Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of suggesting to my husband that we go to Disneyland and California Adventure for a couple days for our fourth wedding anniversary.

Our anniversary is on November 30, so this year, that will be on a Sunday. And also going on Monday, December 1. I'm a little worried that November 30 might still be quite crowded, as that is still apart of the Thanksgiving weekend. Does anything think this date is a bad idea? It's just that that is our actually anniversary date.

This will be the first time in a very long time that I will be going to Disneyland during the Christmas season. Last time I did that, my mom took me when I was a child, I believe even under the age of 7, so I don't remember much, and I know a lot has changed since that time anyways. :p

I know two days is not much time to see everything there, but we done and seen a lot at Disneyland and California Adventure in the last couple years. I basically plan to go this time to soak up and enjoy the scenery and atmosphere of all the Christmas decorations, and watch all the Christmas themed shows. So far that I know of, there is a Christmas themed parade, fireworks, and World of Color show? Is there anything I am missing? Of course we will ride some rides, but it wont be the main part of the trip for us. I also want to try some Disneyland food I heard people talk about a lot. Since we don't normally get to go to Disneyland very often (once a year or once every other year) I don't normally think about what food to try. But now I am going to plan it out before we go and try some new things. Doesn't have to be Christmas themed food either.

I love this week's theme. I was hoping for a HM week. It's my favorite attraction especially with the holiday theme... I'll post some pictures tomorrow :santa:
From the pictures already posted I think we are in for a threat this week. They are amazing!

I am thinking of suggesting to my husband that we go to Disneyland and California Adventure for a couple days for our fourth wedding anniversary.

Our anniversary is on November 30, so this year, that will be on a Sunday. And also going on Monday, December 1. I'm a little worried that November 30 might still be quite crowded, as that is still apart of the Thanksgiving weekend. Does anything think this date is a bad idea? It's just that that is our actually anniversary date.

This will be the first time in a very long time that I will be going to Disneyland during the Christmas season. Last time I did that, my mom took me when I was a child, I believe even under the age of 7, so I don't remember much, and I know a lot has changed since that time anyways. :p

I know two days is not much time to see everything there, but we done and seen a lot at Disneyland and California Adventure in the last couple years. I basically plan to go this time to soak up and enjoy the scenery and atmosphere of all the Christmas decorations, and watch all the Christmas themed shows. So far that I know of, there is a Christmas themed parade, fireworks, and World of Color show? Is there anything I am missing? Of course we will ride some rides, but it wont be the main part of the trip for us. I also want to try some Disneyland food I heard people talk about a lot. Since we don't normally get to go to Disneyland very often (once a year or once every other year) I don't normally think about what food to try. But now I am going to plan it out before we go and try some new things. Doesn't have to be Christmas themed food either.

We will also be there on November 30th. Traditionally that Sun-Thurs are great days to be in the park. It should not be too bad on Sunday. Don't forget to go see Small World all lit up at night with the lights and the special decorations! And there are just amazing Christmas touches throughout the park as you will see on this thread :)

Lori I really can't believe you don't like the theme for NBC. I guess everyone doesn't love it like I do.

I have to say that I do love it better than the original HM as well. Maybe because we only get it in small doses but I love the movie and I love everything about the overlay. With that said though I love the overlay for IASM as well. I hope I don't get flamed for this admitting this one either but I think the HM at WDW is much better than the regular version of HM at DL. I think only HM and Splash Mtn for me are better at WDW than DL but the NBC overlay of HM beats the HM at WDW. Wow that's alot of acronyms. I hope to post some shots tomorrow. Loving everyone's entries thus far!

Mike: I am not a fan of Halloween period!
I actually like the NBC better that the original HM... either way, not my Fave ride!:eek:

--Lori

This is another area I love during the Holidays. I have to say that I don't like the mask hanging at the entrance to NOS I really miss the old wreath design.

Sally Loved my Moms "Pumpkin sunglasses".

November 2005 . . . funny, most of these my son took when he was only 11. Now he's 20 and a junior in college! Where does the time go?:confused3 I'm so excited he'll be able to join us for part of our Halloween trip coming up in 46 days!:cool1:

And here is one of my son, then 11 (and yes, he covered his entire baseball cap with duct tape!), our friend who went on the trip with us, and my daughter who is now 13, then 4 on Haunted Mansion Holiday! :goodvibes

yay! I can share again :)

I enjoyed NBC when it first came out, but then didn't watch it again for YEARS until preparing my kids for our trip to DLR in 2011 (didn't want them to be scared). LOVED it! (And so did my kids.) Now I'm a huge Jack fan :love:

Haunted Mansion has always been a fave of mine, and I wasn't sure what I'd think with the NBC overlay. Honestly, I don't know which I enjoy more!

can I just add how happy I was when I discovered I'd taken a picture of the gingerbread house! :banana:

And now for NOS...

1003_zpsef804402.jpg

087.jpg

160.jpg

229.jpg

073.jpg

073.jpg

251.jpg

1146_zpsa4b31bac.jpg

1060.jpg

183.jpg

560_zps5443d620.jpg

275.jpg

1126_zpse2c8304f.jpg

142.jpg

51_zps8e38869f.jpg

602_zpsf792a050.jpg

Miceage "rumor" update:

The plan to install Frozen into HollywoodLand that we told you about in the last Miceage Update has been expanded further. Now the Frozen fun will also be taking over the Disney Animation attraction across Hollywood Blvd. The Fastpass-only character meet n’ greet will move into the Turtle Talk lobby, the Animation Academy will be drawing Frozen characters almost exclusively, and the video clips playing in the lobby will be cycling through lots of Frozen material. A brand new musical stage show will be installed in MuppetVision, and Frozen-themed ice skating will go into Stage 17. DCA’s HollywoodLand will become FrozenLand this holiday season.

http://http://micechat.com/79778-dca-gets-frozen-winter/

Miceage "rumor" update:

The plan to install Frozen into HollywoodLand that we told you about in the last Miceage Update has been expanded further. Now the Frozen fun will also be taking over the Disney Animation attraction across Hollywood Blvd. The Fastpass-only character meet n’ greet will move into the Turtle Talk lobby, the Animation Academy will be drawing Frozen characters almost exclusively, and the video clips playing in the lobby will be cycling through lots of Frozen material. A brand new musical stage show will be installed in MuppetVision, and Frozen-themed ice skating will go into Stage 17. DCA’s HollywoodLand will become FrozenLand this holiday season.

http://http://micechat.com/79778-dca-gets-frozen-winter/

I'm interested in this. But honestly, it all seems like a lot of fuss without a whole lot of "new". If they do a sing along, that would be great because it's new. But they've had a meet and greet in DL for a while. And they had an ice rink last year. I want NEW!

I'm interested in this. But honestly, it all seems like a lot of fuss without a whole lot of "new". If they do a sing along, that would be great because it's new. But they've had a meet and greet in DL for a while. And they had an ice rink last year. I want NEW!

I know what you mean!

I would just like to know when this all starts (if this rumor is true). My DD loves to draw and we were really looking forward to the Animation Academy and we are also big fans of the Muppets and never miss their show. I hope these things are up and running when we are there but I am worried that the AA and Muppets will be closed as they transition over to Frozenland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter