Disneyland App Update

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
Using an Android phone.

So far very confusing from what was offered before.
Took a while to find out how to get Fastpasses using MaxPass.

More info to come as my day goes on...

Mobile Ordering can be done by scrolling to very bottom of the home screen or by going to the map>select dining>select mobile icon.

ME

Last edited:
Well, this update would explain why the app was acting up for me all day yesterday. Kept telling me that I couldn't log in due to an error when I was already logged in. Am updating the app now. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Not happy with it. They’ve moved everything around and it’s crashed at least a dozen times on me. Like the OP said. It’s not as easy to find FPs. I reckon I’ll get used to it. The crashing... that will always suck :-(

I was in the parks yesterday when the app updated. Now to get fast pass you have to click on "my plans" (pretty sure that's what it says) then click on the + sign on top right. Definitely not an improvement for getting fast passes.

I was in the parks yesterday when the app updated. Now to get fast pass you have to click on "my plans" (pretty sure that's what it says) then click on the + sign on top right. Definitely not an improvement for getting fast passes.
On the updated iOS version you just need to click the plus sign in the middle of the bottom bar and it’s the first option on the pop up menu.

I don't like to complain, but this update ruined the home screen. Instead of all the buttons clustered together at the top, it's now dominated by a bunch of ads! Yes, there's the + button at the bottom, but everything used to be right there at the top of the home screen without the additional click.

On the updated iOS version you just need to click the plus sign in the middle of the bottom bar and it’s the first option on the pop up menu.

Android too. I just updated to check it out and it said to just press plus to make plans. Easy enough.

Now someone explain to me why people are waiting 50 min for Roger when all the mountains are around 30 min right now. I also noticed waits at DCA are much longer. Like waits at or above an hour compared to DL waits around 30 min. Crazy! Super Hero HQ can't open fast enough. That park needs more capacity.

Well, this update would explain why the app was acting up for me all day yesterday. Kept telling me that I couldn't log in due to an error when I was already logged in. Am updating the app now. Thanks for letting us know about this.
...I was told you can uninstall the app and then reinstall it again....that sometimes works.

...I was told you can uninstall the app and then reinstall it again....that sometimes works.
For standard glitches, usually that can help. But when an update (and a major one, at that!) is pending, then nothing helps until the update goes through.

I installed the app the first day of this post. I wanted to play around with the app the week before my trip. A year ago I had MDE on my phone for my WDW vacation. It worked like a charm! This, however, is terrible. I hope that whatever is wrong will be corrected in the next week! Is it normal with this app to only show one day of dining reservations, for example? I can't get the date to switch to view other days of reservations. It will only show my first dining reservation. I can't imagine paying for MaxPass, at this point! I would be so worried that it would act like the rest of the app and just not function!

I installed the app the first day of this post. I wanted to play around with the app the week before my trip. A year ago I had MDE on my phone for my WDW vacation. It worked like a charm!

...same here.

....This, however, is terrible. I hope that whatever is wrong will be corrected in the next week! Is it normal with this app to only show one day of dining reservations, for example? I can't get the date to switch to view other days of reservations. It will only show my first dining reservation. I can't imagine paying for MaxPass, at this point! I would be so worried that it would act like the rest of the app and just not function!
.....I was thinking the same thing..why pay for something when half the time it isn't going to work properly?

...same here.

.....I was thinking the same thing..why pay for something when half the time it isn't going to work properly?
I’m confused why people think it isn’t going to work properly? There’s nothing “wrong” with it; it’s just poorly designed IMO. I really dislike the new home page, personally, but there’s no issue using it...

Good grief, I thought the app was great before; whose idea was it to change everything around?

This is definitely more clunky.
But it works great... if you want to explore shopDisney! Find tees, ear hats and even more park merchandise for your adventure! Shop Now! Or Skip the Line--Order from Your Phone! Mobile order food from wherever you are, for less wait time at mealtime. Order Now! Don't forget to Turn Wait Time Into Play Time! Interact with the parks like never before with the Play Disney Parks Mobile App! Let's Play!

But it works great... if you want to explore shopDisney! Find tees, ear hats and even more park merchandise for your adventure! Shop Now! Or Skip the Line--Order from Your Phone! Mobile order food from wherever you are, for less wait time at mealtime. Order Now! Don't forget to Turn Wait Time Into Play Time! Interact with the parks like never before with the Play Disney Parks Mobile App! Let's Play!

Haha!

Should the app be able to show all your dining reservations? No matter what I try, it will only pull up my first night's dining reservation. I am concerned that if this doesn't improve, I won't be able to cancel reservations while there. Also, I tried to add a reservation a few moments ago and it gives me a try again later message. My pre-paid parking vouchers say that I should be able to scan them into the app, but every time I have tried for the last few days, it gives me a technical difficulty message. Before this update, would all these things I've mentioned worked? Should I be able to scan my parking passes? See all my dining reservations?

When I try to use the app it says "Sorry, your current age makes you ineligible for a Disney account." Is this age discrimination? I was old enough last time I used my account.

When I try to use the app it says "Sorry, your current age makes you ineligible for a Disney account." Is this age discrimination? I was old enough last time I used my account.
They are having issues with accounts right now I got a pop when I just opened the app a few minutes ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter