Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #2 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mommy2PrincessAbby said:
It's kinda a misnomer... But it's really 2 months... Sorry it screwed you up! I'll be calling October 5 for December 5 even tho there won't be park hours yet *sigh*

Oh and far as I know it's always been this way. On all of our trips I've waited for the two month mark.

day2-29.jpg

day4-09-1.jpg

DisneyLandatChristmas-03.jpg

DisneyLandatChristmas-12.jpg

DisneyLandatChristmas-13-1.jpg

IMG_3646watermark.jpg

IMG_3584watermark.jpg

We will be heading to Disneyland the week of Christmas.

Has anyone gotten any tips on discounts at any of the Disney properties for accommodations?

Most likely we'll be staying at the Grand California. :santa:

FourOrchards -

So far, no discounts have popped up for the holiday season that I am aware of (at least not as far as a big offer that has gone out to many people). I'm not even sure that there will be anything substantial in the way of discounts this year because attendance and onsite bookings have been very healthy. Disney may feel like it doesn't need to offer any really good discounts if they don't expect any lulls in activity.

Of course, AP holders can get 10% off of hotel rooms year-round, but those great rates that used to be offered (like 35% off) seem to be getting few and far between.

:santa::santa::santa:

One thing I find interesting is that - at least as recently as a couple of days ago - the Disneyland website was still saying that the holidays would take place in "November and December." In other words, they are (or were) still not specifying November 12th as the starting date of the season. If it hadn't been for a couple of DIS'ers mentioning months ago that November 12th was named as the start date on Facebook and on the Disney travel agent websites, etc., we would probably still be wondering if the season was due to begin on 11/9 or 11/12.

It makes me think that, perhaps, Disney does not want to name a specific start date for the season this year so that they don't experience that "lull" in between Halloween Time and the holidays. If they let people think that the season is happening in full effect in early November (which is usually not the case), they may increase the number of guests and onsite bookings in early November - which is when it is typically slower. Interesting. Very interesting. :idea:

:santa::santa::santa:

Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful New Orleans Square photos! It's always interesting for me to see which themes I announce/set up are the ones that attract a lot of posts and the ones that don't.

Bret - We must always remember the long-lost light canopy! We will never forget it! It made such a dramatic impact on the nighttime look of New Orleans Square that its presence is definitely missed.

Hello, first time poster, long time reader. I enjoy these boards!! Anyhoo, me DH, DD (7), and DD (5) will be going to DL 12/2-12/4. DH hates crowds so I am getting nervous as it gets closer. He hasn't been to DL since junior high. Me and the girls were just last Christmas. But we can handle the crowds/craziness. Do you think I should worry or just go w/ the flow. I want DH to have a good time so he will want to go back! Me and my kids love disney!! This is also our first time at the DLHotel. I won a trip from JohnJay & Rich on the radio in Phoenix. Thanks!! :cool1:

Hello, first time poster, long time reader. I enjoy these boards!! Anyhoo, me DH, DD (7), and DD (5) will be going to DL 12/2-12/4. DH hates crowds so I am getting nervous as it gets closer. He hasn't been to DL since junior high. Me and the girls were just last Christmas. But we can handle the crowds/craziness. Do you think I should worry or just go w/ the flow. I want DH to have a good time so he will want to go back! Me and my kids love disney!! This is also our first time at the DLHotel. I won a trip from JohnJay & Rich on the radio in Phoenix. Thanks!! :cool1:

Hello, Jcrew85031 - welcome!

Well, first of all, congratulations on winning the trip!:cool1:

You'll be there from a Sunday to Tuesday. I was at Disneyland last year at the same time (my dates were Sunday, December 4 - Thursday, December 8). Sunday got a bit crowded in the mid-to-late afternoon, due to Candlelight Processional crowds. Monday was delightful and not very crowded in either Disneyland or California Adventure. Tuesday was a little busier.

This year is a question mark. While I still believe that some people have to be at work and school in between the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks and cannot travel, the Candlelight Processional is taking place on the first 20 nights this December...and we have no way of knowing if the added nights will make the parks much more crowded on each night, or if it will help to spread out the crowds a bit so that each night is not too bad.

The other question mark is the allure of Cars Land/Buena Vista Street. So far, reports have come in that have stated that Halloween Time has already been busier than expected (usually, late September is not as crowded as October) in the 1-1/2 weeks it's been going on. I can only assume that more people are coming out this season - not only to see the Halloween stuff, but because the billion dollar makeover of California Adventure is now complete.

This pattern could continue into the holiday season, with more crowds showing up even in the typically less crowded times to see Cars Land and Buena Vista Street decorated for the season.

So, I leave for WDW in 3 days (where I I'll hopefully see MyMuse again!), and the day I get back, I'll be at the 60 day countdown & can start making my reservations for Disneyland! :) I'm trying not to look at TOO many pics in the Xmas countdown here, so I'm not completely spoiled, lol. But I did see a pic of Santa Mickey! Where exactly does he meet?

Yes, I shall be there!!

and when I get back, it'll be time to make my Holiday Tour ressies. :santa:

Yes, I shall be there!!

and when I get back, it'll be time to make my Holiday Tour ressies. :santa:

MyMuse -

I wanted to tell you that I found you on Facebook - and, in fact, I saw that you had posted on the DIS Unplugged Facebook page too - but my computer locked up when I was trying to send you a friend request!:rotfl2: Lately, Facebook has been acting up for me - it takes 15 minutes to sign off because the page just freezes. So I had to reboot and I haven't tried to send the request again just yet.

Tomorrow I will be involved in a call-in show for the Unplugged Podcast (which will air on Thursday), and the subject will be Halloween Time at Disneyland!! I will be there with a couple of the usual Podcast team, taking questions and discussing Halloween Time. (Hopefully something similar will happen for the holiday season too!;)) Be sure to check it out if you have a chance.

Jcrew85031 said:

There are other people who an definitely answer this better but I am making sure that I have reservations for dinner as my DH doesn't like crowds either. He doesn't like mornings all that much but he will be getting there early for his own sanity! Congratulations on the trip!

Hey! My family will be heading to Disney Land for 12/22-12/26. What would be a great place for a Cristmas Eve dinner in the parks? My daughter will be 1 at that time. She is extremely well behaved. Not sure if some of the restaurants have age restrictions. This is our first visit to the DLR we are very familiar with WDW.

What about a Christmas Day breakfast in the park? How are crowds on this day?

Thanks so much!!

Maybe they'll say something about cp dining soon... I get to start making my PSs next Friday!!! :cool1:

I hope so too! I would think that they'd have to get going soon with the whole CP process and however they are setting it up for people to buy dinner packages and/or AP people to get seats/viewing spots.

Frankly, I was shocked to see something about Thanksgiving up today! Disney is so slow in releasing info about Disneyland Resort that I figured they wouldn't start giving any holiday season info until after Halloween Time ends.

One of my most memorable experiences, ever!!!!

Club 33 balcony 11/10/11

11-1133balcony.jpg

I have a bunch more of NOS from 2011 that I need to upload to Photobucket, but here's what I have from 2009.

From 2009
DSC04679.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04678.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

One of my most memorable experiences, ever!!!!

Club 33 balcony 11/10/11

11-1133balcony.jpg

I have a bunch more of NOS from 2011 that I need to upload to Photobucket, but here's what I have from 2009.

From 2009
DSC04679.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04678.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

What lovely, colorful pictures! Vanessa, I'm so glad your Photobucket account is working!

Thank you Sherry!

Yeah, it looks like Photobucket is working for now, lol. I guess I didn't realize that my 2011 NOS pics hadn't been uploaded already, probably because I've had such problems with PB lately....I WILL GET THEM UPLOADED :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter