• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #3!- HOLIDAYS BEGIN 11/12/13!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time for Disney to reexamine the pricing on the Fantasmic dessert package. They're getting the same price for a dessert box as they charge for a three course dinner at Carthay Circle with the World of Color fastpasses. Outrageous.

It sells out quickly, so it is more likely to increase in price rather than decrease. I opted to do the Holiday Tour for $60 a person (after AP discount) in place of this. When the kids are older, I may do this. For now, the cost seems silly.

Ok where can I find gingerbread men cookies and rice krispies on a stick? I saw Sherry's awesome treat photos and would love to know where to buy the bundle of Mickey head rice krispie treats and the gingerbread cookies. Has anyone seen them outside of the parks? Like at Marcelines in DTD? TIA!

Ok where can I find gingerbread men cookies and rice krispies on a stick? I saw Sherry's awesome treat photos and would love to know where to buy the bundle of Mickey head rice krispie treats and the gingerbread cookies. Has anyone seen them outside of the parks? Like at Marcelines in DTD? TIA!

crystal1313 --

The rice crispy treats on a stick (the Mickey heads) were definitely sold at Marceline's as well as stores inside the parks. I saw them on 11/15.

The gingerbread cookies (I assume you want the ones with mouse ears?) are usually found at all of the candy shops (and some of the bake shops) around the parks and at Marceline's. In other words, Candy Palace, Pooh's Corner, Trolley Treats... and maybe even Jolly Holiday, etc. However, on 11/15 I only saw the cookies at Candy Palace, and there were only a few of them there. I'm sure they have gotten more in stock by now, though.

The non-Mickey ears gingerbread cookies were at the Market House/Starbucks.

You should find them hanging out at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar after 8 p.m. where they will be cavorting with ginger bread women and Ginger Snaps. They are a lively bunch they are too. Just ask the island natives. And how they love to dance and swing about the joint. Matter of fact, one time security had to be called forth right because the ginger people were becoming so totally wild and crazy from too much free flowing spirits of the libations kind that is.

:faint:

crystal1313 --

The rice crispy treats on a stick (the Mickey heads) were definitely sold at Marceline's as well as stores inside the parks. I saw them on 11/15.

The gingerbread cookies (I assume you want the ones with mouse ears?) are usually found at all of the candy shops (and some of the bake shops) around the parks and at Marceline's. In other words, Candy Palace, Pooh's Corner, Trolley Treats... and maybe even Jolly Holiday, etc. However, on 11/15 I only saw the cookies at Candy Palace, and there were only a few of them there. I'm sure they have gotten more in stock by now, though.

The non-Mickey ears gingerbread cookies were at the Market House/Starbucks.

Thank you Sherry! We are getting in around 8-9 on the 12th and I wanted to grab some treats for the room! Was hoping Marceline's had what I really want so I don't have to go into the parks that night......I decided to do my own "in room celebration" for the kids since I just couldn't justify the cost of the one from Disney (although it sounds amazing!)

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
I get to order the Photopass!! pixiedust:

Was able to snag the CVS gift card deal this morning so that added $50 to our budget. Yeah!!

However apparently I put my CC # in wrong and it's making me wait 2 hours to try again! :crazy2:

ETA-Went through the second time. Yeah!

I'm so flattered that a few people want to meet me! I'm really not all that fun. I'm much more fun here in this thread! I know I will miss some folks because I will be gone by the time they arrive (like Jenny, for example), but there are a few who will still be there when I descend on DLR.

If I am keeping track correctly, it sounds as if Kathy (ksromack), Kim (kmedina) and Julie (julieheyer) are open to a quick meet-up on Sunday, 12/8. I have forgotten if Janet (mom2rtk) is available on 12/8 too, but I think so? I have Janet's and Kathy's contact info, although, to be honest, my cell phone tends to malfunction at DLR and various forms of communication don't get to me until hours after they were sent.:rotfl2: I also hate talking on the cell phone at DLR to coordinate plans (too much noise).

So, in the interest of saving time... I think that we should just pick a specific time and spot -- let's find a nice spot by one of the festive trees or holiday backdrops, so we can get a group picture -- and meet up at that time/place. Sound good?

I purposefully haven't scheduled anything for sunday Dec 8th so I can work around anyone's schedule! Are there photopass photographers at any of the hotel christmas trees? A photopass photographer would certainly take a good picture and whoever was there could have their cards scanned and thus saved to their account.

OK - I got on the phone at 11 AM EST today - waited about 10 minutes...but I did get my 6 tickets to the Fantasmic Premium seating. Cried a little when I spent 360.00 for desert :) I will NEVER tell wife how much it cost :)

There is no price for experiencing a great family memory. That's MY story and I'm sticking to it.

I think it's time for Disney to reexamine the pricing on the Fantasmic dessert package. They're getting the same price for a dessert box as they charge for a three course dinner at Carthay Circle with the World of Color fastpasses. Outrageous.

I'm pretty sure that's the price we paid for the Wishes Dessert Party last December at Magic Kingdom. But it was unlimited desserts with a couple dozen choices of deliciousness. I don't know when/if we'll ever make it back to DLR, especially during christmas so I want to do as much as possible while we are there.

The weather forecast for next week definitely changes every day! I use Accuweather, weather.com, and wunderground. Today I am liking accuweather the best because it does not show rain. :lmao:

We are just packing it all- jeans, shorts, short sleeves, long sleeves to go under the short sleeve shirts, jackets, hats, gloves, and ponchos.

As much as they say rain keeps people away, I really just want to see clear skies! The past 2 years at WDW I have had gray skies with drizzle. I'm ready for a rain-free, blue sky trip. :thumbsup2

I'm bringing 2 pairs of shorts, a pair of capris, a couple pairs of jeans, and some black yoga pants. Shirts ranging from tshirts to long sleeve shirts to hockey jerseys to hoodies.

So we brought back lots of snacks like this from WDW last year. They are amazingly preserved because I ate the rice krispie treat about 6 months later. :rotfl2:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
I get to order the Photopass!! pixiedust:

Was able to snag the CVS gift card deal this morning so that added $50 to our budget. Yeah!!

However apparently I put my CC # in wrong and it's making me wait 2 hours to try again! :crazy2:

yeah! Now you just have to convince everyone to smile for every Photopass photographer you see!

I just booked our holiday tour for dec 27 th......so excited! Now hoping to find out more about the cvs gift card deal so that I can buy a photopass? How do I get this deal...help please :)

I just booked our holiday tour for dec 27 th......so excited! Now hoping to find out more about the cvs gift card deal so that I can buy a photopass? How do I get this deal...help please :)

I got this from a couponing site:

There is an unadvertised CVS gift card deal going on right now in some regions. The gift card deal may not work in all regions or stores but it’s being reported by several readers (and confirmed by us! ) that you can get this deal.

If you buy a $150 PayPal gift card/debit card, you can get $50 extra care bucks in return! There is a small activation fee and you must spend at least one dollar of the gift card Within the first 36 hours to not be charged a fee from PayPal. Otherwise you can use this card anywhere on anything, it is like a regular MasterCard. So basically you spend the $150 to get $200!

You can use this extra care bucks immediately on other deals but keep in mind that you will have to use all $50 at once in order to not lose any of it. For example if you only use $20 and wanted to try to save $30 for later you can’t do that. You would lose $30 in extra care bucks which is like $30 in real money! I’m not sure how to confirm if this cvs gift card deal will work in your area or not, but you can download the CVS app and see if it will show this deal under the weekly ads for your store. It is also being reported that there are signs in the stores where the deal is working. You can also do a similar deal where you purchase a $100 gap/old navy gift card Can get a $25 extra care bucks in return.

I got this from a couponing site:

There is an unadvertised CVS gift card deal going on right now in some regions. The gift card deal may not work in all regions or stores but it’s being reported by several readers (and confirmed by us! ) that you can get this deal.

If you buy a $150 PayPal gift card/debit card, you can get $50 extra care bucks in return! There is a small activation fee and you must spend at least one dollar of the gift card Within the first 36 hours to not be charged a fee from PayPal. Otherwise you can use this card anywhere on anything, it is like a regular MasterCard. So basically you spend the $150 to get $200!

You can use this extra care bucks immediately on other deals but keep in mind that you will have to use all $50 at once in order to not lose any of it. For example if you only use $20 and wanted to try to save $30 for later you can’t do that. You would lose $30 in extra care bucks which is like $30 in real money! I’m not sure how to confirm if this cvs gift card deal will work in your area or not, but you can download the CVS app and see if it will show this deal under the weekly ads for your store. It is also being reported that there are signs in the stores where the deal is working. You can also do a similar deal where you purchase a $100 gap/old navy gift card Can get a $25 extra care bucks in return.

Yep. It's a specific PayPal Prepaid MasterCard. The deal is only good through today. We still have to buy Goonights for the kids, so I have $50 a month budgeted for that. Since I was able to get the $50 ECB, I'll use that for the pull-ups and add the $50 cash to my Disney $$. :cheer2:

So it's really only a "Money Maker" if you have stuff you usually buy at CVS....

yeah! Now you just have to convince everyone to smile for every Photopass photographer you see!

Yeah, especially my goofy 5 year old!!

This isn't really :offtopic: but.......I looked at the CVS ad online and they have the Mickey Waffle maker. Does anyone have this? I think I must have this. I love me some MM waffles.....with fruit and whipped cream. I can pretend I'm at DLR when I get home! :love:

I've read a couple of comments in the last few days about the board acting crazy and doing strange things when trying to quote posts or see posts. Strange glitches and things. Today I experienced some very odd things when trying to access various threads, and it reminds me of some weird things that were happening on the board a couple of years ago -- pre-server switch over.

So I wonder if the strange technical glitches are due to the servers getting slammed with traffic (not just on this side of the board but over on the WDW side too)?:confused3

Not only have I been experiencing weirdness in threads, but certain threads I could not even access at all earlier. For example, Bret's/mvf-m11c's TR thread. I was trying to follow a link to his thread in one of the subscription email notifications I received (as I always do with any thread). When I clicked on the link it led me to a page that said it was an invalid thread.

Instantly I thought, "Oh no! What happened to Bret's TR??":faint::faint: I then tried to follow a link to another person's TR and I got the same "invalid" message.

Frantically I rushed over to the TR section and made sure that those two TRs (Bret's and the other person's) were still there, and they are...but I have no clue why the link within the email notification led me to a page that said the thread was invalid.

Just now I was trying to get into another thread on the main forum and it told me there was a certain number of pages, but then I could not get to that last page to see it.

So something is going wonky on the board and I am guessing it is server-related again.

:santa::santa::santa:

Kathy (FlameGirl) --

You are correct! We had a near miss in 2011. I was arriving at DLR just as you were leaving, and I remember you mentioned that the Saturday of CP weekend was crazy crowded.

crystal1313 --

My guess is that the gingerbread cookies with mouse ears will be at Marceline's by the time you're there. That (on 11/15) was a rare case of not seeing them at Marceline's but I've always seen them there every year. I have to think that maybe they just ran out and needed to re-stock.

I've forgotten -- do you have an AP? If you don't see the cookies at Marceline's you could always run into one of the parks and get them and then bring them back to the hotel? Hopefully you will find them at Marceline's, though. I don't think there is any danger of the bunches of Mickey head crispy treats disappearing, so you should be able to get those with no problem.

I don't blame you for creating your own in-room celebration. While Disney's in-room offerings look very cute and festive, they cost a pretty penny.

Kathy (ksromack) --

Well, I was thinking that meeting up earlier (morning) would be better for me, just in case I see some other friends on 12/8. However, if I don't see them I might be able to meet up later. My main thing is that I want to be open and available to try to see the CP if I can. I don't know what kind of work -- or standing around and waiting -- that will involve, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to at least try to see it. I may change my mind once I see all the people in Town Square, but I want to leave the option open right now.

There is a PhotoPass person at the GCH tree when Santa is there. If Santa is not there, there is no PhotoPass person. The Disneyland Hotel sometimes has a PhotoPass person near the Santa spot and sometimes does not.

I am not sure if there will be any PhotoPass people in Downtown Disney (near the Winter Village) this year.

I am not averse to meeting up in one of the parks -- I think that Kim (kmedina) would be okay with that as well -- at a prime PhotoPass spot, but I don't know when. Janet is going to be busy for the first part of the day. Julie (julieheyer) is not yet sure which park she will be in that day. So it may just be the 3 of us.

I am thinking that I either have to meet up in the morning or in the evening. We could always try to aim for a nighttime Winter Castle shot? But that can always change if I don't book anything during the day.

I don't have a newer model of waffle maker, but I have a really old Mickey waffle iron that I got many years ago. As soon as I plugged it in it sparked at me and I never used it. I think that the brand (whichever brand it was) put out some faulty irons. One of these days I would like to get a new one, made by a different brand -- one that doesn't spark!

So Staple Center is far away from Anaheim, yes?

Our Blues play the LA Kings on Monday night at the Staple Center. We have Ohio State playing Michigan at 9am CA time and my Mizzou Tigers play Texas A&M in the afternoon (both this saturday). Too bad we are renting a car and driving to a beach.....that would have been a decent day to spend at ESPN Zone eating wings and nachos ;)

Sorry I've been MIA but we've been busy! :)

Just finished up the Holiday Tour and it was great! Quickly, got marshmallows dipped in caramel, then in peppermint infused dark chocolate covered in sprinkles as our early treat. Rode Jingle Cruise, HM and IASMH. Had front row seats to the parade, got our hot chocolate mugs (they are SO cute this year!) And our Mickey gingerbread cookies (with chocolate covered ears). Oh and our pins :) I'll have pictures to show when we get home.

We're having a great trip. Crowds seem less today than they did earlier in the week. I'll try to update more soon. Haven't gone into Gibson Girl, but see a report from a few days ago that says it's not the real deal.

If anybody has any questions, ask away!

Sorry I've been MIA but we've been busy! :)

Just finished up the Holiday Tour and it was great! Quickly, got marshmallows dipped in caramel, then in peppermint infused dark chocolate covered in sprinkles as our early treat. Rode Jingle Cruise, HM and IASMH. Had front row seats to the parade, got our hot chocolate mugs (they are SO cute this year!) And our Mickey gingerbread cookies (with chocolate covered ears). Oh and our pins :) I'll have pictures to show when we get home.

We're having a great trip. Crowds seem less today than they did earlier in the week. I'll try to update more soon. Haven't gone into Gibson Girl, but see a report from a few days ago that says it's not the real deal.

If anybody has any questions, ask away!
Happy to hear that Jingle Cruise was included in the Holiday Tour. The treats you spoke of (marshmallow ones), were those included in the tour or were those snacks you purchased?

Did you have any character breakfasts? What great food did you partake in? Excited to see pictures....the hot chocolate mugs, were those plastic travel mug types? Glad to hear that you are having a great time, can't wait to hear all about it. We leave on friday!

Hi all,

Is there a "good" time of day to visit Jingle Jangle Jamboree on a Saturday/Sunday? We are not worried about rides this trip. Is it quiet in the morning, then builds afternoon?

Thanks. KC Mike-- great pics!

This isn't really :offtopic: but.......I looked at the CVS ad online and they have the Mickey Waffle maker. Does anyone have this? I think I must have this. I love me some MM waffles.....with fruit and whipped cream. I can pretend I'm at DLR when I get home! :love:

oh, I'd love to know about it too! sounds like a fun "family" gift.

I was worried about Bret's report too, Kathy. The same thing happened to me, and I panicked. That is my FAVORITE report since you closed yours. This one is a very close second as it has provided invaluable Holiday information.

Sherry, you are correct that I can meet anywhere. We have APs, so I can hop if necessary. Our 12/08 breakfast reservation is at Disneyland at 7:30am. After 9am, I will be available. The Holiday tour runs from 11:45am-2:45pm on 12/06 when the parade starts at 2:30pm. With parades at 1 and 3 on 12/08, I am guessing the tours run from 10:15-1:15 and/or 12:15-3:15. A meeting around 9:30am could work if it was short. If Janet is booked in the later tour, we could meet longer.

I agree with all of you that I want a chance to see the CP. I will not see it if it is too crowded, but I want a shot. If we cannot find time to meet before the CP, I can meet after it and take off for a Hollywood right after the meet. The other option is separate meets. You're the one everyone wants to meet, Sherry, so I think it depends mostly on your schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter