Disney Y.E.S. Program

HOw weird that the thread was shut down without a link to a new one.

I have a question for my brother. I couldn't find the answer by searching the old thread. Anybody else think that the search function is really bad lately?

Anyway, brother and his bio-kids have APs. I know that the rule is that AP holders still have to buy the starter pack in order to take a class. Do the children for whom the starter pack was purchase have to be the ones who use the tickets in the packet? IOW, could his stepson, who is not interested in the classes and has no AP, use the tickets in his step-siblings' packets?

I would think that would be fine. They don't check ids with tickets, and as long as the same person uses the ticket for the whole period, it really isn't breaking the rules.

Tickets are not paper; they a tyvek and hold up well. Each of ours had a Disney character on the front, so that made it easier to know whose was whose. I had Minnie, DS had Mickey, DN had Donald, etc.

Another question. The YES site says that you can only buy tickets for immediate family members. We are travelling with my sister and her family. Can I get them tickets too? They are my immediate family? I don't remember that rule last year.

Another question. The YES site says that you can only buy tickets for immediate family members. We are travelling with my sister and her family. Can I get them tickets too? They are my immediate family? I don't remember that rule last year.

SHE could get them tickets, too. I will say this though: I did, however manage to get tickets for my whole family last year. Apparently they considered the fact that I was putting my two older kids through one of the programs, but my Mom and Dad attended with them instead of myself (I stayed behind in the room with my niece, newphew and youngest son). I think Grandparents can take their grandchildren and be considered they adult immediate family member? I really don't know. All I know what I called and was able to purchase tickets for myself, my 3 kids, my parents and my niece and nephew. BUT BUT BUT if the kid's actual parent is going they might make the parent 'buy' the tickets. They never asked for any proof who the kids belonged to? Its really not a big deal though, to just do two separate orders. One for you and yours and one for her and hers. And still be in the same class.

It is strange that it would close with an additional link to follow. Perhaps it happened unexpectedly? :confused3

Either way, I will keep an look out for it should it start. In the meantime, we have this one :goodvibes

HOw weird that the thread was shut down without a link to a new one.

I would think that would be fine. They don't check ids with tickets, and as long as the same person uses the ticket for the whole period, it really isn't breaking the rules.

Tickets are not paper; they a tyvek and hold up well. Each of ours had a Disney character on the front, so that made it easier to know whose was whose. I had Minnie, DS had Mickey, DN had Donald, etc.

Old thread was most likely shut down because it was over 250 pages. No link was provided because no one had started a new thread.

We are Ap holders, we have been told that with the YES tickets the person taking the class will use the ticket the day of the class. And they are not transferable.

From the website:
Theme Park admission is required and all participants must purchase a Disney Youth Education Series – Individual Enrollment Ticket Package to attend any Disney Youth Education Series – Individual Enrollment program. Use of an admission is required for entrance into the park on the date of your program. Tickets are valid for 7 days prior to your arrival date and after departure date. Tickets are only available to residents of the Domestic U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Annual passes, complimentary admission, and regular front-gate admission cannot be applied to the cost of a program

I have a couple of questions about the YES tickets. How long are the classes and when do they usually start in the morning? I'm toying with the idea of doing this with my daughters. Is it true that only one chaperone can come? I was hoping my DH could come with us. And the fee, is it per person and collected at the time of the class or is it added into the ticket prices already? Thanks!:goodvibes

I have a couple of questions about the YES tickets. How long are the classes and when do they usually start in the morning? I'm toying with the idea of doing this with my daughters. Is it true that only one chaperone can come? I was hoping my DH could come with us. And the fee, is it per person and collected at the time of the class or is it added into the ticket prices already? Thanks!:goodvibes

Ours started at 7:30 and lasted, I think, 3 hours. One chaperone per person so if you have multiple daughters, and they all will be in the same class, you and DH can both go; class fee is included in your ticket.

Regarding someone else's question-- It is new w/in the last year for them to say 'immediate family only."

Ours started at 7:30 and lasted, I think, 3 hours. One chaperone per person so if you have multiple daughters, and they all will be in the same class, you and DH can both go; class fee is included in your ticket.

Regarding someone else's question-- It is new w/in the last year for them to say 'immediate family only."

Thank you! I thought that you could only have one chaperone per group sign up (in my case, 3 daughters). Hmm, so it starts at 7:30ish? That's not too bad, then you're done by around 10:30 and have your day ahead of you. I was contemplating the AK one, it's called wild something, and you get to see the animals and in their habitats while learning about conservation methods as well. I think my girls would love that, so would I.:goodvibes

So is this our "new" thread?:goodvibes If so, I want to sign on so I don't miss when registration opens! We had so much fun last year doing the water parks and DQ. I'm planning my trip around it again this year!

Thank you! I thought that you could only have one chaperone per group sign up (in my case, 3 daughters). Hmm, so it starts at 7:30ish? That's not too bad, then you're done by around 10:30 and have your day ahead of you. I was contemplating the AK one, it's called wild something, and you get to see the animals and in their habitats while learning about conservation methods as well. I think my girls would love that, so would I.:goodvibes

The site will not let you sign up 2 adults for the same class.

This may have changed since last year but website will not allow 2 adults to register for the same class at the same time. Doesn't matter how my children are in attendence only one adult.

the site lets you sign up a maximum of 6 student/youths and 4 adults.
You cannot sign up more adults than students/youths except for the case of 1 student/youth it will let you sign up 2 adults

I had signed up the my 2 kids, and when we got there the morning of the class, I asked if my DH could come along also and they said yes without any hesitation. The cost of one individual enrollment class is included in the ticket price, you do not pay extra for the class. If you decided to have your kids attend a 2nd class, there would be a charge for that 2nd class.

Please forgive me if I'm asking obvious questions or ones that have been asked a million times before. I was directed here from the budget board and I couldn't read through all 250+ pages of the original thread. :surfweb:

We will be traveling in Sept 2012 -- 2 adults, 4 kids ages 12, 7, 3 and 15 mos. We ARE homeschoolers, but we aren't traveling with a group and it appears that while the YES Individual Enrollment program is scheduled out through the end of the year, the Homeschool Days are only listed as being through the end of Feb 2012. So here are my questions about the YES program (as it seems Homeschool Days will not do us any good):

- When does enrollment typically open?

- Can one adult accompany 2 students to the same class? For example, if my 2 DD's went to the Wild by Nature program, could DH chaperone them both while I tended to the younger kids (either in the park or elsewhere, like back at the condo pool :thumbsup2 )? If only one adult attends with two children, are both adults still eligible for discounted tickets?

- Can my 3yo also get discounted tickets via the YES program even though she is too little for a class, or would we have to pay gate price for hers? I've seen several places where it references 2 adults and 4 youth signing up for classes, but haven't found anything about younger siblings.

- On the "pricing" section of the website, under the Starter Packages, it says, One admission per day to any one Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park for [insert number here] days and one (1) Disney Youth Education Series program. I assumed that one can leave the park and return to the same park the same day, like any other regular admission ticket (obviously there's no park hopping without that add-on), but it does specifically say one admission per day, so now I'm wondering...maybe I should just clarify. Can you leave and come back?

I will have more questions. (I always have more questions.) But those are the ones burning in my mind right now and keeping me from being able to sleep tonight. :lmao: Thanks!!

I have read about Open Enrollment and Group Enrollment...is Group Enrollment all year while Open Enrollment is only during certain months?

We are going at the end of April and my older 2 would love to participate in any of the programs through YES that I've read about. Is it possible to do that in April, or not?

Does a parent stay at the class with a 12 yr old?

This looks like a lot of fun & we will have to plan our next trip to coincide with the dates ;)

My older 2 love the books (Kingdom Keepers) & would love to participate in a Disney Quest group (as would I). Is this possible to do (form a group) or do you have to be actual organization?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter