• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Y.E.S. Program

I saw on another thread that miniature golf is now included in the water parks and more option. We are going next week and I purchased the 8-day premium tickets back in Februrary. Does anyone know if we can go to one of the miniature golf courses with our YES tickets?

I saw on another thread that miniature golf is now included in the water parks and more option. We are going next week and I purchased the 8-day premium tickets back in Februrary. Does anyone know if we can go to one of the miniature golf courses with our YES tickets?

It is not certain yet that tickets purchased prior to today (when changes went into effect) will get the new benefits. In the past, tickets purchase prior to new options were not eligible for those options, unless they were replacing an old option that no longer existed.

I just thought I would throw my two cents in on this current debate. Although I don't agree with name calling and I think the first post was a little excessive, I do think it is wrong to lie about a child's age just to get a discount. Rules are rules; and they are rules for a reason. It wouldn't be ok for me to lie about my child's age to get her a child ticket or to allow her a child's meal at Disney, why would it be ok to lie about it to get into a class? I think it is wrong to take that class away from a student who did qualify "by the rules". Using this logic, you are putting others at risk because if too many move their "advanced" kids up to classes that they do not qualify by age for, it might make Disney reconsider opening the classes to individual enrollment and go back to only offering it to schools and groups and that would really be a shame. Especially to those of us that actually follow the rules.

We live 15 minutes from Disney and have APs - so don't do YES classes... but... if there was a class for 5-7 and 8-10, I would FOR SURE sign my 7 year old up for the 8-10 class. A 5-7 class would just not be educationally appropriate for her.

I will now go back to chuckling about how homeschoolers should only go during homeschool week... so funny b/c one of the best thing about HS is you can do WHATEVER you want WHENEVER you want! :-)

Most of us believe that our precious snowflakes are advanced for their ages. Some of them actually are. The point that I am making is that there are weeks and programs available ONLY for homeschooled kids throughout the year that aren't open to non-HSed students. If this mom was an early-bird she wouldn't have had to sign up for an older IE class b/c ones that fit both her children's ages would have been available.

IMO you can't play the homeschool card to get around specifically stated rules. Sorry, but you have to check that you've read & agree to terms. It's fraud to supply false information. It isn't rocket science. Right is still right - wrong is still wrong. It doesn't change b/c your kids are homeschooled - or does it??

I don't care when you go or what you sign your child up for really. I do care that someone would knowingly LIE in order to sign a child up who did not meet the course qualifications. And yes a big part of those qualifications is AGE according to wdw - not knowlege, experience, background, school attended ect.

It may just be a pesky insurance regulation. I don't know & I don't care.

The bottom line here is that she's knowingly taking the opportunity away from another child who IS qualified per YES requirements. She even quoted the statement you have to check saying you meet the age requirements and space is extremely limited so it's not just a misunderstanding. Used to be discussion of ways to break the rules at wdw wasn't allowed here but obviously that small detail doesn't apply to lying to save $$ on tickets.

We won't even discuss the message she's sending her kids by telling them it's okay to lie to do so b/c they are more advanced than other kids who do follow the rules. I'm hoping her reasons for homeschooling aren't religious b/c seems to me she may have just shot a couple commandments in the foot right there.

Not sure where you're looking, but when I go through a mock registration, the 4 day hoppers show as $171.63 and the premium is $188.58:confused3

I would spend the extra $17 to get the premium. One visit would make them worth it.

4-Day Park Hopper® Package $163.69
Four days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like, and one Disney Youth Education Series program.

* Price includes tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

I found this on the 2012 disneyyouth.com/youth-education-series/wdw/pricing/2012/non-florida site...

but then again, I can always confuse anyone:dance3:

Four days' admission to Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks, with the opportunity to visit multiple Parks on the same day as many times as you'd like, and one Disney Youth Education Series program.

* Price includes tax. Minimum group size of 10 students. The Disney Youth Education Series programs are available 7 days a week.

I found this on the 2012 disneyyouth.com/youth-education-series/wdw/pricing/2012/non-florida site...

That's the Group pricing. You need to go to the Individual Enrollment page instead.

Are you going with a group? I ask because what you quoted mentions a minimum gorup size of 10. if you are doing individual enrollment, the prices are what you paid originally.
https://www.studentguest.com/yes/

Most of us believe that our precious snowflakes are advanced for their ages. Some of them actually are. The point that I am making is that there are weeks and programs available ONLY for homeschooled kids throughout the year that aren't open to non-HSed students.
While I personally do not believe one should lie about their child's age, I take offense at your implication that homeschoolers should plan around Homeschool Days. That is ridiculous. Individual enrollment programs are open to everyone. :rolleyes:

If you didn't get the class you wanted this year, maybe next year you should register sooner. :rolleyes1

While I personally do not believe one should lie about their child's age, I take offense at your implication that homeschoolers should plan around Homeschool Days. That is ridiculous. Individual enrollment programs are open to everyone. :rolleyes:

If you didn't get the class you wanted this year, maybe next year you should register sooner. :rolleyes1

Also HS days are open to those who do not HS. Not sure if anyone knew that. They prefer HS'ers to come to it but they won't turn away someone who does not HS. I only know that as I contacted them and explained that last year we did Wild By Nature and that this year my kids are really into the Chimp movie and could they attend the HS days program about it and they said Yes, it is open to anyone of any age whether they HS or not. It does say that on the site too. ;)

This thread has taken a very upsetting turn. :sad1:
The fact is, homeschool children are no more or less advanced than children who attend school just because of the way the are schooled. :confused3 To say that they are is both naive and insulting to the scores upon scores of brilliant children in both public and private educations world wide. I would hope we all can agree that there are children with wide ranges of abilities and disabilities in all walks of life and education models. :thumbsup2

Also, I find it extremely arrogant that some people think that the rules don't apply to them. I don't care if your child is entering Harvard on a full scholarship next year; if you have to lie to get them into a class, then it is just that - a lie. You are basically saying to your child, you are better than all the other kids here and it is OK for you to lie to get what you want. IMO, raising a child with a self-serving attitude is not the way to go. :eek: Personally, I hope they start asking for proof of age. It would solve this problem.

Lastly, as someone who can only to WDW, or anywhere else for that matter, on school vacation weeks I know how much it stinks that everything fills up quickly. But, to say that homeschooled children should only go during homeschool weeks is not fair either.

Even though there seem to be posters on here who do not agree with the Y.E.S. rules, the rules are the rules. Children can register based on AGE and AVAILABILITY. So, register early and don't lie. Seems like a no-brainer to me. ;)

Now, if we could just convince them to do classes in April when we hope to take our next WDW vacation....

Quick question,
My son will be taking the program next week. :thumbsup2
He won't be 13 until August, so I know he needs a parent with.

When I originally signed him up I put myself as the person going with him, but now he would really like his dad to go. I am OK with it as I made plans to meet up with a friend at Epcot for the same time as the class.

Do you think it would be a problem if my DH goes in my place to tag along with our son instead of me?
Would you call or just mention it when checking in?

I just thought I would throw my two cents in on this current debate. Although I don't agree with name calling and I think the first post was a little excessive, I do think it is wrong to lie about a child's age just to get a discount. Rules are rules; and they are rules for a reason. It wouldn't be ok for me to lie about my child's age to get her a child ticket or to allow her a child's meal at Disney, why would it be ok to lie about it to get into a class? I think it is wrong to take that class away from a student who did qualify "by the rules". Using this logic, you are putting others at risk because if too many move their "advanced" kids up to classes that they do not qualify by age for, it might make Disney reconsider opening the classes to individual enrollment and go back to only offering it to schools and groups and that would really be a shame. Especially to those of us that actually follow the rules.

Very well said. My daughter is 11 and while there is a class she would LOVE to take ... I refuse to even consider signing her up for the 12+ class simply because rules are rules.

Quick question,

When I originally signed him up I put myself as the person going with him, but now he would really like his dad to go. I am OK with it as I made plans to meet up with a friend at Epcot for the same time as the class.

Do you think it would be a problem if my DH goes in my place to tag along with our son instead of me?

I don't recall if MY name was on their list at check-in, or just DD's name. I would call just to be safe. :goodvibes

Quick question,

It is my understanding from talking with a CM affiliated with the YES Program that it does not matter which parent (adult) attends. I signed myself up to attend with DD in Sept but have a sneaky suspicion that DH will veto me and go instead (I won't be happy if he does .. but I'll live with it) .. LOL I asked if I need to call to notify them of the change and they said it wasn't necessary but to just let the coordinator know when the group meets the morning of the class.

Quick question,

You should be fine! Just let them know when you get there. we had a similar issue in that dh was gonna do the class with the older 2 and I was gonna entertain my younger ds, but my dh felt ill and was unable to attend the class so I went in his place.

I think this got lost in the HSage debate, but want to know the answer too. I think I'll call to find out :) So I just called and was informed that the YES tickets are not the same as the regular ticket inclusions, so Mini-golf & ESPN are NOT included. Would've been great if it was, but I'm perfectly OK with what we did get. :)

I think this got lost in the HSage debate, but want to know the answer too. I think I'll call to find out :) So I just called and was informed that the YES tickets are not the same as the regular ticket inclusions, so Mini-golf & ESPN are NOT included. Would've been great if it was, but I'm perfectly OK with what we did get. :)

Thanks for the info. It would have been nice if mini golf was included, since we're staying at BWV, in walking distance to Fantasia Gardens. Oh well, can't have everything I guess, lol. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for looking into this. It would have been great if mini-golf were included, but, you're right, we already are getting a lot. Thanks again!

That's right - the YES "premium" tickets are not the same as MYW WPFM tickets. They are only good at the two water parks and DQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter