Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got off the phone with a CM from the Yes program. He told me that they only sell five day tickets. If I want more days than that it is a special request, which may or may not be honored. He then told me that under that exception we might get seven or ten day tickets, but not nine, as they do not have a nine day ticket.

He quoted me a price of $254.54 for a seven day hopper for an individual enrollment in the YES program.

I am really confused and rather disappointed as these prices are not at all in line with the price of $173 for seven day hoppers a friend of mine got via YES.

I am totally confused now.

If you go through the process like you are going to sign up, you will come to the ticket purchase page. Towards the top of the page, there is a purple and white box that lists prices for 1-5 day tickets. But then, if you go down to where you actually tell them what kind of tickets you want to purchase, you will see they have up to 7 day tickets listed. A 7 day hopper is listed at $182.56.

I am not sure who you talked to, but it sounds like he was the one confused.

So you do need to make sure each person has their own ticket?

Just curious, because we'd probably be splitting up, with some of our party going to different parks later in the week...

We are here now with Homeschool days and all of our tickets say Youth on them. We have been splitting up and I haven't been keeping track of who used what ticket. Occasionally they'll ask for a finger scan, but they just wave you through. It has not been a problem.

Is a 2012 calendar not up yet for WDW or have I overlooked it? We're hoping to be in Florida from 12/31 of 2011 through 1/7 of 2012. I saw some 2012 dates but they were for DL and were past the date of 1/7.

My DS is in high school and really, just about every program would interest him but I think expecially the one at Epcot regarding America's history. He really enjoys history.

Thanks ... off to do some more searching. :surfweb:

folks,this is open to homeschoolers,Disney runs lots of programs for education with reduced ticket pricing,you just have to look. tickets are good for *******14 DAYS********not 21.
I verified this numerous times over the years, you will have 7 days before class date and 7 days after. I have tix from last year that verify this also. They are dated.
a really important note,14 days. if you need admission 8 days after the class date,tickets are expired.
I called,emailed,and used these in the past.

You miss understood and are confusing regular tickets which are only good 14 days after first day of use. The YES program tickets work a bit differently. Here is the exact quote from WDW... "Tickets will be valid 7 days prior to the group's arrival date and 7 days after their departure date. " It has nothing to do with the class date.

The classes are fantastic and for anyone there in September or January, it is not only worth the discount on the tickets, but the classes are incredible. My kids love them.

Homeschooling Mom of 3
Been going to Disney for over 20 years

You miss understood and are confusing regular tickets which are only good 14 days after first day of use. The YES program tickets work a bit differently. Here is the exact quote from WDW... "Tickets will be valid 7 days prior to the group's arrival date and 7 days after their departure date. " It has nothing to do with the class date.

The classes are fantastic and for anyone there in September or January, it is not only worth the discount on the tickets, but the classes are incredible. My kids love them.

Homeschooling Mom of 3
Agreed. I have tickets in hand for our upcoming trip. We arrive January 30, depart February 8 (I think I put February 9 on the application). Our Y.E.S. class is February 7. My tickets say "Valid 1/23/11 through 02/16/11" -- 25 days.

okay so their are 4 that will be their Nov. 27th thru Dec 5th. Any one else? I was thinking of Wild by nature class. If we can get enough kids. it is age 7 to 15.

These are our dates. I have 3 in this age range. Although I don't really know enough about how this works. Can someone post the link?

Im waiting for Sept 2011 homeschool days to be posted or at least some individual enrollment dates for Sept/Oct. Anyone else ???
Anyone have a clue if open enrollment will continue into fall at WDW or what dates Sept Homeschool days will be?
Also if some open enrollment dates do not show up my sister and I will probably schedual a group, between us we have 6 children and would only need 4 more for the regular Yes program. Tenative date is mid Oct 2011

Im waiting for Sept 2011 homeschool days to be posted or at least some individual enrollment dates for Sept/Oct. Anyone else ???

Me! :goodvibes I'm hoping that now that January Homeschool Days are ending, that they'll post the fall dates soon!! I'm crossing my fingers that the dates will be earlier in September, rather than later.

Anyone have a clue if open enrollment will continue into fall at WDW or what dates Sept Homeschool days will be?
Also if some open enrollment dates do not show up my sister and I will probably schedual a group, between us we have 6 children and would only need 4 more for the regular Yes program. Tenative date is mid Oct 2011

The fall 2011 Homeschool days are going to be in Oct. this year - I got an email and also called. The specific dates haven't been released yet:confused: We are going mid to late Oct. and would love to join a group if nothing opens for our dates. I have 2 DDs.

The fall 2011 Homeschool days are going to be in Oct. this year - I got an email and also called. The specific dates haven't been released yet:confused:

I think I got that same email. When I emailed back, she said that they hadn't decided on if it would be Sept or Oct yet. :confused3 The website says:
Save the Date for the next Disney Homeschool Days events September 2011!
These events will take place both at Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort - so mark you calendars and check back for the latest information.

But they don't tell you which dates to save. *sigh* So, I stalk the YES webpage for more info sometimes more than once a day. So pathetic! :surfweb:

Homeschooling Mom of 3

Is this true for the groups going to YES and not just individual enrollment?

We're waiting too. About a month ago, I emailed the "yes" program, and Ashley sent an email back saying that they were working on confirming dates for Sept. She made it sound like there would be individual enrollment sometime in Sept., but still waiting to see. We have 2 kiddos, but we're going the first week of Sept.

Will be in the world May 7-21 and want to join a group. DD is 13 and DS is 15. Anyone else in this age group going during my dates and have a YES group?

Would love to do this but it's not offered in April...we will be there April 30-May4 ish? Anyone doing a class? I have one 7 year old. Thanks!

We are wanting to schedule for Oct. 20-28th. I sent an email to Y.E.S. asking if they knew if there were going to be any classes offered during those dates. I received the following response which makes me hopeful:

"We will be announcing our Individual Enrollment dates for the Fall some time soon. Once they are announced, you will receive an email with the dates and programs available. Thanks for contacting us, and we look forward to seeing you in October."

If there is nothing scheduled during out time I would love to get a group together. I have three boys 6, 7, and 9. The younger one may prefer some alone time with dad while the other two go to class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter