• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyholics Anonymous

Wunderwoman

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm Carol. And I'm a Disneyholic.

Up until about a month ago, I was in denial. Sure, I would visit the Disneyworld website at least once a week, but who doesn't? Sure, I'm always planning my next trip to Disney, but doesn't everyone? And, yes, I have over twenty little disney pins that I've purchased over the years...But I'm not a Pin Trader. Only a crazy person would turn collecting those cute little pins into an official hobby!

No, I was a very sensible person who simply admired the creative effort that is put into the massive collection of parks and attractions known as Walt Disney World.

But then I went so far as purchase an Annual Passport. I told myself it was just so I would get a discount on the 7 nights hotel stay my friends and I were planning in September. The cost of tickets and the savings I would get by having the passport would be worth the cost.

And, since I was going to be in the area last weekend anyway, I might as well make a trip over to disney to pick the passport up and 'break it in'. I might as well, right?

I spent the entire weekend at the Magic Kingdom, and am now hoping I can go back down again in August.

Hi. My name is Carol, and I'm a Disneyholic. At what point did you come to realize your addiction?

Hi, I'm Carol. And I'm a Disneyholic.

Up until about a month ago, I was in denial. Sure, I would visit the Disneyworld website at least once a week, but who doesn't? Sure, I'm always planning my next trip to Disney, but doesn't everyone? And, yes, I have over twenty little disney pins that I've purchased over the years...But I'm not a Pin Trader. Only a crazy person would turn collecting those cute little pins into an official hobby!

No, I was a very sensible person who simply admired the creative effort that is put into the massive collection of parks and attractions known as Walt Disney World.

But then I went so far as purchase an Annual Passport. I told myself it was just so I would get a discount on the 7 nights hotel stay my friends and I were planning in September. The cost of tickets and the savings I would get by having the passport would be worth the cost.

And, since I was going to be in the area last weekend anyway, I might as well make a trip over to disney to pick the passport up and 'break it in'. I might as well, right?

I spent the entire weekend at the Magic Kingdom, and am now hoping I can go back down again in August.

Hi. My name is Carol, and I'm a Disneyholic. At what point did you come to realize your addiction?

Um. . .Hi Carol. . .I have been a Disneyholic for more years than I can count, though I must admit my addiction came about at DLR in California. . .I have been an AP holder there for more years than I can count. So, then I decided to take an Impromptu trip to WDW in May (and already had a trip planned for August with my son) and realized it would be cheaper to purchase an AP instead of tickets. . .and then I could reap rewards galore by saving on hotel stays and some of the DTD restaurants and shops. . .well, now let me tell you. . .that AP has become an obsession. . .like, okay when can I go again. . .hmmm, I have some time off in September. . .and I am definitely going at Christmas, and hey, maybe I can do a weekend in January. . .get the picture? So now my addiction has crossed the DLR/WDW lines and has become more of an obsession. . .

Hello, my name is Darcy, and I am a Disneyholic. . .

Um. . .Hi Carol. . .I have been a Disneyholic for more years than I can count, though I must admit my addiction came about at DLR in California. . .I have been an AP holder there for more years than I can count. So, then I decided to take an Impromptu trip to WDW in May (and already had a trip planned for August with my son) and realized it would be cheaper to purchase an AP instead of tickets. . .and then I could reap rewards galore by saving on hotel stays and some of the DTD restaurants and shops. . .well, now let me tell you. . .that AP has become an obsession. . .like, okay when can I go again. . .hmmm, I have some time off in September. . .and I am definitely going at Christmas, and hey, maybe I can do a weekend in January. . .get the picture? So now my addiction has crossed the DLR/WDW lines and has become more of an obsession. . .

Hello, my name is Darcy, and I am a Disneyholic. . .

OK, I will confess that I could also be a Disney-aholic, working at a theme park for 17 years and getting discounts to the world kind of put me into that mood.

Yes although I have moved on I still have maintained at least one trip a year, and have since become a DVC owner as well.....

One Step Program to Eliminate Being a Disney-aholic:

Step One: We have identified that we have this problem.

Step One: We visit the world at least once a year, with trips becoming longer each year.

Step One: We offer our knowledge of the world to others quietly - "yes we've been there and it is an OK vacation".

Step One: We get other DIS'rs, family or friends involved in our trips so our problem isn't as noticeable as we become more involved in their trips, thereby reducing the planning of our own trips.

Step One: Obtain a job at the "world" or "land" thereby reducing the trip planning to zero as you will be going on your off days with other cast members.

Sorry should be Five Step Program as I was distracted by the planning of my next trip...............

I confess to being a DisneyParkaholic. As a 6-7 year-old, I thought special effects in Disney live action films were really fake looking and distracting, so I didn't become a Disneyfilmphile, though I liked Disney animation. Even recent Disney films' use of CGI seems to lag behind other film releases' CGI.:sad2: I like seamless CGI that I can't detect. On the other hand, Disney parks have always been the absolute best at theming.:worship: Attention to detail brings fantasy and far off lands to reality in Disney parks. KJS is a return to the Serengeti.:thumbsup2

I just love WDW. My kids (25,22,18) think I'm a bit crazy but it's just such a great place to visit. We've stayed 4/5 and 7 days and no one complained but my youngest son will sometimes say,"can't we go somewhere else this time?" to which I answer,"I don't think so!". In fact last year my son and daughter-in-law planned their wedding around out family trip to WDW. This year I'm going down with a co-worker for 4 days (not really long enough but it's the beginning of the school year and I hate to start out being GONE.) I felt guilty going without them this time but they do their own traveling and I got over it! I'm going to celebrate my 55th birthday and will be their for the free dining plan (which is what really got me to commit, as I've never gotten to take a vacation during that time of year.)I'm so excited about going. I read these posts everyday (several times a day!) just to see what everyone else is doing. I would love to be able to go several times of year , at different times as we've always gone in June, July or Aug. because of the kids being in school and me teaching. SO... suffice it to say , I, too , am a Disneyaholic and proud of it!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am also an addict. It started with the holidays decorating the tree only in Disney and all matching stockings,holders musicals etc. Then I did the entire kitchen in Disney. The mickey table,dishes,canisters etc. Then I did the bathrooms in Minnie Mouse shower curtain, window curtains, wall border when I had a toilet seat made my husband told me I was obsessed. For our cookouts everthing is served on Disney. My husband added a room on in our house where he could hang with the guys and not be surrounded by Disney. It lasted about 2 months before I got the Mickey and Minnie big figures. I then bought a Disney bench for outside and realized it shouldn't be out so that went in his room and looked bare so I bought the 4 ft Mickey and Minnie to put on it. Then slowly one by one the disney picture frames started to go on the coffee tables. DH finally thought he has seen it all until I got the Grollier Disney Alphabet Block Collection.

hi carol and everyone i too am addicted to disney..i feel no shame though. i love it, dh swears it takes years off his life when we go. he says a yearly trip is vital to his health :rotfl: (he's only 38 ) ds loves it. i come back from our trips and start planning where we will stay next. so far i think next time we will be at csr, but i would like to try our cr and akl and maybe (if gas prices go down) the year after next the gf for our 20th anniversary!!! i am starting to collect disney things, our fridge is loaded with disney magnets and i love the tee shirts and last trip got started in the stuffed themed mickeys! my name is pam and i am totally additced and i won't change!

I am also an addict. It started with the holidays decorating the tree only in Disney and all matching stockings,holders musicals etc. Then I did the entire kitchen in Disney. The mickey table,dishes,canisters etc. Then I did the bathrooms in Minnie Mouse shower curtain, window curtains, wall border when I had a toilet seat made my husband told me I was obsessed. For our cookouts everthing is served on Disney. My husband added a room on in our house where he could hang with the guys and not be surrounded by Disney. It lasted about 2 months before I got the Mickey and Minnie big figures. I then bought a Disney bench for outside and realized it shouldn't be out so that went in his room and looked bare so I bought the 4 ft Mickey and Minnie to put on it. Then slowly one by one the disney picture frames started to go on the coffee tables. DH finally thought he has seen it all until I got the Grollier Disney Alphabet Block Collection.

it sounds soooo cute! :)

I am not an addict, I can quit anytime I want.... I just don't want to

I don't have a problem. Doing it for the forth time in a year in Sept.
That works out to only 18% of the year and really that is such a small number, how can that be a problem???
p.s. I haven't even told my husband about my solo trip in Dec. hehehhe shhhh.

I love how your thinking is
That works out to only 18% of the year and really that is such a small number,
and I so agree with it, too! :) he he! and don't worry, I will not tell your dh, anything about it, either. ;)

DisneyDonna,

Your home sounds sound cute! OMG! especially the kitchen.
Lets face it, if your dh, wants to have his own room, he will have to put a lock on it, or else the mouse shall be movin right on in! :) he he!

Hello, my name is Kristine, and some people hate or disapprove otherwise, of what I say, or do not approve of how I say it, oh..........sorry.......wait that is a different topic! ;)
Anyway, I have liked Dl for as long as I can remember, I have not been as of yet, to WDW! that is something I am not happy about either! anyway, last year, I ended up doing at Dl, exactly what I had always sworn not to do, and that was to not begin pin collecting, (because of obsession possibilities , and cost involved) but I went ahead, and did it anyway, so now, it is rather painful when for example Disney, releases a new HM pin, or POTC pin, and it is very limited, and you cannot get to the park, at that time, and you know those e bay sellers, will be snapping them right up! sharks! well, they can be! you can also find pretty good prices on ebay HM etc. pins as well, I will admit that. Anyway, so there I am, selecting the lanyard, POTC. of course, and then pin, after pin, etc. I even ended up going over my shopping budget, oh well!
So therefore, in conclusion, seeing how my Disney behavior, (for that is not even all of it) I would have to state that I too, suffer? ;) from this affliction called Disneyholic!
What I am the most of, however, is a CHOCOHOLIC! :) HE HE!

Hello, I'm Michelle... and I am a Disneyholic!
The good thing is my DH is as well. We make at least 2 trips per year (since 2005, when my son was old enough to ride most of the rides), we are DVC owners, and our house is slowly filling up with Disney souviners. We have a wall and mantle in our bedroom dedicated to memorabilia from our trip, including a picture on the wall from each trip. (It's filling up fast!) People think we are crazy for going the same place time after time, but only those of you who are fellow Disneyholics can truly understand. This is one addiction I don't want to break!

hi my name is Sam I'm disneyholic i go to you tube and watch videos of Disney world attractions :rotfl2:

Due to your annual frequency how many times do you have your AP replaced because it can no longer be read by the scanners at the admission gate???

The scanner took it fine, but it started to crack from going into and out of the pouch for fast passes, so I had to have it replaced one time.

Mark: Hello.

Crowd: Hello.

Mark: My name is Mark, and I am a Disneyholic.

Crowd: Hello, Mark.

Mark: Here is my 12-step program:

Twelve Steps

1. We admitted we were powerless over the spirit of Disney - that our lives had become entangled.

2. Came to believe that a Mickey greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Walt as we understood him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our Disney stuff.

5. Admitted to Mickey, to the spirit of Disney, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our addiction.

6. Were entirely ready to have the spirit of Disney enhance all these additions to our character.

7. Humbly asked the spirit of Disney to remove any recollection of Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags over Anywhere, Busch Gardens, Cedar Point, Kings Dominion and other inferior themed parks from our minds.

8. Made a list of all persons we knew who loved Disney, and became willing to assist them in their love of things Disney.

9. Render direct assistance to Disney neophytes wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others (for example, while in an inferior theme park).

10. Continued to take personal inventory of our Disney stuff and when we were missing something promptly bought it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the spirit of Disney and of Walt as we understood them, praying only for greater Disney knowledge for us and the power to acquire it.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Crowd: Thank you, Mark.

Mark: Today I spent too much time on the DISBoards.

Crowd: What's wrong with that? We care about you, Mark.

(apologies to AA, etc.)

Mark

Hi, my name is Gina and I am a Disneyholic.
I have only been to DLR 3x and WDW 1x and Paris DL 1x. I live way up in Canada which is sad because we can't get the Disney visa up here:mad: makes me mad.
Anyway, I digress. I really have started going Disneyholicish this past year since getting back from WDW. I am planning my next trip and the one after that and the one after that!
The sad thing is everyone thinks I'm dumb because I only want to go to WDW. What's wrong with me? What's wrong with them!
Looks like my trips will be solo for awhile. Anyway, I haven't got any Disney homedec but I have pins! Oh yes and Disney movie dvds. Lots of them.
I am not addicted to Disney, I just love it.:cheer2:
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter