Disney Y.E.S. Program

Yes. You can continue using them until they are used up or expire.

You cannot get them at the resort, but you can get them at the Guest Services right at DisneyQuest.

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know how I can find out how late guest services near Disney Quest is open?

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know how I can find out how late guest services near Disney Quest is open?

I believe that location is open until at least 11pm, and midnight Fri-Sat.

Last question; are the YES class prices included in the 3 day access pass starter package? Or are they additional? If they are additional, do we pay for all 4 classes even though only 2 in our party can technically go to the class?

Thank you.:)

The class price is included, but make sure you purchase enough days. You will need to use one day from your pass to enter the park on the day of the class. So, if your class is at Epcot, your DH and DS will need to use a day off their tickets just to get to their class. ;)

I believe that location is open until at least 11pm, and midnight Fri-Sat.

Thank you again!
I would just skip DTD that first night if I could not yet get tickets, but I can at least have a choice of getting them that first night, or if we are too tired, wait till the next morning at AK. :goodvibes

The class price is included, but make sure you purchase enough days. You will need to use one day from your pass to enter the park on the day of the class. So, if your class is at Epcot, your DH and DS will need to use a day off their tickets just to get to their class. ;)

So originally we were going to go to Epcot for one day and Hollywood Studios for a second day. We just bought the 3 day YES tickets starter package. We were thinking it'd be nice to hit epcot twice. So once we're done w/ the class, can we stay at Epcot for the day? If so, does that count as day 1 (class) AND (day 2) staying after the class to hang at Epcot? Or...since we're already at Epcot we'll just stay after the class & hang there for the day and then days 2 and 3 are still available to us? :confused3 Because here's the thing, my dd and I are going to have bfast w/ the princesses that Monday morning at Epcot so we'll all be in the park at the same time, just doing different things. Do they boot us out after we're done w/ our classes and breakfast so that we have to reenter and use another day off our pass?

So originally we were going to go to Epcot for one day and Hollywood Studios for a second day. We just bought the 3 day YES tickets starter package. We were thinking it'd be nice to hit epcot twice. So once we're done w/ the class, can we stay at Epcot for the day? If so, does that count as day 1 (class) AND (day 2) staying after the class to hang at Epcot? Or...since we're already at Epcot we'll just stay after the class & hang there for the day and then days 2 and 3 are still available to us? :confused3

I'm a little confused by the question, but let me try and clarify...

You HAVE to use the ticket to enter Epcot to attend the class (as they say, park admission is required and not included in the class). So that is going to take a day from your ticket. You can remain in the park all you want after the class. You can also leave the park and re-enter that day.

If you didn't get the Park Hopping option, you can't go to another park that day.

You then also have two other days available. You can go back to Epcot on another day, or one of the other parks.

You HAVE to use the ticket to enter Epcot to attend the class (as they say, park admission is required and not included in the class). So that is going to take a day from your ticket. You can remain in the park all you want after the class. You can also leave the park and re-enter that day.

If you didn't get the Park Hopping option, you can't go to another park that day.

You then also have two other days available. You can go back to Epcot on another day, or one of the other parks.

Yes. Thank you. That's what I thought. So the boys will go to their class, my dd and I will have breakfast w/ the princesses, both at Epcot, and then stay at Epcot for the day to play. After that we'll have two more days to our ticket to check out the parks (1 park per day).

Thanks!! That was very helpful. :thumbsup2

Yes, your class day would be counted as one day, but then you can be in Epcot that whole day, leave and come back and it would still be just one day used. Then you can use your other two days at whatever parks you want.

Yes, your class day would be counted as one day, but then you can be in Epcot that whole day, leave and come back and it would still be just one day used. Then you can use your other two days at whatever parks you want.

Excellent. Thanks! :disrocks:

I will be glad to give you a report when we get back. I am a little worried since Test Track is supposed to be part of the class and it is closed. I'm sure they will offer something just as fun though.

We picked the Chemistry class because Test Track is my daughter's favorite ride. Knowing Disney there will be something fun to take the place of it. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

The only class available for us, for the dates we'll be there, is Making Waves with a Marine Career Ages: 12 - 15 for Oct 15th.

We have two kids. One is 6 and the other is 11. Both my husband and I would go with the kids for this class. We homeschool and so attend advanced classes on a regular basis so the age listed for this class doesn't really worry us (as far as being over their heads) except for the fact that there's this disclaimer on the WDW YES website page:

"Program enrollment is limited and the availability of each program is indicated below to the right of each program. Please also take note of the age limits for each program as students that do
not meet the age requirements of the program(s) you select will not be confirmed or allowed to attend a program." AND "Students who do not meet specified age requirements will not be confirmed on the final program confirmation."

So I'm wondering a few things;

1. Can I 'fudge' their ages on the form? My son easily passes for a 12 year old. And although it'd be obvious that dd wasn't any where close to being 12, she and I wouldn't have to go to the class. He and my hubbs could take the class and my dd & I could meet them later. Although, that brings me to my next question...

2. How strict are they for the age restrictions listed on their classes? Like I said above, my dd regularly attends classes above her 6 year old age.

So originally we were going to go to Epcot for one day and Hollywood Studios for a second day. We just bought the 3 day YES tickets starter package.

Can't begin to say how frustrating it is to see that my 13 yr old cannot attend the program b/c it's full, while parents of homeschooled 11 yr olds - who BTW could go during homeschooling weeks with a better selection of programs that my child would not be alowed to sign up for - have no issues lying about their child's age to sign him up for a program that he not only doesn't qualify for, but is not even very interested in, just to save a few bucks.

Honestly, the audacity of this just astounds me. Clearly, your homeschool curriculum must not have covered honesty or integrity. What an example to set. I'm not just disappointed, I'm angry that you'd be so happily planning a trip based upon blatant dishonesty which seems to be totally supported in this thread by the dis. Heaven forbid, there'd be an accident while you were there on your fraudulent passes b/c I'm sure you'd try to blame your lies on wdw somehow too.

It's people who lie to take advantage of things they don't qualify for that get opportunities eliminated for everyone in future. ughh :furious:

I have to say that I didn't tell my daughter about a "class" for the very reason that she may NOT be interested in. We are just going that day like it's an attraction. She's 6.

Can't begin to say how frustrating it is to see that my 13 yr old cannot attend the program b/c it's full, while parents of homeschooled 11 yr olds - who BTW could go during homeschooling weeks with a better selection of programs that my child would not be alowed to sign up for - have no issues lying about their child's age to sign him up for a program that he not only doesn't qualify for, but is not even very interested in, just to save a few bucks.

Honestly, the audacity of this just astounds me. Clearly, your homeschool curriculum must not have covered honesty or integrity. What an example to set. I'm not just disappointed, I'm angry that you'd be so happily planning a trip based upon blatant dishonesty which seems to be totally supported in this thread by the dis. Heaven forbid, there'd be an accident while you were there on your fraudulent passes b/c I'm sure you'd try to blame your lies on wdw somehow too.

It's people who lie to take advantage of things they don't qualify for that get opportunities eliminated for everyone in future. ughh :furious:

While I don't support the notion of signing up a child who is not of age for a class..I don't think it is appropriate to slam someone for taking their children at whatever time works for them..homeschooled or not.

Many of the classes are full and who knows who's signed up for them. Obviously someone who signed up right when they opened up. Early bird gets the worm.

A little confused.. maybe someone help... back in april I bought 3 yes tickets, for Dh, myself and DD13 for Wild by Nature.

I bought the 4 Day YES hopper package, $171.63 per ticket.

Tonight when I went online I see the same 4 day Yes Hopper package is now $163.39. Am I reading it wrong?:confused3 Did the prices go down? If they did, can I get a refund of the difference, or can I up the package to the premium for $181.49, so my DD can finally see Disney Quest?

and SHHHH, it's a secret, she has no idea she is going to disney this August!:goodvibes:

We bought the 8 day premium tickets with the registration for our DGS for his class. The tickets say good for the water parks and DisneyQuest. However, the regular water parks and more tickets are also good for Disney's Wide World of Sports also. Does anyone know if these tickets actually are for the same things as the water parks and more tickets? The rest of the family has bought the tickets with the option to go to Wide World of Sports, because we always usually make a visit there.

Thanks in advance.

First of all...

Hahahahaha to the suggestion that homeschooled kids should just go during homeschool week. I got a LOL chuckle at that one.....

Second of all... "age appropriate" for a homeschooled kids is very often (not always, but very often) a few years ahead of their actual age b/c they are often exposed to things at a higher level.

We live 15 minutes from Disney and have APs - so don't do YES classes... but... if there was a class for 5-7 and 8-10, I would FOR SURE sign my 7 year old up for the 8-10 class. A 5-7 class would just not be educationally appropriate for her.

I will now go back to chuckling about how homeschoolers should only go during homeschool week... so funny b/c one of the best thing about HS is you can do WHATEVER you want WHENEVER you want! :-)

A little confused.. maybe someone help... back in april I bought 3 yes tickets, for Dh, myself and DD13 for Wild by Nature.

I bought the 4 Day YES hopper package, $171.63 per ticket.

Tonight when I went online I see the same 4 day Yes Hopper package is now $163.39. Am I reading it wrong?:confused3 Did the prices go down? If they did, can I get a refund of the difference, or can I up the package to the premium for $181.49, so my DD can finally see Disney Quest?

and SHHHH, it's a secret, she has no idea she is going to disney this August!:goodvibes:

Not sure where you're looking, but when I go through a mock registration, the 4 day hoppers show as $171.63 and the premium is $188.58:confused3

I would spend the extra $17 to get the premium. One visit would make them worth it.

We will be staying at Boardwalk, arriving in the early evening and planning on entering parks the next day. Will we be able to pick up the Y.E.S. tickets at the International Gateway entrance upon arrival to save a little time the next morning when entering parks?

First of all...

Hahahahaha to the suggestion that homeschooled kids should just go during homeschool week. I got a LOL chuckle at that one.....

Second of all... "age appropriate" for a homeschooled kids is very often (not always, but very often) a few years ahead of their actual age b/c they are often exposed to things at a higher level.

We live 15 minutes from Disney and have APs - so don't do YES classes... but... if there was a class for 5-7 and 8-10, I would FOR SURE sign my 7 year old up for the 8-10 class. A 5-7 class would just not be educationally appropriate for her.

I will now go back to chuckling about how homeschoolers should only go during homeschool week... so funny b/c one of the best thing about HS is you can do WHATEVER you want WHENEVER you want! :-)

First of all, you are right about HS families being able to sign up whenever they want. That is totally up to each family. If someone doesn't get in a class, they need to blame themselves for not acting sooner.

However, I wanted to point out that there is a difference between age restrictions and developmental restrictions. Disney is very strict on the AGE requirement, so unless you lie on the form, you will not get a child younger(or older) than the ages listed in the class, no matter how advanced they are. And working above grade level is not reserved for homeschooled children. About half my class(PreK-K) is working above grade level. It doesn't mean that they are socially ready to go work with 3rd graders. Last year, my son and nephews were in a class that was for ages 8-15. That was a big age range and they felt like the little kids really took away from the program. I noticed they have split the groups up in that class this year, so they must have gotten some feedback about that.

First of all...

I agree that homeschooled families should be able to attend whenever their schedule accomodates. But like PP mentioned, the YES program is NOT about "age appropriate." It is about AGE.

On the YES site it states that "Please also take note of the age limits for each program as students that do not meet the age requirements of the program(s) you select will not be confirmed or allowed to attend a program." and "In order to maintain the magic and safety within each program, the specified age is not flexible. Students who do not meet specified age requirements will not be confirmed on the final program confirmation."

So this means that if a homeschooled 7 year old is attending an 8 + designated class, then someone lied on the information in the application. My daughter is signed up for a class for age group 8 - 11. She will probably be very bored with her group as she is a grade ahead of other children her age. But it is not an option for our family to lie just so my daughter's 3 hour class will be more interesting to her. Those are the rules. That's it.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that when you said that home schooling is about doing WHATEVER you want WHENEVER you want, your words might be taken wrong by some people. I considered homeschooling, because I did appreciate the flexibility in that everything is a potential learning experience. Your life isn't dictated by the school calendar, and you can LEARN what you want, when you want. But you (and your children) can't do ANYTHING (WHATEVER) you want WHENEVER you want in life. At least, I hope that's what you mean. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter