louder?) and my kids were in awe. We also got some family photos there along with a free voucher for a 5x7. Photo turned out great!

We also made sure to ride the DL Railroad and let the boys play on Tom Sawyer Island. Only bummer was they closed It's a Small world between the two sets of fireworks and my youngest couldn't stay up late enough to ride it. We should have probably done that earlier in the day. Lesson learned!

Great trip overall! We had a blast =)

Would Haunted Mansion be listed under "Closed for Refurbishment" if it was closing on the 7th (the day after the holiday season ends)? Does this mean it will be open on the 7th and possibly the rest of the week? The site just has Soarin' listed as being closed.

5yPrFZM.png

A very obscure Season of the Force item ... if you take the "Holiday Time at Disneyland" tour, at one of the stops they play an audio clip of Princess Leia's "Life Day" speech from the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special. Given how hard George Lucas has tried to use his Jedi powers make everyone forget that the show even existed, I was quite amazed that it was included - I think it now may be the only live-action portion of the special to have had any kind of "official" release, ephemeral as it may be...

Question for you experts....our 30 day mark to book the holidaytime tour is on Monday. We live in the central time zone, what time should we call to book the tour? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter