Disney Y.E.S. Program great for teens (and adults)

aestapa

Mouseketeer
Just returned from taking 16 teenagers, 7 chaperones, and my 2 little ones (3 & 6) to participate in the YES (youth education) program. We had a blast!

We did 4 classes: Animation Magic, Leadership, Images with Impact, and Showbiz Magic (behind the scenes at Cirque du Soleil)

They were all amazing except for the Leadership program. Much of the class was out in the park and with a soft-spoken guide, it was difficult for the kids to hear over the crowd noise.

My students who "hate school" loved the Images class. We were taken around EPCOT and they learned all about photography...or I should rephrase...they were re-taught everything I had taught them in our TV Production class...but somehow, coming from a Disney cast member they believed it!! :lmao:

I can't say enough about the behind the scenes tour of Cirque. We toured backstage, the production booths, the stage, the training area, and even below the stage. At the conclusion all the kids were taken outside to practice the diablos (the spinning things the little girls use in the show)

If you have a chance to take a group, or chaperone a group I strongly suggest it! We are already planning for next year! My advice would be to pick a less crowded time though. I think we will aim for September or even Spring Break next year (depending on the week)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter