• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland ½ Marathon Weekend~2012 Check-in!

And the firemen in tuxes handing them out to you really help!

You guys are going to love the 5k! I think it's my fave out of all the races that I've done. Probably b/c there's no pressure b/c of the 1/2 the next day, but there's something about the 5k I just really like. And b/c there are only so many people compared to the 1/2, the park is a lot more quiet and the way the sun hits the landmarks when it's coming up... :love: It's just a really great way to enjoy the park in a way you normally wouldn't and many don't.

Couldn't find the website for this race...anyone have it? I may need to consider doing that next yaer. :thumbsup2

Couldn't find the website for this race...anyone have it? I may need to consider doing that next yaer. :thumbsup2

The lottery closed yesterday. It was really hard to find this year. I didn't see a reg link on their race blog, only on their facebook page. But keep checking out their facebook page in the next couple of weeks. If it's like last year, after they announce the people who got in, they have a contest for people who use their Nike+. You sign up and then log your runs for a month and they pick 100 from the runners. They've done it the past 2 years, so they might do it again this year. Their facebook page is under NWM 26.2. Sorry you missed it! But definitely book their facebook page. It's better than their race blog and you'll get more info from there. It's actually surprising how bad their race site is considering they've done it for a while and it's Nike. For their actually race site, if you go onto the Nike page and I think it's under events or something like that. Good luck if you do the contest!

I did get into the Color Run!! Went on early just to have the site up and the reg button was already there so I got in. And it sold out again for the 2nd wave.

Saw the 52 Club thing and am going for that one as well. I love the sweatshirt. So simple, but I guess it's the little things that get you. :rotfl2:

The big one I'm waiting on right now is NY. Luckily the wait will be over on Wed, but it seems like forever. As much as I want to get in, my credit card is hoping a little bit I don't get in until next year. I was looking at hotel prices for the weekend, and they are crazy. And w/ Marathon Weekend and Tink back to back right off the bat in January, $ is going to be tight. The tiny bit of saving grace there is that my AP will still be good until the end of Jan, so I don't have to worry about park tix for those races.

Yeah I'm waiting to hear back from NYC and NWM 1/2 also on the lottery (it should be noted if I manage to get into NYC I will most likely defer since you have guaranteed entree for the next year, three halfs and a backpacking trip not a problem, two halfs, a full, and a backpacking trip maybe a problem though). I just took a peak at the other necklaces from the previous years for the NWM. They all ready had me sold on the race but I think they may have just sold me more. Hope I don't go nuts waiting to hear the results.

Your doing Tink and Marathon weekend? Kudos to you I had to give up Tink when RunDisney made the crappy (in my opinion) to move the two race weekends :rolleyes2. I will probably be back to my normal self by mid-week post race but that doesn't necessarily will have the will power or body to make the turn around. Still think it was one of the stupidest things done in a long time by moving weekends. What was the point? The races were perfectly fine where they were. Hell Disney was probably making a boatload of money off of a large group of runners because they had people coming in for C2C. Now they are going to lose almost all of the Goofy runners and a large portion of the full marathoners.

Registration for the 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon will open Tuesday, June 12 at 12:00 pm EDT. :)

Yeah I'm waiting to hear back from NYC and NWM 1/2 also on the lottery Hope I don't go nuts waiting to hear the results.

Your doing Tink and Marathon weekend? Kudos to you I had to give up Tink when RunDisney made the crappy (in my opinion) to move the two race weekends :rolleyes2. I will probably be back to my normal self by mid-week post race but that doesn't necessarily will have the will power or body to make the turn around. Still think it was one of the stupidest things done in a long time by moving weekends. What was the point? The races were perfectly fine where they were. Hell Disney was probably making a boatload of money off of a large group of runners because they had people coming in for C2C. Now they are going to lose almost all of the Goofy runners and a large portion of the full marathoners.

Agree w/ you on the waiting thing! I'm glad I live out here so I won't have to wait midday on Wednesday to hear from NY. I know the chances are slim, but I'm really hoping on this one. If not, I'm guaranteed next year b/c of the old 3 year rule, so no big worries. Good luck w/ the lottos!

As for Tink... it is definitely going to be an "experience". Not planning on anything major that race, just to finish. Don't think many people will be doing C2C w/ WDW weekend, but I got sucked in by the whole legacy runner chance. Plus, it really helps that I live in CA, so Tink's a little easier travelwise. I'm trying to make up my mind on the 5k Friday night, but if it's attached to a park tix again, then it's a definite no. That will be weird if I don't, b/c I've always done the 5k/1/2 for the DL races. As of right now, the plans are to do a red-eye to FL Thursday night and the 1st flight out on Wed. Then down to DL Fri or Sat depending on the 5k, and 1/2 way home on Sun.

And the change of weekends wasn't thought out that well for this year I think. I get the change of weekends, b/c that's what they did after the 1st DL race. It was held in the middle of Sept and they then changed it to Labor Day. Probably to give people an extra day on Monday w/o work and the chance to stay over on Sundays. I think the thing that throws off the timing is that WDW is a week later so it's back to back. I think that'll be 1 of the few times it happens. And then in the future there is a week in b/w.

Registration for the 2013 Tinker Bell Half Marathon will open Tuesday, June 12 at 12:00 pm EDT. :)

Fingers crossed for a discount offer!! I'm also hoping that the 5k doesn't have the included twilight tix this time and it's just a reg fee.

So excited ~ going down this weekend! It's actually the 1st time in 6 years that I'm going w/ no races to run. I really want to do the DCA power walk, but staying at HoJos, so don't think they'll let me. I'll still ask just in case, maybe they'll let me. :rolleyes1 If not, a nice quiet run around the parks and through DTD early Sunday morning, when it's nice and quiet, and no one is out and they're washing down the walk ways. :cloud9:

I'm soooo nervous to hear about NYC! I have to see my podiatrist tomorrow morning to get my new orthotics. At least he's a runner so he'll understand why I'm a nut job. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I really hope I get in.

I'm soooo nervous to hear about NYC! I have to see my podiatrist tomorrow morning to get my new orthotics. At least he's a runner so he'll understand why I'm a nut job. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I really hope I get in.

Me too! I"ve been okay and trying not to go too crazy but every now and then it pops in my head that by this time tomorrow I'll know and I get little butterflies in my stomach. Completely get the not trying to get hopes up type of thing. I keep repeating "only 8%, only 8%" in my head. :rotfl2: Thankfully, I have DL to look forward this weekend otherwise that's all I'd be thinking about.

Good luck tomorrow!!

Did you get in? I got a big no. But I'm in next year, so that's okay.

Hope the podiatrist went well!

Did you get in? I got a big no. But I'm in next year, so that's okay.

Hope the podiatrist went well!

Didn't make it in :-( So now I have to decide what to do for a fall marathon. It's my first, so I want a special race.

I walked into the exam room at my podiatrist and there was a huge plaque of him from the 2002 Disney Marathon. I knew he had done goofy the ice year, but I didn't realize how many Disney marathons he had done!

I walked into the exam room at my podiatrist and there was a huge plaque of him from the 2002 Disney Marathon. I knew he had done goofy the ice year, but I didn't realize how many Disney marathons he had done!

I love the races! They're my fave! Since starting in '07 I've done the DL ones every year and 1 in WDW every other year. They are so much fun and the people who run it are always so friendly. Plus it's an excuse to go down to the parks!

For anyone who's interested, saw on the site today that they added a necklace to the list of commemorative items for the weekend. I saw the tink one and they had the logo and a tink, curious to see what this one will be.

I love the races! They're my fave! Since starting in '07 I've done the DL ones every year and 1 in WDW every other year. They are so much fun and the people who run it are always so friendly. Plus it's an excuse to go down to the parks!

For anyone who's interested, saw on the site today that they added a necklace to the list of commemorative items for the weekend. I saw the tink one and they had the logo and a tink, curious to see what this one will be.

I love Disney races too! Heading to WDW for EEC next weekend!

I love Disney races too! Heading to WDW for EEC next weekend!

Oh my goodness! I've always wanted to do that race, it looks like so much fun and a obstacle course/scavengerhunt at AK! And the medal is so cool. You have to come back and give a small race report. Good luck!

Not really a big fan of his plans. I made my own a couple of years ago combining Higdon's plan and one from Cool Runnings that I use. But on the upside, that only means we're getting closer!! :yay:

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking here and on the WISH thread. But I just got plane tickets yesterday so I figure now its official!

This will be my 3rd 1/2. First was Wine & Dine 2011, Second was Princess Half in 2012, and now Disneyland Half in August. I want my Coast to Coast for this year! I thought the Disneyland Half was sold out but when I was at the Princess Expo they had a few more slots open up if you registered there. So I did!

I want DH with me, and we weren't sure it would work with plane prices, but Virgin Air is having some fabulous deal on roundtrips from PDX to LAX so we jumped on it. Flying in Saturday early AM and leaving Sunday later PM with one night at a Good Neighbor (Probably Clarion) and possibly two twilight tickets for Saturday evening after we do the EXPO. A whirlwind trip, for sure!

Anyway, HI to everyone! I also saw that the Galloway training started today, and I debated it, but I already use some other fitness programs that work well for me so I will probably stick with that. I hope to run a sub 2:30 half, with a more specific goal of 2:10 or 2:15.

- Carey

Kim~ I know what you mean. I'm definitely modifying it. 2 things I like about it: This is my first big run and I like that he encourages walk intervals. I feel like my training is going better because I am giving myself permission to walk a little during longer runs. (I still need to catch my breath!). And also, I like that it gives me a countdown. So...like you said...we're getting closer!

Getting closer! :yay: I'm planning on joining a 1/2 Marathon Clinic near my home but unfortunately it doesn't start until the first week of June. I think I'm going to need that extra push to get out there and run during the hot summer weather and figured this is probably the way to go. I might try taking a bit from both programs and trying to make it work.

Anyone else doing the Diva Half in SF this weekend? I have to admit, I kind of forgot about it with my move to Anaheim but finally worked out something with my work schedule to make it back for it. I'll probably be walking the majority of it though. I haven't been running as much as I should be lately. But half the battle is knowing that I can do it.

The Jeff Galloway 18 week training program starts this week!

Anyone else following this program?

I was going to try it this time.

Not really a big fan of his plans. I made my own a couple of years ago combining Higdon's plan and one from Cool Runnings that I use. But on the upside, that only means we're getting closer!! :yay:

I used Higdon's plan for my first Half.

Anyone else doing the Diva Half in SF this weekend? I have to admit, I kind of forgot about it with my move to Anaheim but finally worked out something with my work schedule to make it back for it. I'll probably be walking the majority of it though. I haven't been running as much as I should be lately. But half the battle is knowing that I can do it.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter