Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a package booked with free dining. I crunched numbers yesterday and if we do get a group accepted, and get a class, and then get the discounted tickets, and a room at a discounted rate, what I save there, I eat in purchasing food in the parks, and in the end hopefully save under 50.00.

May not be worth the trouble at this stage. :confused3

I currently have a package booked with free dining. I crunched numbers yesterday and if we do get a group accepted, and get a class, and then get the discounted tickets, and a room at a discounted rate, what I save there, I eat in purchasing food in the parks, and in the end hopefully save under 50.00.

May not be worth the trouble at this stage. :confused3

I don't have a pkg booked b/c we are staying through a timeshare trade into DVC but I have an option for you. Not sure how much you travel and if this something that is feasible for you, but you could get the 2 day ticket that is required with free dining and then save it. You can always upgrade the ticket on another trip as long as you don't use it. Your kids can do the class and you get can the discounted tix this year. Just a thought if you really wanted to do the classes!

I was looking to see if anyone has a group going August 22-28 that needs to add students. I have 3 kids that I can enroll.

I would like to start a group for our August trip. After reviewing all of the information on the Y.E.S. program, and seeing some vacation dates posted here, I think that the best one, for ages and dates is "The American Story" for August 23rd at 7:15 in The Magic Kingdom.

I have three middle school ages kids, so I would need at least 7 more to participate.

I would like to fax the request to Disney by this coming Tuesday, and all tickets will be picked up and paid for in person on August 22nd, the time is TBD, and location would be either Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

If anyone is interested in this program, please pm me so I can give you my email address.

I will talk to my friends tomorrow/today and see what they think. I can call Disney and ask about the age difference. If we all need to take the same program there are some that cover 3rd - 12th grade and I saw a post that said younger kids could also participate. I will post again tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Please PM me if you have a group! I have a fifth grader, going into 6th, and will be there for your dates, and would love to take a class!:teacher:

TIA!!!!:flower3:

I sent a message to both sammy66 and mommycrawford. I'm fine with the American Story class - that would work for everyone's age group. I'm arriving on the 20th and leaving on the 29th. I will call tomorrow and ask more questions about picking up/paying for tickets and such. Let's get this done. :)

For the sake of keeping a timeline, I thought I'd let y'all know that our tickets arrived via FedEx this afternooon! I registered and ordered the tickets on June 14. The charge hit my debit card on the 15th, and I received them today. Not a bad turnaround, I'd say!

Is anyone else registered for the Ocean Discoveries class on July 12?

Are there any groups set up for early August? We will be there Aug 6-12th. I have two kiddos that could be enrolled. Thanks!

Just a quick note: I got an email from Sarah today and they have not decided on any dates for January. I will post if I hear something different.

If anyone sets up a group for Oct 4-6 timeframe for the smaller kids, I'd be interested. DS will be kindergarten age and would love the class they offer for the younger kids.

I guess I'll add my group to the list.

Nov. 10th or 12th : Properties of Motion (MK)
Grade 5th-10th

Also trying to get one together for Grades 1st-4th , possibly for American Story similar days.

For the sake of keeping a timeline, I thought I'd let y'all know that our tickets arrived via FedEx this afternooon! I registered and ordered the tickets on June 14. The charge hit my debit card on the 15th, and I received them today. Not a bad turnaround, I'd say!

Is anyone else registered for the Ocean Discoveries class on July 12?

I'm going on the 19th, but would love to hear how it is!

I'm going the above dates, but couldn't get a group. I'll have six kids with already ages 3 - 12. I noticed today that they also have Disney Adventures theme park tickets for groups of 10 or more ages 3 - 22.

Anybody intersted? I don't think I can get enough to get into the education program. I need more grandkids!

Are there any groups set up for early August? We will be there Aug 6-12th. I have two kiddos that could be enrolled. Thanks!

I'm looking at a trip down in the 9-12th range. I have a 7yr old.

:wave2: Hi from the other side of the Bay- We're just west of Annapolis

I sent a message to both sammy66 and mommycrawford. I'm fine with the American Story class - that would work for everyone's age group. I'm arriving on the 20th and leaving on the 29th. I will call tomorrow and ask more questions about picking up/paying for tickets and such. Let's get this done. :)
If you have room, I have 3 children that would be interested in the program. I'll be in Disney 8/20 - 8/27.

ghorbacz....

I sent my paperwork in last night, but if you can send a quick reply and let me know the grades of your kids and the number of chaperones I will try to add you. ASAP please!

PS - I just got a call from Disney and they said it won't be any trouble to add you. Just let me know as soon as you can.

ghorbacz....

I sent my paperwork in last night, but if you can send a quick reply and let me know the grades of your kids and the number of chaperones I will try to add you. ASAP please!

PS - I just got a call from Disney and they said it won't be any trouble to add you. Just let me know as soon as you can.

Sorry for the late response....3 students (grades 3,6 and 9) and 2 chaperones.

Has anyone called to request more info on January open enrollment? If not I will probably do so.

I know this is early but is anyone looking to do any of the YES programs May/June 2011?

We are a seven person (4 girls/3 adults) Girl Scout troop ages 13-16 (at the time of travel) and we really would love to do a YES program (or two!) while there.

Type of program really doesn't matter our girls aren't really picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter