DisneyAunt's Much Needed Solo Trip **DAY 3 Complete Page 2**

pumba said:
thank you so much.......and yes you made me roar with laughter.....I have had the bug incident only being from Maine I screamed.....we are the other couple that does not do atm or debit or whatever the heck they are called....we pay ....thanks again for your day in the parks

Glad to hear that I am not the only one who pays for things the old fashioned way.

Here I am sitting in my office, it's a quiet day and no one is bothering me as of yet. Of course i have a ton of peperwork to do and just don't feel like doing it. I actually can't stop reading the DIS boards! Isn't that sick....I think it's a disease. I'm looking at my calendar and trying to figure out when I can take my next solo trip. I have decided that when I would like to retire in WDW....not Orlando....but in WDW. I just have to figure out how to do that. Maybe I can sleep in the castle somewhere, maybe no one will notice me. Enough chit chat on to my Day 3.

Day 3 The Move to OKW

I awoke at about 7:30am the next morning. My tummy was feeling better but I felt really groggy....those darn drugs, they do it to you everytime. I layed in bed for a bit contemplating how I was going to get without causing myself pain. Did I mention how awful that bed was? I moved slowly....hey...my back was feeling a bit better. I knew I needed a nice hot shower to get me going. I carefully get myself up and yes the pain is still there but it was not as bad as it was last night and I knew that once I was up and around I would feel better. I also realized that I had to leave DIsney Motel 6 and head over to OKW which would require me to pack up all my junk and move it. I didn't know how I was going to accomplish that. Priority now was a hot shower. I took the hotest shower possible, I was in there for a good 45 minutes and it felt great. I got out and started getting myself together. My achin back was still achin' but I was able to move around. I finally had everything together. I'll never know how one person could have so much stuff!!

I carefully piled things on to my rolling suitcase so that I could get everything into the car with one trip. It actually worked out quite well and I didn't strain my achin' back. The problem was lifting my overpacked suitcase into the trunk of my car, but I ran across a very nice young southern gentleman who graciously came over and offered to give me a hand. I must have looked pathetic or something. But I think it was my guardian angel looking over my shoulder. I profusely thanked him and I was off to OKW.

As I approached OKW I really felt at home. I was hoping they would have a room ready so that I could make myself comfortable. There was no wait at all and the very nice CM asked if I had a preference for any room. I told him I would love a room with a comfortable bed and possibly an elevator building or 1st floor because I really couldn't handle dragging my suitcase up the stairs. I told him about my achin' back and the POP beds. (I'll try not to call it Disney motel 6 anymore....I reall don't want to offend anyone.) He had a studio ready for me on the first floor and it had a nice view. I'll take it I said. Oh...wait a minute...."is it a non-smoking room", I asked. He said yes that is what you had requested. Thank You! Check-in was flawless and timely. I made it to my room and I never realized how spoiled I had become with DVC. I was happy to see my comfortable beds, microwave, refrigerator and all the other amenities I can no longer vacation without. I tried to lay down to relax a bit but I was to giddy and wanted to go to a park.

I decided to head over to MGM. Even though this was peak season and spring break time....the park was not overly crowded. I again took my time shopped, and then I head over to see One Man's Dream...I had heard so many good things about and was mesmorized by the mueseum in the que area. I absolutely loved the movie and yes had a few tears. Walt had passion, that's how you create your vision, never let anyone take your vision or passion away from you. It was real inspiring. Next time I take the kids I will have to bring them in to see this. Next I chatted with a CM who happened to be from close to my hometown. She actually stopped me because she was looking at my T-shirt. It was a T-shirt from a race that I sponsor in town. I actually got a lot of comments on the T-shirt that day. it was nice not to be in a rush and just walk around. I thought about what I was going to do next, I didn't want to do anything that would cause my achin' back to ache more. So TOT was out, Star Tours was out, RNR was out, that left me with the shows. Well most of the shows start at 11am and I really wanted to go to Epcot to have lunch at Le Cellier by 11:30am. So I just decided to walk around and take in the sites. It was such a pleasant day and my back wasn't bothering me while walking so it was a good thing. I didn't do much and I actually made my way out of the park, but first I browsed through the shops. It was nice to be able to take your time without anyone rushing you. I make a few small purchases and head over to Epcot.

At Epcot I decided to bring my camera with me. I had planned on taking some scenery pictures. The only drawback with my camera is that it is big and I can't put it in my pocket....but it takes really nice pictures. The first thng I did when I got there is I hightailed it over to Soarin'. I wanted to see what the wait was, and of course it was 90 minutes. So I got a fast pass...the return time was 4pm. I wasn't sure if I would be in the park at that time or not, I figured I could always come back just for that. I made my over to Le Cellier, I had been craving their soup. I was a woman on a mission. On the way over I took some great pictures....I was able to wait for people to walk by I wasn't rushed. And now that I have developed the pictures I have quite a few that I am going to enlarge and hang in my office. At Le Cellier it was quite crowded it a was just past 11:30. I asked for a table for 1 and got a few stares....it really didn't bother me. I don't know them and they don't know me. I was seated about 15 minutes later and was ready to order when the very nice waiter came by. I order my beloved soup and open face steak sandwhich. It was delicious. I thought about having a beer but changed my mind...I didn't want to get tired. Lunch was very enjoyable and I was quite comfortable sitting by myself. Gave me time to think of what I was going to do next.

I had made plans with my best friend for a spa day the next day. I was going to meet her and her husband for dinner tonight and she would stay with me at OKW and then would be off to SSR for our girls day out. I promised her I would pick up some pastries from France and she promised me she would bring 2 bottles of wine for our gab session tonight. So my mission was France and Pastries. But first I strolled leisurely through the world taking some pictures. I decided on getting the goodies right before I planned to leave because I didn't want them to spoil and I didn't want to carry them. They have to most delicable pastries and of course bought more than what we would be able to eat. So what who cares...I'm on vacation and I was on the verge of a mental meltdown.

I was tired by then and decided to head back to OKW and take a nap and use my ice pack which I had put in the freezer. It was such a beautiful day I didn't want to stay in the room but I knew I needed to rest. I loved my studio at OKW it was very spacious. I layed on the bed and was out cold in minutes. I was awoken by my cell phone. I had turned it on because I was expecting my best friends call. It was now about 2:30pm and I could have probably slept all afternoon. She said they would meet me at Bahama Breezes at about 5:30 I said no problem....that would allow me time to go ride Soarin'. I was so excited to see her....I saw her breifly during my November trip but her and I didn't get to spend quality time because I had the whole family there and she had her 2 little girls with her. So this was goign to be our time together to catch up and vent to each other. I actually managed to fall asleep again..I guess I needed it. I woke up about 3:30...my back was feeling much better not a 100% but better. I got myself ready and actually put some make-up on. I hadn't put a stitch of make up on my whole trip it was nice. But since I was going out with friends I decided it would be appropriate. I was heading over to Epcot to go ride Soarin' before I met up with them.

I made it to Soarin' and was very happy to just walk in the Fast Pass lane because the wait time now was 120 minutes. I couldn't believe the people waiting 2 hours to ride this. Obviously not Dis'ers, and people who have nver heard of TGM, or the Unofficial Guide. But let that be our secret. As I am walking in....an elderly gentleman who was waiting in the standby line asks me what time I got my fastpass I told him it was about 11am....then he starts asking me all sorts of questions about fast pass....hey buddy...I am on time contraints....and I don't intend on entertaining you while you choose to wait 120 minutes for this ride. I politely told him I was holding up the fastpass line and was on my way. I had a very nice couple in front of me and what looked to be a magical gathering family behind me. They had a few small children who were a little antsy...the mother kept apologizing to me for them. ...I told her not to worry we were in Disney and the kids are excited. She was relieved that I was laid back. A CM was asking for a party of 3 well the couple in front of me was 2 and I was 1 .....so I asked them if the would like to be a party of 3 and they jumped right on that. So we were off to our ride. We struck up conversation and they were impressed that I was here by myself. The woman had never ridden Soarin' and the guy had but in California. I told her that she was going to love it. When we were there in November my elderly father rode it 5 times. I think that was his favorite ride. In no time we were Soarin' over California. It takes my breath away every time I ride this ride. It is just amazing. But it's too short. I wish I could ride it again. I leave the the Land building and make my way out of the park. My cell phone starts ringing ...it is my best friend telling me that they are running late. No problem I will just shop. I went into the shop where you pick up your pictures at Epcot and contemplated on buying a new camera bag with Mickey on it.....but wasn't sure if I should or not. I decided that I didn't want to do any impulse buying. If I really wanted it I would get it at the World of Disney. So I headed over to Bahama Breeze it was no about 5:30. I have now become a veteran of driving around the WDW area and I get to Bahama Breeze with no problem and my friends and I pull in at the same time. Perfect timing....we are good like that. Now....even though my best friend lives 1400 miles away from me.....it seems that we are inseperable. We don't speak to each everyday, we go months without seeing each other, but yet when we see each other if feels like we just saw each other the day before, we don't skip a beat. We said our hellos and headed in to eat. I actually wasn't that hungry since I had had a big lunch. So I ordered a salad for dinner which I couldn't finish. Her husband helped me with that. We had a great dinner and now it was time to get rid of her husband so we could have our girl time. He put her overnight bag and a small cooler containing our evening drinks in my car. She had forgotten her bathing suit so we headed over to the outlets.

I had never been there and really wasn't in the mood to shop however I did manage to leave with few things. I wasn't impressed with them ...I thought alot of the stores were overpriced for outlet shopping. All I have to say is tourist trap. She couldn't find a bathing suit there. So I made the suggestion of Walmart. We both laughed and were sure she would find something there. Sure enough she did and we also picked up a bottle opener since she had forgetton to bring one.

By the time we got back to OKW it was about 8:30pm. We quickly changed into something more comfortable and made our way to the pool with our 2 bottles of wine and our desserts. I'm ashamed to say that we drank both bottles of wine, we gossipped and caught up on everything. It was truly the point when I really forgot about everything in the real world. We meticulously cut the desserts and shared them, there was plenty left. We planned on bringing them to her darling hubby tommorrow. Carefully we made it back to the room and we wore both exhausted and got ready for bed. Well what happens when you get 2 girls who haven't seen each other in a while, 2 bottles of wine and a sleepover??? A night of talking and laughing...so needless to say we were giddy and that last until 2am. I never laughed so hard as I did that night. It was wonderful. Laughter really is the best medicine.

Stayed tuned for our SSR Spa day.

Now I really have to get back to work....my message light on my phone is about to short circuit our phones. I have to get back to work.

Really enjoying your report!! I'm going solo in June...couldn't find anyone to go with and just decided what the heck! I'll do it by myself :woohoo:

And shame on your cousin for not even saying thanks for dinner!? :sad2: What was he thinking? Anyway ... that was very sweet of you to do :thumbsup2

I am sorry to say I couldn't stop laughing :rotfl2: and yes I can say I have had that happen to me,but put in passing out and vomiting and waking up wet, with my DH sitting beside me. You gave me a good laugh just when I needed it the most. Thank You :rotfl: I am so glad you were able to relax on this trip. I can't wait to read more.

Maria

I haven't had time to post much this week, I have been a little tied and in much need of another trip already.

I promise to post sometime this weekend. I can't wait to tell everyone about SSR's wonderful spa.

Hoping to hear more soon, but I understand about having resonsibilities at home. I've loved your report so far. :)

I must apologize for not finishing my trip report yet.

Life sometimes gets in the way of my Disney fix. I hope to have it completed by tomorrow night.

I have a bad back too and my medicine for pain doesn't make me sick. You should go back to the Dr. and get some other kind of medicine. My Dr. gives me vicoden and valium for my back. I only take my medicine when my back is completely out.

Hope you continue your report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter