Disney Y.E.S. Program

I did the YES program Individual enrollment with my 6 year old daughter last July. We did the 5 day starter package and the price was AWESOME!! This year, looks like only the child attending gets the ticket discount. Now ticket prices are out of my price range :worried: As usual, all good things come to an end. :laughing:

I see classes are posted through July 1. I'm wondering when the next "set" will come out - looking for August.

Has anyone ever done "Exploring Disney Animation History"? It mentions that you have to "pitch your story to the group" and since I have a shy child I wasn't so sure about this one.

BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM said:
Has anyone ever done "Exploring Disney Animation History"? It mentions that you have to "pitch your story to the group" and since I have a shy child I wasn't so sure about this one.

If this is the same class we took, the pitching the story line was part of a group. They gave you pictures to use. Group decides which ones to include and creates a story. It has been awhile but a believe we did a brief skit of story line with a narrator or two describing. So there would be a role for a shy one. As a matter of fact you learn just how many "roles" there are in the making of animation. Definitely something for ever personality type:)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

gerberdaisy1234 said:
If this is the same class we took, the pitching the story line was part of a group. They gave you pictures to use. Group decides which ones to include and creates a story. It has been awhile but a believe we did a brief skit of story line with a narrator or two describing. So there would be a role for a shy one. As a matter of fact you learn just how many "roles" there are in the making of animation. Definitely something for ever personality type:)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for that info!

My DH will be attending the YES program with my DD 14 and DD12 on the morning of 1/26/13. They meet at the TTC then go off to MK. Am I able to hang out in the park (before opening) while they are there?

TIA

You will not be allowed to enter the park prior to opening while the rest of your group attends a class. My DH and DS attended a class at Epcot prior to opening and DS and I were not allowed in. We ended up taking the monorail to TTC and back to kill time. Maybe you can tour the monorail resorts for a while?

A difference in the tickets. The kid tickets were the same, good for the stated time period, plus a week. Otoh, my adult ticket was only good for fourteen days from first use.

You will not be allowed to enter the park prior to opening while the rest of your group attends a class. My DH and DS attended a class at Epcot prior to opening and DS and I were not allowed in. We ended up taking the monorail to TTC and back to kill time. Maybe you can tour the monorail resorts for a while?

I was reading the guidelines today. They said you had to be in the park while your kids did classes :confused3

I was reading the guidelines today. They said you had to be in the park while your kids did classes :confused3

That's true, but you can't get into the park before it opens, only the class can. I was the first one in line at both AK and DHS when DD did her classes with my husband/her dad. They both went through the turnstiles with the guide and then handed me their tickets so I could get fastpasses. I had a seat at the turnstile and waited, and waited and waited! Thank God I had my iphone with me or I would have went nuts!

So yes, you have to be in the park while the class is happening, but you DO have to wait until the park officialy opens to guests (since the person not attending the class as a chaperone is just considered a park guest like everyone else).

We attended a YES class in 2010 and enjoyed it immensly, and were looking forward to doing another on our next visit. Enough has changed that it isn't going to work this time. Hopefully they aren't trying to regulate the interest away from this great program.

Has anyone gone to the homeschooling days without being a homeschooling family? We are looking at the same late Sept. early October dates as the potential homeschool days. We have done YES twice before but I don't think we would do it again without the steep discount as it keeps us locked out of free dining. For the dsicount, though, we can plan meals ourselves for less and rent DVC but I wouldn't want to be a "poser" at homeschool days. I'm a teacher myself, so I kind of homeschool in the summers...:rolleyes1

We attended a YES class in 2010 and enjoyed it immensly, and were looking forward to doing another on our next visit. Enough has changed that it isn't going to work this time. Hopefully they aren't trying to regulate the interest away from this great program.

Mhmm kind of like th Disney Institute -- they made it so impossible to do anything there that people stopped booking and they determined there wasn't enough interest to keep it open.

I would love to see more of the YES program -- in addition to kids are being home schooled, there are tons of kids every year who go to wdw to attend competitions etc (my DD is one of them) -- she is missing school to be there so I'd like more opportunities for her to continue her studies while she's there. Wish they had a homework club there -- for now we use the business centre at CSR for her to keep up with her classes.

It differs from the YES individual enrollment program in that there is a special presentation offered in addition to the classes. If you opt to take a class in addition to attending the Homeschool Days program, you will need to pay for it. There is a difference in ticket prices.

The Homeschool Days main presentation is for all ages. The classes themselves vary and they're usually posted by grade range rather than age.

Homeschool Days ticket prices (January 2013)

3-Day Home School Days Starter Package $154.75
3-Day Home School Days Hopper Package $175.95
3-Day Home School Days Premium Package $194.31
4-Day Home School Days Starter Package $160.61
4-Day Home School Days Hopper Package $180.73
4-Day Home School Days Premium Package $198.13
5-Day Home School Days Starter Package $172.14
5-Day Home School Days Hopper Package $192.14
5-Day Home School Days Premium Package $209.40
6-Day Home School Days Starter Package $187.13
6-Day Home School Days Hopper Package $206.95
6-Day Home School Days Premium Package $224.06
7-Day Home School Days Starter Package $194.04
7-Day Home School Days Hopper Package $213.80
7-Day Home School Days Premium Package $230.82
8-Day Home School Days Starter Package $199.80
8-Day Home School Days Hopper Package $219.51
8-Day Home School Days Premium Package $236.47

YES Individual Enrollment ticket prices are set up differently now, with the attending child getting a different discount than attending adults and other members of your family.

Good info

Can anyone do homeschool days or do you really have to homeschool? What is the special presentation?

What month did registration open for the January session?

Thanks!

Good info

Can anyone do homeschool days or do you really have to homeschool? What is the special presentation?

What month did registration open for the January session?

Thanks!

I have heard that anyone can do Homeschool Days, but I don't know firsthand. If you're interested, you could always call and ask.

The special presentation is a theme-based program that is open to everyone who registers, regardless of age/grade. It's not a class, where you go from place to place and participate, with an instructor. It's more of a presentation, or lecture, where you stay in one place, with a larger group/audience. The one we really wanted to attend (but couldn't because our trip was already planned and it didn't fit our dates) was with Ridley Pearson, at the Studios. (He's the author of the Kingdom Keepers book series, for anyone who might not be familiar with him.) I was so disappointed that we missed him!

This past fall, if I recall correctly, it was a presentation on primates, at Animal Kingdom. I think this month's is/was Engineering the Magic, about the role engineering and science play in designing theme park attractions (not sure about that, as I knew we weren't going so I didn't really look into it much).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter