Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
42242070068 (1280x853).jpg 51987960035 (1280x853).jpg DSC02507 (1280x853).jpg DSC02674 (853x1280).jpg DSC02980 (853x1280).jpg DSC03316 (1280x853).jpg DSC03476 (1280x853).jpg DSC03478 (1280x1038).jpg IMG_3249 (1280x853).jpg IMG_3270 (1280x853) (1280x853).jpg Seeing the first daily schedules being posted for the holiday season, I'm getting so excited. Only a few more days and I can start booking dining reservations.

Photo0048FourBySix_zpsdif4qdmj.jpg

The above pic was taken a day before the wind blew that tree down apparently.
Photo0003FourBySix_zpsbynvjbh8.jpg

Photo0011FourBySix_zpsc6odynq3.jpg

I think that the times may differ slightly each year -- and in the past it seemed like some days had more tours than other days, but then it seemed like the number of tours per day had been cut back. So I'm not sure what will happen this year -- when we get to approximately 10/13/15, we will hopefully know more.

There should be at least 2 tours per day, and the last one will probably begin at 2:30 or 3 p.m.-ish. I think that one of the tours may begin in the 11:00 a.m. hour. If A Christmas Fantasy Parade is only running once in the daytime, then I don't know how the tours would work. I tend to think there might be 2 ACFP presentations in the daytime, and then Paint the Night at least once at night. I think there would more likely be two ACFP presentations than only one tour.

In the past I think there was a Christmas parade in the 2 p.m. hour, and then another one at night, before the fireworks. This year I don't think there would be a nighttime Christmas parade -- probably just Paint the Night running in the 8 p.m. hour or 9 p.m. hour, most likely.

Of course, this is all just speculating and guessing, but, really, this is a weird year with a lot of things going on and the schedule could be kooky. At this rate we don't even know if the DLR website is correct about the Winter Castle Enchantment Lighting, or if that was a bit of info held over from 2014!

What has the approximate cost per person been for the tours?

I just booked a Blue Bayou Fantasmic! dinner package for 12/6 at 4:50. Now I'm wondering if I should change it an earlier time to ensure a waterside table. There was an option for 4:20. What do you think, will it make much difference? :) Always second guessing!

So I just went to check park hours for 11/15-11/18 and for DL, all entertainment (parades, fireworks) are not showing...instead it says the info is unavailable....

So... how bad are the crowds 3rd week in Dec? I'm looking at changing my dates from 5-11 to 12-19. I see the hours are longer which usually means higher crowds. Is it horribly crowded? I should add that we normally go during low season (last 2 trips were beginning of Feb and mid May). We went over Gay Days in 2012 and that was pretty crowded.

Really? Gay days 2012 we were there too I didn't see it to crowded lol guess it all depends. I've heard first few weeks in dec would be good well as good as you can hope but the 17th or something is when some schools start having off.

Really? Gay days 2012 we were there too I didn't see it to crowded lol guess it all depends. I've heard first few weeks in dec would be good well as good as you can hope but the 17th or something is when some schools start having off.
It was probably more that I was pregnant and hot :D Hubs REALLY dislikes crowds though.

I had to run into Target today and they have the Winter Wonderland ice cream, both slow churned and regular! Of course I was on my way to soccer and couldn't buy it, but I will be back on Friday for it!

I also so Pumpkin Spice and Candy Corn Hostess Cupcakes - bought the candy corn one and it was a disappointment. Much like the seasonal cotton candy at DL, it was for looks only! I think the pumpkin one was actually flavored though.

Hi Lvdis-I did call this morning and I booked the 6:15 dinner F package for 12/6. I wanted something later, closer to 7, but the CM said she only had 6:50 and that would automatically put me for the second show. I found out on the main thread that that is the official rule but you can ask nicely at check in for the first show. I might still try to book that 6:50 just because the timing works so much better for us. I don't know!

I will also wait a few days and see if they do any mid week F! shows. 12/6 is our arrival date and I'd prefer to do less (not more) that day. I really would like to cram in that candlelight processional, even if we cant stay for the whole thing.....

Is there one post that has a list of the basic dates & details that are known for this year? Awhile ago I skimmed 20 pages of 2015 comments but many more pages have posted since then. I can't keep up! I know some questions get asked over and over so I'm trying to avoid that. At this point I'm not really sure what questions to ask anyway. We'll be there the week before Thanksgiving.

Is there one post that has a list of the basic dates & details that are known for this year? Awhile ago I skimmed 20 pages of 2015 comments but many more pages have posted since then. I can't keep up! I know some questions get asked over and over so I'm trying to avoid that. At this point I'm not really sure what questions to ask anyway. We'll be there the week before Thanksgiving.

You want to look at the very first page, Sherry keeps that page updated as info is released. The Season starts 11/13, you can find historical park hours from the past few years on the 1st page of this thread (she has links to the info)

I had to run into Target today and they have the Winter Wonderland ice cream, both slow churned and regular! Of course I was on my way to soccer and couldn't buy it, but I will be back on Friday for it!

I also so Pumpkin Spice and Candy Corn Hostess Cupcakes - bought the candy corn one and it was a disappointment. Much like the seasonal cotton candy at DL, it was for looks only! I think the pumpkin one was actually flavored though.

The Pumpkin Spice ones do taste like pumpkin.

Picked up my first bottle of Cranberry Splash for the season.

I think I've had it for a couple weeks now. :D

You want to look at the very first page, Sherry keeps that page updated as info is released. The Season starts 11/13, you can find historical park hours from the past few years on the 1st page of this thread (she has links to the info)

I have looked at the first page a couple times and can see that the season starts on 11/13. The rest looks like last year info. Am I missing something?

I have looked at the first page a couple times and can see that the season starts on 11/13. The rest looks like last year info. Am I missing something?

What specific info are you looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter