Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto. It's a program for the kids so knowing all about it shouldn't be a problem for adults...if you don't want to know about it, don't read it...thanks for posting the info...we take the class on august 16th

Lol, you know, I remember Disney when there were surprises, as opposed to competitions. Originally it was truly pixie dust when a child got to wake up tink, rather than a bunch of nutty moms with strollers bullying their way through a crowd. Etc. Or coaching their snowflake so they get the special bandana...

We took the class already. I don't believe in giving away the special stuff. That is what makes it special for the next person.

For me, the better prepared I am the more likely I am to feel the "pixie dust." ;)

My kids did the Oceans class Monday at Epcot, and loved it. They are 11 and 14, and didn't think it was too babyish. Because of this class, we park hopped, did the water parks (loved swimming with the sharks), and Disneyquest, all for the first time!

Thanks to you all for this thread!!!!

For me, the better prepared I am the more likely I am to feel the "pixie dust." ;)

My kids did the Oceans class Monday at Epcot, and loved it. They are 11 and 14, and didn't think it was too babyish. Because of this class, we park hopped, did the water parks (loved swimming with the sharks), and Disneyquest, all for the first time!

That is GREAT to hear! We have an 11, 15, and 16 year old going and a PP had me worried. Can you tell us any more about the class?

Ditto. It's a program for the kids so knowing all about it shouldn't be a problem for adults...if you don't want to know about it, don't read it...thanks for posting the info...we take the class on august 16th

How would they know it was that detailed without reading it? There is no "Spolier" warning in the title.

That is GREAT to hear! We have an 11, 15, and 16 year old going and a PP had me worried. Can you tell us any more about the class?

They rode Nemo and got to see the backstage area, toured the tanks and talked about how they feed and care for the animals, learned about the manatees, found hidden mickeys in the tanks, learned about commercial fishing and how they catch dolphins and turtles and how they are working to not harm them, made a net that would keep sea turtles out, etc. Played a game based on the life cycle of sea turtles.

They rode Nemo and got to see the backstage area, toured the tanks and talked about how they feed and care for the animals, learned about the manatees, found hidden mickeys in the tanks, learned about commercial fishing and how they catch dolphins and turtles and how they are working to not harm them, made a net that would keep sea turtles out, etc. Played a game based on the life cycle of sea turtles.

Sounds cool. Maybe DS should wear his "You shall build a turtle fence" shirt, LOL.
If you haven't seen the Youtube video, it is hilarious--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qizNQKzatXA

Sad thing is, one state did actually spend $400,000 on a turtle fence that was an epic fail. The actual turtle fence speech is almost as funny to me as the song--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7krh9Bpy1-A

Sorry, a little off topic, but when you said they talked about how to keep turtles safe, that's the first thing that sprang to my mind:rotfl:

Yes, why would someone keep reading if they didn't want to know the details? Once you read the first mention of the clips, you could have stopped. Besides, the clips are for the kids, who shouldn't be reading here anyway, right?

Wonderful!!!!!!!
That's the one we signed up for! I was a little worried too. Honestly not too much though. We love animals and are fascinated by the ones that are in this pavillion so even if it isn't riveting it should still be enjoyable:)

Whatever. As I said we've done the class. Just don't come complaining that some other snowflake had obviously been coached, lol. What will actually happen is the whole thing will adapt as more students are coached and prodded, and it will be sad. Because it was interesting the way it was. (and no, my kids didn't win, lol.)

Whatever. As I said we've done the class. Just don't come complaining that some other snowflake had obviously been coached, lol. What will actually happen is the whole thing will adapt as more students are coached and prodded, and it will be sad. Because it was interesting the way it was. (and no, my kids didn't win, lol.)

I skipped any messages that contained a spoiler. As soon as I saw too much info I jumped to the next message. I do the same with any thread that mentions the new Star Tours, or the new interactive line at the Haunted Mansion. When I spend thousands on vacation I'd like a little mystery. We go often enough that I want to be surprised by the new stuff. So I think I understand what you are saying Ginny:)

You're kidding, right?:confused3

"Now little Teddy, when the leader goes to drink water, I want you to take a drink of water too or they'll be no Mickey Ear ice cream. And when she passes out jelly beans, eat the red one, but not the black one or you can't go in the pool tomorrow."

Do you really believe that there is a cutthroat competition to "win" the tan hankerchief instead of the blue one?:confused:I would imagine that...if somehow...my single post on a single thread on this obscure INFORMATION board managed to go viral ... and people clamoured to get into that one YES class to win that coveted tan hankerchief...and while in class engaged in some serious tiger parenting...that Disney might change up the procedure a bit.

As I mention in my description, the class participation was poor, and was the only drawback to the class. I would have given it an 'A' instead of an 'A-' if the class participants had been more involved. What was 'sad' was a group of kids too shy to answer questions!

In any case, it took like 10 seconds for everyone to figure out what the gold and red clips were for. And most of the clips were earned from questions that were made up on the spot.

Ummmmm, no. This will just turn into another science fair contest. How can mommy get her kid to be the leader and get something "cool." I just find it sad. Sometimes it is best to just let a child learn on their own and take what they can from inexperience rather than turning it into a clip collecting craze. Who knows what that would be?

Wild by Nature is the class that we are taking and I was glad for the post. It's the only one I've seen that gave the class a decent review as far as how things work and what happens. There have been negative reviews about it being too boring for the upper age limit but not much other info and I had been worried. It was reassuring to read the post and find out that it does actually seem worth going to do and we won't be bored. I'm not going to tell my kids what to do or how to "win". I think it's really sad if parents do read that post and tell their kids how to do things.

Wild by Nature is the class that we are taking and I was glad for the post. It's the only one I've seen that gave the class a decent review as far as how things work and what happens. There have been negative reviews about it being too boring for the upper age limit but not much other info and I had been worried. It was reassuring to read the post and find out that it does actually seem worth going to do and we won't be bored. I'm not going to tell my kids what to do or how to "win". I think it's really sad if parents do read that post and tell their kids how to do things.

Couldn't have said it better!

Hi I'm trying to learn about this program. I'm reading as fast as I can but I have a question.

My 9 year old would love this! But we have two other kids 4 and 2. If I'm understanding correctly, I can buy her tickets and class through the YES program plus one adult and the other adult (me) and the two smaller kids I need to buy separate from this program? Am I understanding that right?

Thanks!

Hi I'm trying to learn about this program. I'm reading as fast as I can but I have a question.

My 9 year old would love this! But we have two other kids 4 and 2. If I'm understanding correctly, I can buy her tickets and class through the YES program plus one adult and the other adult (me) and the two smaller kids I need to buy separate from this program? Am I understanding that right?

Thanks!

Oops, I went into check out the registration and the one class they have during our week is closed already. Bummer!

Thanks!

Bummer that the class is closed, but for future reference, your whole family can get the discounted tickets if one child is attending the program! Of course, if under 13 y/o, a parent will be attending too. I was so excited to find out about the YES individual enrollment program, it saved us about $700, almost 1/2 of going through the regular site for tickets, plus we wouldn't have done the water parks & more add-on, but since it was so affordable, why not?! My kids are really excited about DQ & the water parks, we've never done them before. Enjoy your trip and check out YES for the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter