• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Y.E.S. Program

Crazy schedule so I don't have time to go back and read all comments about the Animation Class but WE LOVED IT!!!!!

Not sure what others have complained about but we enjoyed the variety of locations, variety of topics covered, variety of activities we did, etc

Three hours flew by... No boredom for us. At the time of class DD was a few days from being 13 and DS was 9. Mom and Dad both enjoyed as well. That was before they change to one parent per class.

Even though it was almost a year ago I could give you a detailed report but I am sure you want to experience firsthand. If you want more details though let me know.

We learn a great deal, had a great time, and got a GREAT discount on our tickets.

We were in Animation Class when park opened so I was able to go get fast passes for TSM and come back while they were still drawing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My 13yo and 8 yo daughters took the class on Tuesday. They both loved their classes and had no complaints

Yay! A positive review :) Hopefully my dd will like it too...since she has no other option but to go:thumbsup2 DH is going with her...he also likes to draw (DH and DD do the drawing class a few times each trip) so hopefully they will get something out of it and enjoy!

We just got back from our 10 day trip to the world. My kids took 2 YES classes.

They took Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion on our first day Aug. 20th. They said it was ok but they didn't love it like I thought they would. We met at MK at 9am, there were a whole bunch of kids for this class. First they broke off into younger 8-11 and older 12-17(my kids were older). Then the older kids were put into 3 groups of about 10. Then off they went. I am not really sure what they did because we did not go with them but they enjoyed going back stage at HM and learning how it worked. They also did Stitch which they said was boring and Mickey's Philamagic which they said was OK. My kids are High schoolers and said the physics were very simple (stuff they learned in7th grade).

My DD and her 2BFF took Disney's Animation Magic at HS yesterday Aug 28th. My DD was excited about taking this class as she is an art student at an arts high school and she loves learning how to draw cartoons. She and her friends did not enjoy this class at all. Again she was in the older class and all they drew was Mickey (she could do this when she was 5). They said the rest of the time the instructor just talked to them. I was hoping this could be a introduction to a possible career choice for her.

All in all I was happy we did the YES program, the people were nice and the tickets were amazing. We got 8 day hoppers with WP&more for a great price.
I do however think the program should maybe do more with the older kids.

My DD and her best friend are enrolled in the Wild by Nature class. I almost switched them to the Animation Magic class but after letting them read both descriptions, they chose WBN. They both love to draw but said it sounded boring. It appears they were correct. Thanks for the review.

Looking at doing the YES program on our upcoming trip in June for my 3 children and my nephew. My nephew has stomach issues and frequently gets sick. What happens if he is sick the morning of the class and can't attend? He would LOVE it if all is well so I hate to not sign him up for it. Any of you regular YES attenders had a situation like this? Thanks!

Getting excited at my house:hyper:

Checking into CR tomorrow for a week for the Experience Conference. My boys will be at the Properties of Motion on Friday, Sept 7 at 7:15am. We'll do NOJ both nights, then over to POR for 5 nights.

Ready to get this party started:joker:

See you on Friday morning at Properties of Motion. Can NOT wait!!! We don't leave until Wednesday evening.

Looking at doing the YES program on our upcoming trip in June for my 3 children and my nephew. My nephew has stomach issues and frequently gets sick. What happens if he is sick the morning of the class and can't attend? He would LOVE it if all is well so I hate to not sign him up for it. Any of you regular YES attenders had a situation like this? Thanks!
You will need to call the YES office as soon as you realize he can't make it. They will attempt to reschedule him for another class on another day. I would suggest booking a class early in your trip, to allow more flexibility with rescheduling.

Will your children also be attending a YES program(s)? If you have four children signed up, and only one can't make it, I'm sure there won't be a problem. If only one child out of four is enrolled, and he doesn't go to his class, there might be a problem. It's been said that they will charge the difference between the cost of the discounted tickets and full priced tickets to anyone who doesn't attend their class. However, I have not read any reports of anyone actually being charged. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened, or won't happen.

If he is the only child who will take a class, and if he is so often sick that you feel there's a good chance he will miss his class, I'd call the YES office and talk it over with them before you register. :thumbsup2

We just got back from our 10 day trip to the world. My kids took 2 YES classes.

They took Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion on our first day Aug. 20th. They said it was ok but they didn't love it like I thought they would. We met at MK at 9am, there were a whole bunch of kids for this class. First they broke off into younger 8-11 and older 12-17(my kids were older). Then the older kids were put into 3 groups of about 10. Then off they went. I am not really sure what they did because we did not go with them but they enjoyed going back stage at HM and learning how it worked. They also did Stitch which they said was boring and Mickey's Philamagic which they said was OK. My kids are High schoolers and said the physics were very simple (stuff they learned in7th grade.

I thought this was the description for Energy & Waves, not Properties of Motion.
I thought PoM was suposed to be coaster design and the animatronics.
Can you clarify this for me? :confused3
DD is signed up for PoM on Sep 7, and I would like to know which class she is actually getting to do!!

Auger -- I too am interested in more information. My DD is signed up for this class on 9/7. I had messaged someone who had taken the class previously & she stated they did Space Mtn & Splash Mtn.

My DD7 and DD5 did the YES program this past June and I would like to do it again for our trip in June '13. This last time I did it more at the last minute so if anyone could tell me when they started posting the classes for June and when they went on sale, that would be great!

I thought this was the description for Energy & Waves, not Properties of Motion.
I thought PoM was suposed to be coaster design and the animatronics.
Can you clarify this for me? :confused3
DD is signed up for PoM on Sep 7, and I would like to know which class she is actually getting to do!!

You are right I copied and pasted the wrong title, I thought there was only one Physics class. My kids took Energy & Waves not Properties of Motion. That one sounds like more fun.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

You are right I copied and pasted the wrong title, I thought there was only one Physics class. My kids took Energy & Waves not Properties of Motion. That one sounds like more fun.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

No Problem!!! Just wanted to make sure they weren't switching classes out for some reason. Not that it would be an issue. DD wanted to do both classes, but E&W closed just before we registered, so she could only do PoM.
She is also doing the Captivating Moments class on Sep 12. Hopefully she'll enjoy that since she loves taking pic's!!

Thanks for clarifying!!

Auger -- I too am interested in more information. My DD is signed up for this class on 9/7. I had messaged someone who had taken the class previously & she stated they did Space Mtn & Splash Mtn.

This is my understanding as well.
DD is looking forward to the coasters.

My DD7 and DD5 did the YES program this past June and I would like to do it again for our trip in June '13. This last time I did it more at the last minute so if anyone could tell me when they started posting the classes for June and when they went on sale, that would be great!

I believe it was February 7th.

Just returned from our trip last week and wanted to pay it forward with a review of our experience with the YES program.:wizard:
We did the younger Animation Magic class. It was neat, but a bit long...I think it would have been better either 40 minutes shorter or eliminating the piece about the steps to a story or making in to a fun game. You could tell the kids were not loving this piece and were getting board with it. Even if it meant doing more activities in One Man's Dream. j

Class outline:

Meet at flagpole BEFORE Turnstyles
animation craft-good
animation class-great
animation active activity-good
outline time sequence of the creation of a animation movie- tedious
One Mans dream- fact finding activity
Watch One Man's Dream- great
Summary- Not needed
We were at the park 7:45am and done at 11:25, class ran late
Cast Member was not very warm and fuzzy, a bit dry, and put down several times a peer YES leader.

Overall would give it a B grade.
Would I do the YES program again? Yes! It was educational, neat to be behind the scenes sometimes, the savings could not be beat and overall good experience.

Tavek tickets- PITA for fast passes, demagnitized twice:headache:, but hey saving close to 600. bucks, makes it doable and repeatable:lmao:

Interesting tid bit, our YES educator asked us to not take any pictures when the park was not opened?

Thanks so much for all the help everyone has given on this thread!:hug::flower3:

Thanks for the review! We are signed up for the animation class oct 5th and I was wondering what to expect :)

Any reviews of Dynamics of Technology? I looked but the number of pages in this thread is overwhelming. My teenage kids are attending the class in October.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can anyone tell me where the Wild By Nature class will finish up? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter