• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland App

Cassamenia

Earning My Ears
So I downloaded the app for my visit on Feb 18 and I have two questions for anyone that has bought their tickets on the app.
1. Can I use a gift card and then a credit card for the balance?
2. Since they will scan my phone to get into the park will they then give me a ticket or something to use for fast pass or would I have to get Max pass?

I wouldn't bother with this at all except I would like to buy tickets before the possible hike on Sunday if at all possible.
Thanks!

1. You can't use a giftcard on the app. However, you can use it on the Disneyland website to purchase tickets, and pay remainder with a credit card. I've done this in the past. If you are logged into your Disney account, the tickets you purchased on the website will be linked to your app.

2. Yes, they will give you a paper ticket after scanning your app at the turnstiles. They will also take your picture and have you write your name on the paper ticket (to prevent others from using it). You can use the ticket to get fastpasses the traditional way. You don't have to get Maxpass (but it makes it SO EASY). You can redeem fast passes with your paper ticket or through the app (even without Maxpass).

I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Thank you! Quick follow up question: can I buy a one day one park ticket on the website?

Thank you! Quick follow up question: can I buy a one day one park ticket on the website?
Yep, you sure can. It'll show the pricing for that particular day (one day tickets are structured into 3 tiers - value, regular & peak). Here is the link to the ticket purchasing on the website. Just make sure you use the login you utilize for your app so the tickets will link.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets

ETA: You can also print out a copy of the ticket they mail you. I like to do that as a backup just in case.. you never know when technology will fail!

1. You can't use a giftcard on the app. However, you can use it on the Disneyland website to purchase tickets, and pay remainder with a credit card. I've done this in the past. If you are logged into your Disney account, the tickets you purchased on the website will be linked to your app.

2. Yes, they will give you a paper ticket after scanning your app at the turnstiles. They will also take your picture and have you write your name on the paper ticket (to prevent others from using it). You can use the ticket to get fastpasses the traditional way. You don't have to get Maxpass (but it makes it SO EASY). You can redeem fast passes with your paper ticket or through the app (even without Maxpass).

I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Thank you for this! I had been wondering that exact thing!

Have a question: I have a Premier Passport. I purchased Disneyland tickets for my wife and kids on the website last night. I put their names in the information, but the tickets on the app only have the ticket numbers. Is this correct or should their names be assigned to the tickets? Thanks.

Have a question: I have a Premier Passport. I purchased Disneyland tickets for my wife and kids on the website last night. I put their names in the information, but the tickets on the app only have the ticket numbers. Is this correct or should their names be assigned to the tickets? Thanks.
There shouldn't be anything to worry about. I bought tickets last month on the website and had to enter names as well, but it was never questioned at the gates. They'll just give them the paper tickets, take their picture and write their name on the back. I don't know why they ask for names on the website if the names don't print out on the tickets.:confused3

Thank you so much! I followed your link and it worked perfectly! And I will take your advice and print them out too as a precautionary measure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter