DisneyFiles and other member address visible...

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Did anybody else receive their most current DisneyFiles magazine and were able to read another member's name and address?

I can't tell if the other member name is under my label or if it's just impressed onto mine from wet ink but I can clearly read another DVC member's information.

I have written DVC an email expressing my concerns as privacy laws are quite strict in Canada. I didn't email them to threaten any course of action but just to have them be aware of what I received and what I could read. I have asked them to contact me back as I am curious as to what they say/what info they have on this...

I know for work -- we have a DB of members -- anything with member info like their address needs to be locked/secured and if anything needs to be disposed it must be shredded and disposed of in a secure manner-- this isn't our company policy but rather due to Canadian privacy laws.

I am not saying another DVC member will do anything bad with my name/address but I still don't want it 'out there'

Anybody else concerned? :confused3

I think you can find out a lot about all the members by going on the Orange County Comptroller's website and do a search.. every member's info is on there, including address I believe!

Deeds are public record, and readily available on the internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter