Disney YES Program Open to non-groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am anxiously awaiting your news. I would love for my children to do this while we are in Disney in August. To do it, not for the tickets.

Me wanting to do it too has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I am anxiously awaiting your news. I would love for my children to do this while we are in Disney in August. To do it, not for the tickets.

Me wanting to do it too has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

No email yet. I'm getting ready to send another one.

When are you planning on going in August? We are going Aug. 6th through the 13th. My DD 14 and her friend 14 REALLY want to take a few classes.

Just returned from a week with 16 teenagers & 7 chaperones participating in the YES program. We did Animation Magic, Leadership, Showbiz Magic at La Nouba, and Images with Impact.

Overall, it was a great experience! The backstage look at La Nouba and the Images (photojournalism) classes were the overall favorites followed closely by the Animation. The leadership class was a big disappointment, both to the students and the chaperones. I was hoping for some real Disney leadership style, but it was a 15 minute message stretched into 3 hours. We had so been looking forward to that one!

I teach TV Production at the high school level and these kids were sophomores - seniors. We are already planning next years trip, but will move it to either our September or Spring break since the crowds were so bad this past week.

Although we did not use it, Disney transportation was available for every class except the Showbiz Magic. (It starts before the busses run to Downtown Disney).

We splurged for the premium tix because it gave us up to 4 admissions to Disney Quest or a water park. Even though we only used one admission to Disney Quest, the extra $15 was well worth it.

We had 4 day premium tix with 1 program included, 3 additional programs, two 5-bedroom houses through All Star Vacation Homes, and travel for just over $500. We drove down Sunday and drove home (to Atlanta) on Friday. I hope that gives you an idea of cost.

aestapa: Thanks for posting. My ds was looking forward to the "leadership" one :eek: that is so disappointing...I am sorry to hear that! We are also considering the World of Physics energy and waves....So if anyone out there has done that one, Please post! :flower3:

It is so helpful to get meaningful descriptions and experiences!

I emailed the program with some questions at least 2 weeks ago and have gotten no reply :confused3 disappointing....I am hoping it is because it is so busy, but honestly, I wonder if they are finding out they bit off more than they can handle with these add on Open enrollments...:confused3 I am not giving up....

a1tinkfans: I will check my files at school tomorrow for the phone #. (someone may have already posted...but I haven't read through all the posts).

The leadership class may be better in a quieter time period. Our leaders was very soft spoken and talked to the kids like they were...well, kids (not young adults). The message was about being a leader that empowers your workers to be entreprenurial, but it seemed disorganized and disconnected. Maybe another group has had a better experience. The only hands-on type activities were a weird game of Wheel of Fortune that didn't make much sense and a role play game during which they had little direction.

The other classes had great hands-on elements. Even my students who "hate school" were raving about the Images class. We were taken through Epcot with directions to document the experience using what they learned about photography. My students already knew the concepts from our classes in school, but this was a great way to drive home the points...and the exercises were tangible, real, and fun!

Also FYI...with the Backstage at La Nouba class, you also get discounted tix to La Nouba. We got cat 3 for $45! You do have to see the show before you can take that class.

We are trip planning right now and my 2 older ds's are looking at doing either the Oceans of Discoveries on 7/26 or the Animation Magic on 7/29. Has anyone done either of these classes and can offer feedback for us? What is offered and done during the programs? What did your kids like/dislike about them? TIA!!!:goodvibes

Another thing: Can I get the dining plan when I buy these tickets? We plan on staying on-property with a room-only reservation, but I would like to add the dining plan, and I'm not sure how to do that if I'm not booking a "package".
TIA again!!!!! :goodvibes

Another thing: Can I get the dining plan when I buy these tickets? We plan on staying on-property with a room-only reservation, but I would like to add the dining plan, and I'm not sure how to do that if I'm not booking a "package".
TIA again!!!!! :goodvibes

Nope

You could buy a one day ticket with your dining package and just hold on to it until your next trip.

Has there been any news on when the next January dates will be? If not, anyone know about when they will be announced?

No. The ticket is good until a part of it is used; that's when the 14 day window starts. So, you could book the dining plan package with the one day ticket, and buy the tickets through the Y.E.S. program to use this year. Next time you go, the one day ticket you bought with your dining package would still be good.

No. The ticket is good until a part of it is used; that's when the 14 day window starts. So, you could book the dining plan package with the one day ticket, and buy the tickets through the Y.E.S. program to use this year. Next time you go, the one day ticket you bought with your dining package would still be good.

Ahh gotcha!

We are trip planning right now and my 2 older ds's are looking at doing either the Oceans of Discoveries on 7/26 or the Animation Magic on 7/29. Has anyone done either of these classes and can offer feedback for us? What is offered and done during the programs? What did your kids like/dislike about them? TIA!!!:goodvibes

My 15, 14, and 11 year olds (at the time) took the Ocean Discoveries class. The class consisted of my kids and 5 others with the ages of 11 - 15 . My 11 year old enjoyed it enough, mostly because she got to talk with other girls her age. But the older boys were not interested at all. I would think that the optimum age for this is between 8 and 11.

Is there anyway just to purchase a ticket to the program itself? We have the GAD & I would love to use it with the program. We do not need park passes for this year.

They sell it separately for $25 if you have Annual passes so I would imagine, you could buy it if you already have tickets. But I think that in the Open Enrollment the website says that one parent has to attend. I am not sure if they are enforcing it. So you would need to buy a ticket for yourself.

They sell it separately for $25 if you have Annual passes so I would imagine, you could buy it if you already have tickets. But I think that in the Open Enrollment the website says that one parent has to attend. I am not sure if they are enforcing it. So you would need to buy a ticket for yourself.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone! I emailed Sarah about January dates for Y.E.S. and Homeschool and I got back a Save The Date for January 24 and 25 with the Homeschool Days program.

I might be the only one planning that far out, but FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter