Disney Y.E.S. Program

We are going in 4 days and are doing YES and free dining. I am using the YES tickets this trip and will save our 2 day tickets from our package for a future trip or sell them. There isn't much of a savings if you pay for the 2 day and the YES for the same trip. You can always add days to your 2 day tickets down the road as long as you don't use them this trip.

Just to give you a heads up on the reselling FD tickets... I did YES/FD last year with the intention of giving my 2 day tickets to family. When I asked Disney how this worked I was told by 4 different CMs from GS and GR that unused 'packaged' tickets are intended for the purchaser only, and not allowed to be sold or transferred. However, unused tickets sold ala carte are fine to be transferred since no names are attached.

So now they are sitting in a drawer...my plan was a bust. I guess we could use them in the future, but the YES way is so much better. I probably wouldn't have gone this route had I not known though. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if when paying for these programs and tickets of if it shows up on the Disney Visa as a qualified Disney location? I just signed up for premier visa and won't have extra points live for a few days. I would wait to purchase if I would get the extra rewards. Those of you who already purchased did it come up on your ccard as a Disney venue or 3rd party? Thanks!

I bought YES tickets for June yesterday. The site that has open registration right now appears to be a third party and comes up as STUDENT GUEST SRV TKTS. I don't believe this transaction will be honored for the 5%.

If you wait and buy directly from the Disney YES site when they open registration, that transaction may count, but I can't be sure about that. Since I had also upgraded our Disney Visa, I was disappointed to realize that I has purchased the tickets from a third party. Looks like I missed out on $40.:mad: Live and learn...

Just to give you a heads up on the reselling FD tickets... I did YES/FD last year with the intention of giving my 2 day tickets to family. When I asked Disney how this worked I was told by 4 different CMs from GS and GR that unused 'packaged' tickets are intended for the purchaser only, and not allowed to be sold or transferred. However, unused tickets sold ala carte are fine to be transferred since no names are attached.

So now they are sitting in a drawer...my plan was a bust. I guess we could use them in the future, but the YES way is so much better. I probably wouldn't have gone this route had I not known though. :rolleyes:

We are arriving one day prior to our free dining package with the 2 day tix, so I am going to try to turn them into paper tickets so I can transfer them if need be, if not we will just save them for a future trip.

I bought YES tickets for June yesterday. The site that has open registration right now appears to be a third party and comes up as STUDENT GUEST SRV TKTS. I don't believe this transaction will be honored for the 5%.

If you wait and buy directly from the Disney YES site when they open registration, that transaction may count, but I can't be sure about that. Since I had also upgraded our Disney Visa, I was disappointed to realize that I has purchased the tickets from a third party. Looks like I missed out on $40.:mad: Live and learn...

Thanks for looking for me, Savannah. I didn't realize that purchasing now was different than purchasing later. I thought it was always through the same place when purchasing. I didn't realize the link was taking us to a different site to purchase. Hmmmm?? What to do? Wait or buy now?

I have a question for you all. Are any of you registering your kids separately so both parents can attend? Neither my husband nor I want to miss hanging with the boys, plus we would never know what to do with ourselves all alone. I saw if I registered them both separately they could have each of us attend as their adult. Anyone else thinking of doing this?

savannahcat - Can you explain the difference from Guest Services Ticket that you mentioned above? I called Disney this morning and spoke with Julie, she indicated that registration opened up last night for August - October and we walked through locating offerings. She indicated that classes typically fill up fast. I ordered our ticket while she walked me through the steps on the phone.

Anywho, I received the same confirmation and I was comfortable that the transaction was with Disney. Are you saying now that the phone number listed on the Y.E.S. site, send us to a 3rd party company? I'm confident that we will be granted entrance but I did think that I would reap the rewards with my Disney Visa. If not, no big deal. I would rather have the peace of mind. However, Julie indicated that since word is spreading regarding the program, spaces seem to be filling up at a faster pace. (She was not pushy, just idle conversation.)

I have a question for you all. Are any of you registering your kids separately so both parents can attend? Neither my husband nor I want to miss hanging with the boys, plus we would never know what to do with ourselves all alone. I saw if I registered them both separately they could have each of us attend as their adult. Anyone else thinking of doing this?

I was thinking about doing this as well. DH and I wanted to attend with our 3 kids. If it's not possible DH would take the boys and I'm sure DD and I could find something to do ;) but we'd rather take the class together.

savannahcat - Can you explain the difference from Guest Services Ticket that you mentioned above? I called Disney this morning and spoke with Julie, she indicated that registration opened up last night for August - October and we walked through locating offerings. She indicated that classes typically fill up fast. I ordered our ticket while she walked me through the steps on the phone.

Anywho, I received the same confirmation and I was comfortable that the transaction was with Disney. Are you saying now that the phone number listed on the Y.E.S. site, send us to a 3rd party company? I'm confident that we will be granted entrance but I did think that I would reap the rewards with my Disney Visa. If not, no big deal. I would rather have the peace of mind. However, Julie indicated that since word is spreading regarding the program, spaces seem to be filling up at a faster pace. (She was not pushy, just idle conversation.)

My confirmation lists the following at the bottom:

Student Guest Services, Division of CONVENTIONPLUS® LLC
4201 Vineland Rd., I-7, Orlando, FL 32811 - 407-472-4676 ext. 14
FAX: 407-472-4678 - info@conventionplus.com
Disney artwork, logos and properties: ©Disney

CONVENTIONPLUS LLC does not seem to be owned by Disney, but is a third party. If you talked to the YES program directly and purchased your tickets through them, I think you will be okay.

ETA: Does your confirmation have the same information?

We are arriving one day prior to our free dining package with the 2 day tix, so I am going to try to turn them into paper tickets so I can transfer them if need be, if not we will just save them for a future trip.

I also picked them up early to get them on Tyvek. Apparently they now issue tickets early on a KTTW card - then you take that card to the resort and have the rest of the package added to it. It was an absolute hassle (after going to 3 different GS windows) to get them in paper form... and when they came out of the machine, they had all our names issued on them. I then came home and called GR, who kept me on hold for an hour, and they also verified I wasn't allowed to give them away.

In the past I've always picked out tickets up early (to actually use them), however, this was the first time I received a KTTW card off the bat and not a paper ticket...and by the time I was able to finally receive paper tickets, they had our names printed on them (something not seen in the past).

Anyways, I just wanted to give a headsup to anyone about the possiblity of purchasing YES tickets with the intention of reselling/gifting FD tickets.

Hopefully you have a better experience. :)

Thanks for looking for me, Savannah. I didn't realize that purchasing now was different than purchasing later. I thought it was always through the same place when purchasing. I didn't realize the link was taking us to a different site to purchase. Hmmmm?? What to do? Wait or buy now?

From the way I understand, it doesn't matter if you purchase now or later. As of early 2011, Disney no longer handles YES anymore, it's now handled directly through a 3rd party, Student Guest Services, Division of CONVENTIONPLUS® LLC.

From the way I understand, it doesn't matter if you purchase now or later. As of early 2011, Disney no longer handles YES anymore, it's now handled directly through a 3rd party, Student Guest Services, Division of CONVENTIONPLUS® LLC.

Just to verify this, I talked to a CM before I bought our tix. He put me on hold but did verify that the above place does contract with Disney to offer the YES programs. He said their site was in the process of being updated.

My confirmation lists the following at the bottom:

4201 Vineland Rd., I-7, Orlando, FL 32811 - 407-472-4676 ext. 14
FAX: 407-472-4678 - info@conventionplus.com
Disney artwork, logos and properties: ©Disney

CONVENTIONPLUS LLC does not seem to be owned by Disney, but is a third party. If you talked to the YES program directly and purchased your tickets through them, I think you will be okay.

ETA: Does your confirmation have the same information?

My confirmation lists the exact same information :confused3 , even though I didn't speak with the YES program directly.

Right now we're just in the planning stages, but if we go, it will be me, my mom, and my 2 kids (DD9,DS3). DH may or may not come with this time. I know I'll need to buy one regular adult ticket.
Can my mom be listed as the second adult since we have a kid who can't go, or does it have to be DH? Someone will have to watch the boy:goodvibes

Thanks!

I thought about doing this but then decided against it. I was worried that by the time I signed my one son and DH up for the class and then went back in to register my other son and me that the class would be full (I have no idea how quickly these classes fill up). I didn't want to be stuck in the situation where I had one son signed up and only two tickets and couldn't register the other one. I would've felt horrible, plus we'd have to buy two tickets at a much higher price. I read on the other Y.E.S. thread that some parents asked at the beginning of the class if they both could attend and that usually it wasn't a problem. DH and I decided that that's what we'll do. If I can't attend the class, I'll go shopping for some souvies since my boys aren't too into that. Maybe I'll go on a ride that my boys don't particularly care for, like the CoP. I actually think that the 2 1/2 hours will go pretty fast. We'll be back together before lunch and still have plenty of time left to spend together in the park.

Just to verify this, I talked to a CM before I bought our tix. He put me on hold but did verify that the above place does contract with Disney to offer the YES programs. He said their site was in the process of being updated.

Correct, as of early 2011, Disney now contracts it out completely to a 3rd party. I purchased our YES tickets last July directly through the Disney YES site and the bottom of our email receipt states;

NOW as for whether you can purchase 2012 YES tickets directly from Disney themselves and/or Conventionplus is what seems to be the confusion.

Torinsmom knows a lot more about last years switcharoo with the YES program...hopefully she can bring more clarity.

My confirmation reads the same as yours savannahcat. I talked with a cast member and walked through the ordering process while on the phone. It was never mentioned that the transaction would be completed by a 3rd party so I wonder if this is simply how this transaction will be handled. However, the wording certainly does seem to point in the 3rd party direction.

At any rate, we are glad to be signed up. I just had a momentary panic attack :goodvibes I will take your word that we should be good to go.

My confirmation reads the same as yours savannahcat. I talked with a cast member and walked through the ordering process while on the phone. It was never mentioned that the transaction would be completed by a 3rd party so I wonder if this is simply how this transaction will be handled. However, the wording certainly does seem to point in the 3rd party direction.

At any rate, we are glad to be signed up. I just had a momentary panic attack :goodvibes I will take your word that we should be good to go.

Since your confirmation says the same, if Disney Visa does not honor the 5%, I think I will try to argue the point with them. There's no reason to suspect that you are not doing business directly with Disney when you purchase these tickets. Never hurts to try, right?

Just purchased tickets for my DD 14 and DS 11 for Everyday Chemistry, June 12th:thumbsup2
I can hear it now - Mom, we don't want to go to school. We want to go back to class at Disney World!!:lmao:
I am so thankful I ran across this information on the Disboards. Love, love, love the DIS:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter