• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3!- HOLIDAYS BEGIN 11/12/13!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bret - thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question(s). Think we'll spend our late nights hopping back over to DL or riding ToT in DCA. Have a great evening!:santa:

Bret - thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question(s). Think we'll spend our late nights hopping back over to DL or riding ToT in DCA. Have a great evening!:santa:

Your welcome and it is my pleasure. Hope you have a great time when you go to the DLR during the Holiday season. You have a great evening as well. :santa:

Here is a picture of IASWH during the new IASW Holiday Clock show while we are waiting to get on IASWH.
11201243104_3b37543e7a_b.jpg

Sherry, I've got my fingers crossed for Saturday that the rain holds out, and they don't cancel the CP. I am really looking forward to seeing it. The stage looks beautiful as usual. Let's hope we both get good spots.

It is downright chilly at night. I am on my way to get some gloves before I head back to the park. Also, if anyone is looking for CP merchandise you are going to be disappointed. When I checked today, I was told by CM's at all the Main Street shops there is not going to be any t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. this year for the CP.:sad: I was also told there might be a pin. I sure hope so.

There is a pin that was supposed to go on sale today, here is the link.
http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/p...ey-and-minnie-mouse-candlelight-processional/

We went on our Holiday Tour today. I loved it, but I can see that if the parade was canceled, you would feel like you lost a lot of what you paid for. The seats for that parade were the bomb! My three year old was in heaven.

We did get the Jingle Cruise thrown in, but it is so busy right now that we waited 20 minutes even with the "front of the line" access. That threw the whole rest of the tour off, making us late to the end. Our tour guide was going to push us through ob IASW, but our group very quickly voted en masse to sit for the parade and do IASW after, so that everyone could relax and enjoy the hot cocoa and cookie.

Sherry, our tour guide confirmed that Blair Underwood and Kurt Russell were the narrators for CP. He said them in that order, which I thought was good news for your purposes. :)

All in all, I really enjoyed it.

There is a pin that was supposed to go on sale today, here is the link.
http://disneyparksmerchandise.com/p...ey-and-minnie-mouse-candlelight-processional/

Would you believe it? While at the World of Disney store, the lady got the pin out for me to hold until I got to the register. The line was so long, by the time I got to the register I forgot.:rotfl: Oh well, I will go back and get it tomorrow. They also had the nutcracker Mickey, Tigger, and a couple other pins. I forgot those also.

We're in DLR right now waiting in line at city hall for our Fantasmic tickets. Lots to tell bit havin trouble with wi-Fi :(. I need to get a hold of janet ASAP so sherry, can you text me her phone number?

Would you believe it? While at the World of Disney store, the lady got the pin out for me to hold until I got to the register. The line was so long, by the time I got to the register I forgot.:rotfl: Oh well, I will go back and get it tomorrow. They also had the nutcracker Mickey, Tigger, and a couple other pins. I forgot those also.

Mickey & Tigger Nutcracker dolls or pins?

Ordered my Photopass plus a couple days ago! Super excited to be getting closer to the trip.

It is absolutely freezing here (-40) right now. So I am sure whatever the weather is like will feel like a tropical vacation to us :) Looking forward to our first Christmas in a warm climate!

Working out the details for telling our kids. I think we will do it 5 days in advance. That is plenty of countdown time for them!

How busy are the parks right now? I've heard reports of record crowds for December, a normally pretty mellow time to visit. We're headed there on Tuesday!

Attention Safeway/Von's shoppers.....Dreyers ice cream is part of the $5 Friday deal today. 2 for $5! :yay: I ALMOST bought another Peppermint, but I haven't finished the last one! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

While Sunday, December 8th's temperatures are due to be a couple of degrees cooler than Monday's temperatures in the daytime, it's the nighttime that Monday seems to have a grip on.

Sunday, 12/8's nighttime temperature is scheduled to be 37 degrees with a "RealFeel" temp of 30 degrees. (Yes, it dropped to 30 degrees since yesterday's prediction of a 31 degree RealFeel.)

Monday, 12/9, has a nighttime temp of 37 degrees....

...With a RealFeel temp of....

27 DEGREES!

Yes, that's right. A RealFeel temperature of 27 degrees on the night of Monday, 12/9!!!!!

:cool1::banana::dance3:

Now don't get me wrong -- I haven't been feeling too well so I will be bundled up in mittens and scarves and coats, just to be on the safe side (I have a history of respiratory problems that are sometimes long-lasting), but I love that there will be something vaguely resembling Winter temperatures for So Cal for at least a few nights! It makes it feel very holiday-ish.

It should not be 80 degrees in the daytime and 60 degrees at night in December, anywhere! It's December, for crying out loud! I don't want to drink hot cocoa when it's a 75-degree day. Where is the fun in that? At least now it's actually hot cocoa weather!

Just as PHXscuba said, as long as I am prepared for it I don't mind the cold. I actually love bundling up. I can tough out some RealFeels of 27 or 30 degrees.

However, I really feel bad for the homeless folks and stray animals who can't find good shelter or anything warm to eat, drink or wear, because they are suffering.:(

How busy are the parks right now? I've heard reports of record crowds for December, a normally pretty mellow time to visit. We're headed there on Tuesday!

We are here now and it has been very crowded. Much more than I expected! I am not sure what normal crowds are like this week though. Sunday morning was quiet- and the rest of the week has been busy.

We are here now and it has been very crowded. Much more than I expected! I am not sure what normal crowds are like this week though. Sunday morning was quiet- and the rest of the week has been busy.

In the last month or so I started to have a feeling that it was going to end up being more crowded both this week and next week this year, only because word has spread around that early December is a good time to go. The first 2 weeks of December have typically been better in the past (better than the second half of December), but once enough folks ask about when the best time to go during the holiday season is and the answer is "the first two weeks of December," it catches on and spreads around on various sites. So it's a rebound effect of "crowds causing crowds while trying to avoid crowds."

I'll be able to make a direct comparison when I get there, to determine if it seems more crowded than my previous early December trips. It may not seem any different to me, or it may seem much busier. Whatever the case, I'll be there and I'll deal with it.

Hi-what site do you all use to check the weather? We are a week out and I'm getting a 74% chance of rain on Friday 12/13 from accuweather and a 20% chance of rain from Weather.com. :confused3

Also, another question about rain! Love the rain because the parks empty out. I've been in the rain lots of times in the parks as an adult, but never with the kiddos. DS5 & DS4. I already plan on buying them ponchos. I've tried looking online at Target and Walmart for rain boots (so I can quickly run out the night before if it looks like rain). But, neither store is showing they carry any rain boots! So, are there any other stores nearby that carry rain boots? Any other tips/tricks to deal with the rain and little ones? TIA!

Now don't get me wrong -- I haven't been feeling too well so I will be bundled up in mittens and scarves and coats, just to be on the safe side (I have a history of respiratory problems that are sometimes long-lasting), but I love that there will be something vaguely resembling Winter temperatures for So Cal for at least a few nights! It makes it feel very holiday-ish.

I'm actually JUST getting over a cold so I am going to the store to buy extra scarves,mittens and winter hats. We are there for a week and I don't plan on being miserable lol. I also love the cold weather in December because as you said it makes it FEEL Holiday-ish. So many times I couldn't bundle up or get hot chocolate because it was too warm..so this is a welcome change!

It should not be 80 degrees in the daytime and 60 degrees at night in December, anywhere! It's December, for crying out loud! I don't want to drink hot cocoa when it's a 75-degree day. Where is the fun in that? At least now it's actually hot cocoa weather!

Can't agree with this more :)

However, I really feel bad for the homeless folks and stray animals who can't find good shelter or anything warm to eat, drink or wear, because they are suffering.:(

It's always hard facing the harsh reality of this. Actually one of my cats who is now going on 6 years old , had followed me home literally at an apartment complex I lived in at eastern Washington. It was the coldest winter , at temps dipping at -10 to -15 degrees. I couldn't let her stay out there..and she has melted my heart ever since. Of course I hope all those human and animal alike are able to find some shelter and kindness among this bitter cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter