Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just attended the class on 2/14 how things move. our guide was very enthusiastic she did a nice job. we met at 815 at the magic kingdom and were able to enter the park around 830 which was nice since it didnt open until 900. they talked about how the rides work and used examples with pictures and some models and toys . we then rode dumbo right at 9am when the park opened and talked about how the ride worked also rode winnie the pooh and small world. they also had the kids design there own ride by drawing with markers on paper. my daughter liked the rides but did get a little bored when they were talking about how they worked. it was a nice program and the discounted tickets were great.

Thanks this is the class that my DD is attending she is gonna love it.

So, once they charge you for your tickets, you are registered, right? I know they can still cancel the class, but from what I have heard, your tickets are good even if there aren't enough to do the class. Anyone else signing up for the 8/15 class Ocean Discoveries? We have 3 in there.

We are thinking about it, and that would mean two more. I am just afraid to purchase the tickets so early, in the event we would have to cancel. You just never know!! I guess we will have to make a commitment by the end of March, because I would have to use that room discount by then.

Hi Everyone. I'm a first time poster but a long time lurker on this site. I am planning our first ever trip to DisneyWorld. Yay!! I have a couple of questions about the YES program. We are planning a June 2012 trip as part of our church youth group. On the Disney Youth site it says the program is available for ages 3-18. I think the only program for the younger kids would be the Ranch program. We will have kids of various ages from 3-9. So the big question I have is if you go as part of a group do all the kids have to participate in the same program or can we break them into more age appropriate classes?? Also are the group classes separate from the individual enrollment classes? And can kids as young as 3 participate. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

The regular Disney YES program is handled differently. You pick your class, your time and must have at least 10 kids per class to schedule. If you sign all of them up for the same class and it's too large, they will divide it into smaller groups. They really aim for about 10 kids in each class.

For the age thing, the youngest I've seen listed on the classes is 5. Each class varies with the specific ages it's geared toward. If you have a wide range of ages, you probably need to aim to have at least 10 in each group and pick different classes for each age group.

In order for the entire group to get the group price when it's group enrollment vs individual enrollment, you have to have more kids participating than guests (chaperones, parents, siblings, etc) with the group. Call the toll free number (look under contact us) given on the Disneyyouth.com website. Those CMs are super helpful.

Ok folks, I haven't read through all the pages, but I did see mention of some additional classes coming for Oct, does anyone know if they will be adding any for early Sept at all?? Originally I was supposed to leave for WDW around the 26th of Aug but now we aren't leaving until the 29th and will therefore miss the class on the 29th and that is the last one they are offering in Aug.
TIA if anyone knows!

I talked to a cm from YES program. They have tentative dates for September and October. If all goes as planned those dates will be posted by mid-March.

EricandJenng---Thanks so much for the information. As of now we have 6 kids and 6 parents that are planning this trip. I know it's still a long ways til summer 2012 but I know that it's never too early to plan. So I'm thinking maybe even though we'll be traveling as a group it might be better to do the open enrollment.

Perfect! That's what I need to know. Now, if there's our two girls and myself and DH, can we both attend the class or just one? I'm watching and waiting less than patiently for class updates:)

Group Enrollment limits the number adults allowed. From what I know about Individual Enrollment classes one adult per child is permitted to attend so it would appear that with 2 children you both could attend but just give them a call to verify, they are very helpful & friendly to speak with :goodvibes

So, once they charge you for your tickets, you are registered, right? I know they can still cancel the class, but from what I have heard, your tickets are good even if there aren't enough to do the class. Anyone else signing up for the 8/15 class Ocean Discoveries? We have 3 in there.

Yes you will still have valid tickets even if Disney cancels your class. :)

for those of you that have already received the yes tickets, does disney put names of the guest on the tickets? ?finger scans at the parks. how do one keep track of which tickets belong to whom without names on them?

They do not put guest names on tickets and tickets are not marked adult or child either but every ticket will say YOUTH (even for adults) because they are tied to YES Program. These tickets do not require Finger Scan. Our tickets had different characters on them so that is how we kept 'track' of them but it wasn't even necessary to do this because we had hoppers and every day we all went to a park and even split up and went to different parks. I can see though how if some of your family were going to skip a day or if you had different people going to water parks or Quest on different days that you would need to keep track of which ticket belonged to whom....I'd use a Sharpie to initial them or use the number code on them to identify which ticket belongs to which person. :)

Yes DD will turn 13 that day & she will be there. What are the ages of your children?

Yes DD will turn 13 that day & she will be there. What are the ages of your children?

We will have a 12 1/2 year old, a 15 year old and an almost 17 year old(but he is not really worried about being with the younger kids), all boys. That was the only class during our stay.

Hi I have a question and can't search this entire 115 page thread. Those of you in the know on this program, please advise:

My dd and I have AP's. We are going in June and my mother and nephew are coming for a part of our trip (for their first trip-they don't have AP's). Unfortunately they are not able to be there on the date of the Open Enrollment Class available for our trip dates. However, my dd and I will be there. Here's my question: If I sign up my dd for the class and order 1A and 1C discounted park tickets, can my mom and nephew use those YES tickets even though he is not the one who took the class? I know they are not marked with names so I am thinking this would work. Also, am I able to accompany my dd to the class in an Open Enrollment Group?

Thanks for any advice you can give me! :goodvibes

Hi I have a question and can't search this entire 115 page thread. Those of you in the know on this program, please advise:

My dd and I have AP's. We are going in June and my mother and nephew are coming for a part of our trip (for their first trip-they don't have AP's). Unfortunately they are not able to be there on the date of the Open Enrollment Class available for our trip dates. However, my dd and I will be there. Here's my question: If I sign up my dd for the class and order 1A and 1C discounted park tickets, can my mom and nephew use those YES tickets even though he is not the one who took the class? I know they are not marked with names so I am thinking this would work. Also, am I able to accompany my dd to the class in an Open Enrollment Group?

Thanks for any advice you can give me! :goodvibes

Yes they can use the tickets. And yes you can accompany her.

I hope that they have dates for this year for late October or better yet early November...if they dont have dates I guess I cant buy tickets for the time I;m going down. right?

I'm doing a surprise trip for kids a longweekend around April 1. We lived in Orlando and have been many times, so my kids love the special programs signed up for (Alices tea party, Easter Egg Hunt, etc). Are there no classes for the time period or am I looking in the wrong spot. Never did the YES program.
Thank you!

I'm doing a surprise trip for kids a longweekend around April 1. We lived in Orlando and have been many times, so my kids love the special programs signed up for (Alices tea party, Easter Egg Hunt, etc). Are there no classes for the time period or am I looking in the wrong spot. Never did the YES program.
Thank you!

Check Individual Enrollment classes on Yes site or give them a call but as far as I know after the February classes the next scheduled Individual Enrollment classes will be in June.

Usually they do not schedule them during months when holidays fall or high guest attendance times like Spring Break, Grad Days in May, etc..

Good luck :goodvibes

Does anyone have some inside info if they will or when they will be posting September classes? I am sitting on pins and needles here waiting! :goodvibes

When I asked, I was told that YES tickets are only for the kids, their parents, and grandparents.
So the nephew would not be allowed to use a YES ticket.

Many have posted about getting tickets for cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. I don't think it matters if they are a nephew. They are Youth tickets because they are sold through the Youth programs but they are good for either children or adults.

Does anyone have some inside info if they will or when they will be posting September classes? I am sitting on pins and needles here waiting! :goodvibes

When I called, I was told they hope to have the September/October dates up around March 11 (if all goes accornding to plans).

Many have posted about getting tickets for cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. I don't think it matters if they are a nephew. They are Youth tickets because they are sold through the Youth programs but they are good for either children or adults.

When I called, I was told they hope to have the September/October dates up around March 11 (if all goes accornding to plans).

I think officially the tickets are only for immediate family members of the YES participants, but they don't ask who the tickets are from on the form.

There are alot of pages and sorry for not reading them all! Is there anything open for June? I have 3 kids 16,9, 15. Does anyone have the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter