Disney Y.E.S. Program

PrincessDuck said:
Do you know if it is the same in that you can purchase tickets and still use them if the class cancels? We already have a trip planned to Disneyland for the end of January and the class dates work perfectly for us. It would save us a lot to be able to get park tickets and have my daughter take a class or two.

Thanks for any info that you have. I may have to call them later and see what the deal is for those classes.

I just signed DD up for an individual enrollment class at Disneyland (June 2013) and paid for our tickets. I was told that, even if the class is cancelled in advance, we still get to keep the discounted tickets. You will be given the option to switch to another class, but even if you decline that, you keep the tickets.

We are interested in the Disney Homeschool Days in January.
I already have an AP, but it looks like I would need to buy myself a ticket if I want to attend the Homeschool Day with my children, correct? I can't just buy tickets for the kids?

Edited to add: I went back 10 pages or so and found the information I was looking for. Looks like I would have to buy a ticket after all.
DH needs a ticket, anyway, so I may just list him as their "chaperone" instead of me..

Not able to pull up the individual enrollment for 2013...I just want to see the new structure
Do like the new pages though

Just off the phone with Dave at Y.E.S. (well, at the umbrella company) who says they're really hoping to have Individual Enrollment open on the 24th or 25th, and that they're mid-programming of the website at the moment.

He said that IE for winter will run Jan 7-Feb 13, and then open up again in early June. He also said that pricing changes and program changes are significant. Child tickets will be the same price for IE as for Homeschool Days, except the class portion will be slightly more expensive for IE (but, in his words, "just a bit") than Homeschool Days. Adult tickets will be discounted from gate, but not at the same rate at child tickets. He said he's forbidden from giving actual price points until the site goes live next week.

I'm still stuck in between. We ~can~ switch up our vacation plans and rearrange our Amtrak to make the Homeschool Days work, but it'll cost us at least a couple hundred dollars and be really inconvenient. IE tickets will be more expensive, but if they're not HUGELY more expensive, it might be a wash and be more convenient and flexible to do the IE anyway.

Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Just off the phone with Dave at Y.E.S. (well, at the umbrella company) who says they're really hoping to have Individual Enrollment open on the 24th or 25th, and that they're mid-programming of the website at the moment.

He said that IE for winter will run Jan 7-Feb 13, and then open up again in early June. He also said that pricing changes and program changes are significant. Child tickets will be the same price for IE as for Homeschool Days, except the class portion will be slightly more expensive for IE (but, in his words, "just a bit") than Homeschool Days. Adult tickets will be discounted from gate, but not at the same rate at child tickets. He said he's forbidden from giving actual price points until the site goes live next week.

I'm still stuck in between. We ~can~ switch up our vacation plans and rearrange our Amtrak to make the Homeschool Days work, but it'll cost us at least a couple hundred dollars and be really inconvenient. IE tickets will be more expensive, but if they're not HUGELY more expensive, it might be a wash and be more convenient and flexible to do the IE anyway.

Thank you for this update! I bet Dave regrets ever giving us his name and extension. I bet we keep him pretty busy. :)

Thanks so much but for some reason it keeps giving me 2012 classes that are all full. I'm looking for Disneyworld

Sorry about that! I didn't try to go through the process since I'm not taking a trip in Jan/Feb. The above poster is correct and it looks like the site isn't quite ready. Try that link next week! :)

Homeschool week is posted for 2013 for those dates. I have no idea how that works, but I do know those classes are posted.

I was looking at that. We definitely won't be there for the 25th. When I did a test enrollment, that date was autochecked, so I'm guessing you're expected to be there. I don't want to sign up for something knowing I won't be there. But it looks like the redesigned site gives the dates for the classes - you can't sign up yet, but at least I can plan. Yay! Now to let my kids battle it out for which class they get to take (saving sea turtles vs. roller coasters).

Did he mention if the June dates for WDW would be released next week as well or would that still be around end of January as it's been in the past?

Anyone know how I could add on the DDP and yet purchase tickets for YES IE? We have a RO discount at the cabins at FW, but when I had S/P/D priced by CM, it seemed way too $$$. There are two adults and two kids going early February 2013. I've only found info regarding adding DDP without park tickets if you have an AP or are military.

ok I just talked to the facilitator of the YES program(Dave). He was hesitant to give details but did tell me the following:

* The ability to buy individual tickets for Jan/Feb class will be working on the website in about 1 week.(he said the website should actually be giving a message that says coming soon - I told him I was not seeing that message so he is going to check into it.)

* There is definately something changing with individual enrollment ticket prices in 2013. (he did say the homeschool days is the same program as last year)

Again he was hesitant to give details but did tell me this:

For this years classes the discounted tickets that you see on the website will be for children only(this will include any child in your party age 3-17)

There will be a ticket discount for parents but it will be a separate discount from what the child gets.

Also, when I asked point blank if at least the adult chaperon would get a discounted ticket similar to the childs his answer was "Sorry I can not give you those kind of details you will need to wait the week until the program is released"

I could tell he was uncomfortable telling me much so if we want more details we will probably have to wait one more week until the new individual enrollment program is released to have the whole picture. However, people should prepare themselves for the fact that they will pay more for adult tickets then they have paid through YES program in the past.

I KNEW this program was too good to be true, in its present form. I've been waiting for them to either cancel or change it. So here we go. Let the changes begin!

We leave in 1 week. Have WBN schedule for Oct 30th. I'm so glad we got this in before all the changes.

Anyone? Leaving on Friday and trying to make sure I have all of my paperwork.

Thanks!

We received a confirmation about a week prior with the time and place to meet. Received another confirmation when we picked up our park tickets at guest relations at the MK. Was told to take that to the class. We took both confirmations. At check in, they didnt even look at them - just checked for dd's name on the roster.

Anyone know how I could add on the DDP and yet purchase tickets for YES IE? We have a RO discount at the cabins at FW, but when I had S/P/D priced by CM, it seemed way too $$$. There are two adults and two kids going early February 2013. I've only found info regarding adding DDP without park tickets if you have an AP or are military.

You can't unless you're willing to book a package. People who have YES tickets and want a package will usually just book the minimum amount of days worth of tickets.

You can't unless you're willing to book a package. People who have YES tickets and want a package will usually just book the minimum amount of days worth of tickets.

Sometimes you can book thru a travel agent and avoid the tickets yet get dining. I am doing this for my June trip. My week is mandated to June 18th b/c of room block discounts but it includes dining but NOT tickets. So I plan to do YES...So for anyone that can be flexible with a certain date, it is possible to do this thru a travel agencey that specializes in Disney but as Shannon points out correctly you cannot book this thru disney as they always require tix...

I'm excited to see that they have January dates added!

I have 6th and 8th graders. Do you think they both qualify as "middle school"?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter