• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3!- HOLIDAYS BEGIN 11/12/13!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all.
I just posted a holiday related mini-tr titled
"we survived Thanksgiving week ... and you can too"

I thought some ppl here might be interested in the content, but I didn't know the protocol about posting the same information twice.

bottom line - even when it is crazy crowded, it is manageable!
happy to answer any questions.

thanks for all the planning help you guys!!
It really paid off for us.

Sue -

mamaburrito --

:woohoo: I think those things are totally doable.

A carrot museum??:confused3:rotfl2: Is there an actual carrot museum? I know there is a Bunny Museum, but I've never heard of a museum devoted to all things carrots!

No clue! I just made it up something that would sound completely boring to a 5 year old boy. Any wild guesses on how the crowds might be on Dec. 12?

Yes, there is an actual carrot museum. The name is the
Carotte Musée. It was founded by none other than the quintessential rascally bunny himself, Mr Bugs Bunny. It is located inside the Anaheim Convention Center, in Anaheim, Ca.
The admission is one bag of baby sized carrots, or just one long carrot, which is Bugs favorite, don't ya know.
The museum is open everyday, with exception of Christmas and free carrot day at Denny's, which is normally every January 10th. Bugs bunny can often be seen either giving guided tours and or giving autographs. Special arrangements may be made for private or school tours.
There are also on going projects being offered at the museum, such as just give carrots a chance, which is wildly popular, by the way, to the readings chosen from amongst all the much beloved classic tails of Peter Rabbits exploits in and out of the briar patch. Sometimes, Bugs will be giving these readings. Otherwise, it will be a volunteer bunny doing such.
There is a wonderful gift shop and tea room too. The biggest hit in our tea room is our world famous hop along carrot mini tea cakes. I highly recommend our little cakes. And our carrot flavored infused tea is just the best! We all so love it, especially Bugs Bunny

We hope to see you hopping on over for a visit.

Phone:

1 800 Bug Sbun

WWW.CarotteMusée.COM

Hi everyone, just joining this thread a little late this year, but I have been lurking. I am here now, and have a copy of the Disneyland Guide from the gate. It says 5:30 and 8:00 p.m. for Saturday and Sunday's CP.

I am so excited to get a chance to see the CP again this year. Thank you Sherry for the narrator tip. I am a big Blair Underwood fan, so I will be there bright and early to try to get a good spot.:worship:

Lori, those are GREAT pictures! Love them!

Getting close -- almost single digits! And after our freeze here, should be nice. Starting my packing list and getting part of the kids' surprises (pins and shirts) together. AND found a larger size of Belle's red Christmas dress lurking in my gift closet so DD will have TWO princess dresses to wear during our visit. :thumbsup2

Lori - awesome pics!
Sherry E - Hope you have a great time at DL and Club 33!
Janet - Hope your flight made it there safely and your all checked and ready for some fun!

Thought these trees made for a great frame of Carthay Circle

Framing Carthay Circle by KC MikeD, on Flickr

Hi everyone, just joining this thread a little late this year, but I have been lurking. I am here now, and have a copy of the Disneyland Guide from the gate. It says 5:30 and 8:00 p.m. for Saturday and Sunday's CP.

I am so excited to get a chance to see the CP again this year. Thank you Sherry for the narrator tip. I am a big Blair Underwood fan, so I will be there bright and early to try to get a good spot.:worship:
THANK YOU!!!!pixiedust:
Hope you get a good spot!

mamaburrito! I LOVE it! LOL. We are taking our DS5 and DS4 the 13-14 (coming in late the 12th) for a surprise visit too! Maybe I will tell them we are going to a carrot museum as well! :lmao:

Sherry! So, so , so excited for you and your visit to Club 33! It's AMAZING!!!! Take tons of photos and make sure to check out the restroom! Both times I have been lucky enough to go there, the staff were incredible. They could totally tell I was geeking out, and they showed me around and showed me everything/told me about everything! It was the best =) I'm so glad you get to see it before the renovations too. What an awesome trip!!! Are you staying at the PPH?

I have been missing from this thread and from the board in general. Live has been crazy, too crazy to even get excited about our trip, but I am FINALLY there and so here I am. Going to scan the thread for a day or two and get myself back in gear.

Hi all! I am back in NYC, after being at DLR just 24 hours ago! :( We had a wonderful day there. I will eventually write a TR, but here's a brief recap:

We headed into DCA just after rope drop at 9:00 AM. Unfortunately, we didn't realize until we had arrived at RSR that it was closed for the day! :eek: A CM told us that it was probably because it had rained the night before, but we also saw a camera crew in Cars Land, filming something. Another CM told me that RSR was also closed the day after Thanksgiving, when there was a lot of rain.

I was determined to not let RSR being closed throw me off, so we headed to TSMM - the wait was already 45 minutes long! I guess everyone else had similar ideas to quickly move on to the other most popular rides. We next got FPs for California Screamin', then decided to wait for Soarin' - posted wait time was 25 minutes, but it was more like 40. I was starting to panic, 2 rides in 2 hours, and we only had 1 day for both parks?!? But then we hit a nice streak of using our FPs for Cali Screamin' (I loved it!), then we got FPs to Goofy's Sky School, had a quick lunch, then walked on to the Golden Zephyr and the Silly Swing Symphony. Then back to use our FPs for Goofy - way too jerky, I won't ever ride that again, it hurt! Overall, I was surprised by the lack of Christmas decorations at DCA, particularly around the Paradise Pier, Grizzly Peak and Condor Flats sections.

Then it was time to go to DL - I was so excited! It was amazing, I absolutely loved it. So many classics. We first waited 25 minutes for Space Mountain- wow! Better than the WDW version for sure! Then we headed into Adventureland and got in the single rider line for Indiana Jones - supposedly a 5-minute wait, until it broke down as we were next in line. :confused3 After another 10 minutes, we heard a CM tell another park guest that it would be at least another 20 minutes, so we left. Adventureland seemed very busy, so we split up - the boys went to Star Tours, while I did single rider for Splash Mountain - I loved it so much! I barely got wet, I lucked out being in the back seat with a family of 5 in front of me. I actually got wetter in the front seat of POTC later in the day, go figure! The lines for POTC and Haunted Mansion were both about 25 minutes long. No FPs for HMH that day, for whatever reason. We did get to ride Indiana Jones later as well, in the single rider line again. I had my beloved Dole Whip - I loved it, but I do like it better at WDW with the option to get the pineapple-vanilla swirl.

We shopped on Main Street, my friend was cold and bought a cute hoodie. We then went back to DCA and waited only 10 minutes for my favorite, the Tower of Terror!!! I absolutely loved every second of it, we went just as it was getting dark - perfect! We needed a break badly after that, so we went to Carthay Circle in the lounge, got some drinks and eats, and I charged my dead phone. :thumbsup2 We came out onto Buena Vista Street to a lit tree, so pretty. We shopped in a few stores there - I wanted a Disneyland ornament that had 2013 on it, and I was not pleased with the selection. I did get a Disneyland Mickey magnet for my fridge that I really like. We went back to DL and shopped there for ornaments - same selection, so I settled for one of Mickey in front of the castle, no date on it. My brother got a different one with 2013 on it, I think it was Mickey and other characters around the sorcerer's hat.

It was 7:00 PM by this time - the fireworks were supposed to start at 7:30 PM, with the park closing at 8:00 PM. We hadn't been to Fantasyland yet, so we walked back to IASW, just in time for the projection show at 7:15 PM. Beautiful! Then the announcements started, that due to high winds, the fireworks might not happen. :( We decided to keep walking around Fantasyland. Sadly, in all my planning, I didn't ever remember reading that most of the attractions close well before the fireworks. So we missed out on Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, and other attractions - all closed by the time we got to them. We walked through Frontierland, since we hadn't yet, then back to Main Street. Another announcement that the fireworks may not happen. :confused: What to do? We walked toward the railroad. I had read that people can stand on the elevated railroad platform, so we thought that would be a good spot to watch fireworks and then make a quick exit. But it was all dark, and a CM told me that the railroad was already closed for the night. :sad2: And then a few minutes later, the announcement came that there wouldn't be any fireworks. We were near the exit, so we hurried and got on a tram and missed the exit traffic out of the parking garage.

All in all, we had a great time. It's definitely a very long day to try to cover both parks, and we were all disappointed that RSR was down. I think I was the one most disappointed about the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks being canceled. But overall, it was a magical day.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I took a ton of photos, but I just flew back today and am exhausted. I'll upload some later this week or this weekend.

Hi all! I am back in NYC, after being at DLR just 24 hours ago! :( We had a wonderful day there. I will eventually write a TR, but here's a brief recap:

We headed into DCA just after rope drop at 9:00 AM. Unfortunately, we didn't realize until we had arrived at RSR that it was closed for the day! :eek: A CM told us that it was probably because it had rained the night before, but we also saw a camera crew in Cars Land, filming something. Another CM told me that RSR was also closed the day after Thanksgiving, when there was a lot of rain.

I was determined to not let RSR being closed throw me off, so we headed to TSMM - the wait was already 45 minutes long! I guess everyone else had similar ideas to quickly move on to the other most popular rides. We next got FPs for California Screamin', then decided to wait for Soarin' - posted wait time was 25 minutes, but it was more like 40. I was starting to panic, 2 rides in 2 hours, and we only had 1 day for both parks?!? But then we hit a nice streak of using our FPs for Cali Screamin' (I loved it!), then we got FPs to Goofy's Sky School, had a quick lunch, then walked on to the Golden Zephyr and the Silly Swing Symphony. Then back to use our FPs for Goofy - way too jerky, I won't ever ride that again, it hurt! Overall, I was surprised by the lack of Christmas decorations at DCA, particularly around the Paradise Pier, Grizzly Peak and Condor Flats sections.

Then it was time to go to DL - I was so excited! It was amazing, I absolutely loved it. So many classics. We first waited 25 minutes for Space Mountain- wow! Better than the WDW version for sure! Then we headed into Adventureland and got in the single rider line for Indiana Jones - supposedly a 5-minute wait, until it broke down as we were next in line. :confused3 After another 10 minutes, we heard a CM tell another park guest that it would be at least another 20 minutes, so we left. Adventureland seemed very busy, so we split up - the boys went to Star Tours, while I did single rider for Splash Mountain - I loved it so much! I barely got wet, I lucked out being in the back seat with a family of 5 in front of me. I actually got wetter in the front seat of POTC later in the day, go figure! The lines for POTC and Haunted Mansion were both about 25 minutes long. No FPs for HMH that day, for whatever reason. We did get to ride Indiana Jones later as well, in the single rider line again. I had my beloved Dole Whip - I loved it, but I do like it better at WDW with the option to get the pineapple-vanilla swirl.

We shopped on Main Street, my friend was cold and bought a cute hoodie. We then went back to DCA and waited only 10 minutes for my favorite, the Tower of Terror!!! I absolutely loved every second of it, we went just as it was getting dark - perfect! We needed a break badly after that, so we went to Carthay Circle in the lounge, got some drinks and eats, and I charged my dead phone. :thumbsup2 We came out onto Buena Vista Street to a lit tree, so pretty. We shopped in a few stores there - I wanted a Disneyland ornament that had 2013 on it, and I was not pleased with the selection. I did get a Disneyland Mickey magnet for my fridge that I really like. We went back to DL and shopped there for ornaments - same selection, so I settled for one of Mickey in front of the castle, no date on it. My brother got a different one with 2013 on it, I think it was Mickey and other characters around the sorcerer's hat.

It was 7:00 PM by this time - the fireworks were supposed to start at 7:30 PM, with the park closing at 8:00 PM. We hadn't been to Fantasyland yet, so we walked back to IASW, just in time for the projection show at 7:15 PM. Beautiful! Then the announcements started, that due to high winds, the fireworks might not happen. :( We decided to keep walking around Fantasyland. Sadly, in all my planning, I didn't ever remember reading that most of the attractions close well before the fireworks. So we missed out on Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, and other attractions - all closed by the time we got to them. We walked through Frontierland, since we hadn't yet, then back to Main Street. Another announcement that the fireworks may not happen. :confused: What to do? We walked toward the railroad. I had read that people can stand on the elevated railroad platform, so we thought that would be a good spot to watch fireworks and then make a quick exit. But it was all dark, and a CM told me that the railroad was already closed for the night. :sad2: And then a few minutes later, the announcement came that there wouldn't be any fireworks. We were near the exit, so we hurried and got on a tram and missed the exit traffic out of the parking garage.

All in all, we had a great time. It's definitely a very long day to try to cover both parks, and we were all disappointed that RSR was down. I think I was the one most disappointed about the Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks being canceled. But overall, it was a magical day.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I took a ton of photos, but I just flew back today and am exhausted. I'll upload some later this week or this weekend.

Thanks for the report. I'd be totally crushed if the fireworks and RSR were both not available :cry: they're my 2 "must dos" on my upcoming trip. Love that you still had a blast and a good perspective on it :). Disneyland is always magical!

All in all, we had a great time.

Sounds like you were able to get a lot done even with the curve balls of broken down rides and cancelled events.

glad you had a good first visit ... if you are anything like me, you are probably already planning your return!

Thank You : Pesky and KCMike! Love your picture Mike, I so enjoyed Buena Vista street this year! Very Festive!! Warm feeling..:wizard:

--Lori

Here are a few more:

11222231203_bf8a0805d4_b.jpg

11222154255_1677488f24_b.jpg

11222266773_4c4f2c2fc1_b.jpg

11222196916_8c5cb2e050_b.jpg

We will get there and have one day to try for fresh Candy Canes...trying to decide if we want to do this. Do the premade ones they sell taste the same?

We leave in 4 days. I would be totally excited except now I'm sick, and pregnant so not able to take the really good cold meds that actually work. And at this rate I may be feeling better by monday but I'm fully expecting DD & DH to be sick by the time we leave :-( So bummed. I called out sick yesterday from work, but have to be here today & tomorrow. I haven't even started packing, have no idea what last minute things I need to run out and buy this weekend. Starting to feel overwhelmed!

on the bright side, it is looking like we shouldn't get any/much rain next week. Fingers crossed so I can return the $80 in waterproof gear I bought last week for DD & myself!

dreamseeker9 - thank you so much for your trip report!

Your report did bring up a good point that I've been wondering about... for the fireworks which rides close down and do they reopen afterwards?

I have the same questions regarding Fantasmic! and World of Color - do rides and attractions shut down, but reopen afterwards or remain closed for the rest of the day?

If anyone knows I'd sincerely appreciate that information, it would help me plan some of our days better. ~ TIA

Cheers! :santa:

dreamseeker9 - thank you so much for your trip report!

Your report did bring up a good point that I've been wondering about... for the fireworks which rides close down and do they reopen afterwards?

I have the same questions regarding Fantasmic! and World of Color - do rides and attractions shut down, but reopen afterwards or remain closed for the rest of the day?

If anyone knows I'd sincerely appreciate that information, it would help me plan some of our days better. ~ TIA

Cheers! :santa:

I can only speak from my experience on Tuesday night. The fireworks were supposed to happen at 7:30 PM, and DL was to close at 8:00 PM. At around 7:10 PM, the Mad Tea Party, Dumbo and IASW were operating. The dark rides on either side of the castle were not operating and were completely dark and closed for the night (Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad, Peter Pan). At around 7:20 PM, the Main Street train station was dark, and a CM confirmed the railroad was closed for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter