• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland and Vegas

D'AngelosdoDisney

<font color=FF66FF>Will hopefully accept the Tag F
Ok, Now I have lost my mind. Going to Vegas with DH in October. Playing to stay for 5 nights. Well, I have these hoppers that are burning in my pocket! I was thinking, leave hubby to gamble and go to DL. Haven't been there in over 10 years. Has anyone done this? If so, what form of transportation. I hate the idea of taking another plan since I just flew from the east coast. I am looking for tour bus or train??.......... Or, should I just keep my money in Vegas.... By the way, my husband will kill me when he hears this idea! TIA :Pinkbounc :confused: :confused:

logistics aside...... I think doing Vegas for 3 nights and Dl for 2 sounds like a great idea !:D

do you all ready have your plane tickets ? Probably too late to fly into McClarren and out of LAX.:(

It probably is quicker and perhaps cheap to fly. Check fares on Southwest Airlines if you haven't yet. We used to fly between LV and LA for very little.

We did a week in Vegas last October, then hit DL for a few days. We rented a car and drove to CA - if I am remembering correctly, the drive was about 4 hours. We then drove back to LAS and to fly back home.

We just figured since we were so close to DL, we just had to go!

Kristi

You might fly into Orange County (John Wayne Airport). Driving, bus, etc. would probably cut into your "play" time too much to be worthwhile.

Airfare between Las Vegas and John Wayne is usuallly around $100 round trip which may be cheaper than renting a car. America West has a lot of direct flights between the two. Vegas also has a lot to offer, especially if you haven't been in years. So you probably won't go wrong with either plan. Have fun!:D

Did that last year.

Flew Aloha Air. It was cheaper than Southwest. But still around $100 US. Used John Wayne Airport, it was only a few minutes to the park. So the Taxi's weren't bad.

Flew out at 8 AM. Taxi to the park, checked my over night bag in a locker (use a small overnight bag the lockers were small), CA on day one. Went to an Angels- Jays game that night, as well.

Checked into my hotel late that night, and out early AM.

Then DL for all of the next day.
Taxi back to the Airport that night for a 9 PM flight back to Vegas.

A bit rushed. Little bit of a whirlwind tour and I definitely tried to squeeze too much in but I'm definitely glad I did it.

I went to visit family in May in Las Vegas, and did drive to DL/DCA for Mother's day weekend. I was renting a car the entire 8 days I was in LV, so the rental was a given. The ride took about 4 hours as previously stated, and wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Rt 15 is highly travelled, so I was not out there alone; speed limit is 75mph. My two teen cousins went with me for this quick overnight trip (see trip report). I would have liked to spend another day, so the drive did cut into that, but mostly because the girls had school on Monday (one starts at 7am). If it's something you really want to do, go for it. There is plenty to see in Vegas though. Have a great time either way!

PS: Yes, I rode the rollercoaster at the Stratosphere.

Where's John Wayne? I was considering flying from Vegas to Los Angeles for the $19 on Southwest, but don't know Calif. at all. Is John Wayne in Los Angeles? I think someone mentioned flying into Orange Co. Mapblast said that Los Angeles airport was 32 miles from Anaheim. Is another closer? How do you get from airport to DL? Do the hotels have shuttles? Do you rent a car? Public bus? I'm a pro at WDW but know nothing about DL yet! Thanks in advance.

Sorry - I should have clarified... John Wayne Airport *IS* Orange County airport. It's about 20 minutes away from DL in Santa Ana. You can take a taxi or the SuperShuttle for about $10 one-way (I think).

Hey all THANKS, Was away for a few days so didnt get a chance to check posts. Really like the flying, especially south west. Just have bad times during my stay. Wouldn't get to DL till about 3pm. Well, guess i keep checking or give it up.... By the way, I have employee passes. Good for DL and CA. Maybe I wont get to see the mouse this year:rolleyes:

then going to Disneyland for seven more. Flying in an dout of Vegas. Driving to Disney.

What rental car companies do you recommend? Any restrictions
on out of state driving???

There are 5 of us 2 adults 3 kids. Going Aug 17 thru 31. Spur of the moment trip.

When I did this same trip last year, I used Dollar. No problem driving to CA and back. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter