Disneyland 1st Timers Ticket Question(s)

2skibums

Earning My Ears
We are three WDW vets (DH, DGD & myself) making our first trip to Disneyland & DCA in April, staying outside the resort. Our first thought is 4 day hoppers, but for the difference in price would the 5 day hoppers be better? We also plan a 1 day excursion to Knotts Berry Farm. We may not get back there (for a while at least) and want to experience as much as possible. Also, what is the best way to purchase tickets?

May I ask where you're staying? If you're really unsure about 4 or 5 days, I would just start with a 4 day and upgrade if you feel like you need another day. You could just buy tickets when you get there unless you want to save time beforehand. California doesn't charge tax on theme park tickets so buying online doesn't help you avoid tax or anything. I'm unaware of discounted resellers like for WDW.

Way.com seems to have the best price on tickets. Just read the fine print. Not all tickets have magic morning or are upgradable.

We are three WDW vets (DH, DGD & myself) making our first trip to Disneyland & DCA in April, staying outside the resort. Our first thought is 4 day hoppers, but for the difference in price would the 5 day hoppers be better? We also plan a 1 day excursion to Knotts Berry Farm. We may not get back there (for a while at least) and want to experience as much as possible. Also, what is the best way to purchase tickets?

I think 5 days is better if you can swing the extra cost and day there. Especially since you say you want to see as much as possible and won't be back for a while. Our last trip was 4 days and we wish we had more time in the parks.

May I ask where you're staying? If you're really unsure about 4 or 5 days, I would just start with a 4 day and upgrade if you feel like you need another day. You could just buy tickets when you get there unless you want to save time beforehand. California doesn't charge tax on theme park tickets so buying online doesn't help you avoid tax or anything. I'm unaware of discounted resellers like for WDW.

We booked Peacock Suites with RCI. We will use Super Shuttle from & to the airport and ART for local transportation We originally thought 4 day hoppers would be fine but are leaning towards the 5 day, but as you say, we can always add a day. Unlike going to WDW where we get to spend 8 full days on a 7 night trip we will be using the first and last days as travel days.

I think 5 days is better if you can swing the extra cost and day there. Especially since you say you want to see as much as possible and won't be back for a while. Our last trip was 4 days and we wish we had more time in the parks.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info. I will talk with my DH and let him know that you found that 4 days wasn't enough.

Way.com seems to have the best price on tickets. Just read the fine print. Not all tickets have magic morning or are upgradable.

Thanks, good to know. I see aRes listed as a reputable seller on Mousesavers.com too. I will be sure to check for the magic morning option as well on both sites. I think we can use it once only.

You can get 5% off Disney gift cards at Target if you use your Red Card. With pharmacy rewards that increases to 10%. If you purchase tickets at the gate or at a Disney store you can use unlimited gift cards.

You can get 5% off Disney gift cards at Target if you use your Red Card. With pharmacy rewards that increases to 10%. If you purchase tickets at the gate or at a Disney store you can use unlimited gift cards.

It's actually not 10% because they don't stack the discounts prior to applying them. So if you spend $100 the red card will take it down to $95, the the pharmacy reward will be another 5% off $95, so it will be $90.25. Not a lot for a $100 purchase, but the .25% difference adds up if, say you're buying enough gift cards for a family of 4 to buy APs and a hotel stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter