• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Y.E.S. Program

Did you enjoy Wild by Nature? My will be 10 year old loves animals so not sure how this could be bad :)
My kids LOVED WBN! They were 12 and 9 and I thought my ds would be bored as he is gifted and moves at a fast pace but he really enjoyed it, especially because he knew many of the answers to the ?'s they asked. They seemed impressed by his knowledge! My dd loved it too and even won a magical moment for getting answering one of their ?'s the best! :goodvibes

I'm going to add my two-cents on a different class. I didn't actually get to attend, my parents when with them and I stayed behind with all the younger kids.

I've been watching the classes slowly fill up... especially the ones my kids were interested in this year. I'm kinda amazed that it seem not many people register for the American Story. My kids HAD to take this one as their last resort class last year, but turned out to really, REALLY LOVE IT!

This is what they said they did... LOL... They learned a lot of interesting things, my daughter got to 'Ring' the Liberty Bell since she got most of their 'questions' right and they rode Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and went 'back stage' at The Hall of Presidents learning about the first 18 presidents, and did a little 'puzzle trivia thing' about the presidents. They went over to Frontier Land and learned about how the area was settled, etc. Was shown some hidden mickeys and some of the 'hidden' jokes in stuff.

My daughter is 10 and my son is 12.

Just wanted to let you all know this seems to be a really great option as well.

I'm going to add my two-cents on a different class. I didn't actually get to attend, my parents when with them and I stayed behind with all the younger kids.

I've been watching the classes slowly fill up... especially the ones my kids were interested in this year. I'm kinda amazed that it seem not many people register for the American Story. My kids HAD to take this one as their last resort class last year, but turned out to really, REALLY LOVE IT!

This is what they said they did... LOL... They learned a lot of interesting things, my daughter got to 'Ring' the Liberty Bell since she got most of their 'questions' right and they rode Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and went 'back stage' at The Hall of Presidents learning about the first 18 presidents, and did a little 'puzzle trivia thing' about the presidents. They went over to Frontier Land and learned about how the area was settled, etc. Was shown some hidden mickeys and some of the 'hidden' jokes in stuff.

My daughter is 10 and my son is 12.

Just wanted to let you all know this seems to be a really great option as well.

Aww, now you made me even sadder that it isn't available for when we go. I really, REALLY, want DD12 to do this class. I just think she would retain so much of it, especially the Hall of Presidents stuff. I am keeping my fingers crossed that more classes open around homeschool days. I hope they answer my letter next week and tell me they are adding more. lol ;)

Aww, now you made me even sadder that it isn't available for when we go. I really, REALLY, want DD12 to do this class. I just think she would retain so much of it, especially the Hall of Presidents stuff. I am keeping my fingers crossed that more classes open around homeschool days. I hope they answer my letter next week and tell me they are adding more. lol ;)

We are currently booked for Oct 6th-14th, and slowly all the classes are filling up except for the American Story. As much as they loved it, I'm not sure they want to retake it back to back trips... then again, who knows. My daughter said she'd love to do it again!

I agree, it would be nice if they were to open more classes before we head down there. I have a bad feeling everything will be full by the time I get all the money saved up to do a class

I haven't read every page of this thread (skipped around) but I had never really heard of YES before.

So --- the ticket prices are awesome, and my kids would LOVE some of those classes, but I don't see any dates for late Nov/early Dec? (Not Thanksgiving week, the week before or week after)

Does anyone know if they have historically offered these classes then? Not just for the great prices, but for the cool opportunity to learn something!

I haven't read every page of this thread (skipped around) but I had never really heard of YES before.

So --- the ticket prices are awesome, and my kids would LOVE some of those classes, but I don't see any dates for late Nov/early Dec? (Not Thanksgiving week, the week before or week after)

Does anyone know if they have historically offered these classes then? Not just for the great prices, but for the cool opportunity to learn something!

They've only allowed individual enrollment classes for a few years, but I do not believe they've ever offered it during those months.

Just wondering if anyone has some feedback on the Making Waves with a Marine career Program -I have my daughter and her friend signed up in August and was wondering what to expect.

I just registered my DD13 for the Wild by Nature class on 8/28!! I'm bummed that we can't do the free dining with it but what a great opportunity! I think we'll end up saving more than we'll eat so it'll still be a savings! I know it'll be hot in AK in August but it's early in the morning and it'll get done before it gets TOO hot. I have one question though - the email says that the class meets at the flagpole beyond the main entrance so I'm assuming that's inside? She's going to the class by herself because she's at the age where she'd have more fun without me but it says that I must stay in the park during this time. So does that mean I will go in at 8:30 and just hang out until things start up (when the park opens at 9)?:confused3
:rotfl2:

We just booked for the same class. at 8:30 am! So excited... but shhh.... it's a secret!

According to a previous post:
I just called the YES Program to see if there was a chance that they will have any classes the end of December. She told me that they are not going to schedule any classes for November and December. I am really disappointed. I thought maybe if they got enough request there might be a chance.

Just wondering if anyone has some feedback on the Making Waves with a Marine career Program -I have my daughter and her friend signed up in August and was wondering what to expect.

My kids are signed up for this as well but I haven't been able to find any feedback. We are registered for Aug. 13. We wanted Aug. 20 but it was closed back in March. I bought tickets for the 13th and 2 weeks later the 20th opened. Oh well....

My kids are signed up for this as well but I haven't been able to find any feedback. We are registered for Aug. 13. We wanted Aug. 20 but it was closed back in March. I bought tickets for the 13th and 2 weeks later the 20th opened. Oh well....

If your dates are still flexible, I would call and see if you can switch classes. I've heard a number of stories where the YES program was actually very helpful in changing things. It can't hurt to ask!

My daughter and I are doing the Ocean Discoveries class, just wondering if any one had done that class, and was wondering how was it?

Has anyone done this class? Our first choice was The American Story but we won't have a rental and I was worried about getting to the TTC by the 7:15 start time. So, we chose Everyday Chemistry at EPCOT. Just wondering if there are any reviews for this.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can be put on a waitlist for a class? I was trying to get my son in for the Sept. 25th Wild by Nature class, but it says it's CLOSED. What are the chances of getting in....slim to none? Also, there are no afternoon classes, only morning....is this correct?

Thanks!

Does anyone have experience with Synergy in Science? DS will be just a couple of months shy of 7 when we go so he cant do Wild By Nature:( so the only program we can get into is Epcots Synergy in Science. I hope its great, I am not really sure what they do in it.

Does anyone know if you can be put on a waitlist for a class? I was trying to get my son in for the Sept. 25th Wild by Nature class, but it says it's CLOSED. What are the chances of getting in....slim to none? Also, there are no afternoon classes, only morning....is this correct?

Thanks!

It is my understanding they do not wait list because the tickets are non-refundable. I also think the classes are only offered in the morning.

My sons will be 13 and 11 (3 weeks shy of 12) when we go on our trip. I really wanted them to be in the same class as I my 13 year old will not go by himself. Unfortunately, all the classes cut off between 11 and 12 when we are going. Has anyone successfully enrolled a younger child into a class? I don't want to take another child's spot, but I know my 11 year old would love the marine careers class.

Thanks

My sons will be 13 and 11 (3 weeks shy of 12) when we go on our trip. I really wanted them to be in the same class as I my 13 year old will not go by himself. Unfortunately, all the classes cut off between 11 and 12 when we are going. Has anyone successfully enrolled a younger child into a class? I don't want to take another child's spot, but I know my 11 year old would love the marine careers class.

Thanks

Call and ask. They are typically very strict about age limits but I wouldn't think two weeks would be a big deal.

Does anyone have experience with Synergy in Science? DS will be just a couple of months shy of 7 when we go so he cant do Wild By Nature:( so the only program we can get into is Epcots Synergy in Science. I hope its great, I am not really sure what they do in it.

I've got my kids signed up for Synergy in Science at Epcot as well, and I looked it up online. It appears they learn how 3d works (perspective, etc) and then they go watch some of the 3d shows so they can see how it applies.

When my DD attended the Synergy in Science class a while back, we saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I think the Michael Jackson 3D movie is there now, so I suppose that's what the class will see for as long as it's there.

We were bored with the class, but I think it must have been our particular class, because I have read two or three other reviews of the same class (different dates) and they enjoyed it.

We started off in Innoventions, where the kids were given some tinkertoys to build a model of something (but I can't remember what, sorry, it was over two years ago). We rode Spaceship Earth (via the regular line, no special entrance or anything). We stopped outside afterwards and talked about snergy, the definition of the word and how it applies to park attractions. We saw HISTA. Before going in the kids were instructed to watch through the regular 3D glasses, and then through some "special" glasses that were handed out to the class ahead of time. Afterwards, we stopped outside, to the right side of the Imagination pavilion (where the bathrooms are located) and talked about how the 3D images work, why the show appeared in 3D through one set of glasses, and didn't appear in 3D through the other set of glasses. Then we went into the building where the Character Connection is, but we were in the back part, near the restrooms. The instructor laid some really big puzzle pieces out on the floor and they did a few different things with them. My DD really enjoyed that part of the class. Then it was over. If I recall correctly, our class ended about 20 minutes ahead of schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter