Disney World!

Halbleib1

DIS Veteran
Hello from Walt Disney World! Hope everyone is well. It is very hot here but the crowds are not too bad in the parks although the restaurants as warned are busy. We have gotten almost everything done that we wanted to see. Tomorrow we are going to a water park and tonight we are at disneyquest. It is not busy at all in here tonight. You know you are obsessed when the first thing you do is look for a computer to get online to check out the boards lol. So for anyone wondering yes you can check out the boards at disneyquest but you can not send pms and you only have 30 mins at any one time to do it. Catch u all later.

Kelly

Thanks for the update Kelly! Have a great time and enjoy the rest of the World! :)

Kelly I miss chatting with you. I hope you are having a blast.

Sounds like you are having a great time.

Great info to know about Disneyquest!!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you're having fun - great to hear!!! :woohoo: Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!!!! and can't wait to see your photos!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

good to know the parks are not too busy. I will be there Fri night for MNSSHP and EPCOT saturday then PI sat night

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Oh, can you tell Mickey we will be visiting him in 44 more days? ;)

Thank you all we are having a great but tired time lol. The weather is pretty good as well this week. Last week it was 90s all week and very hot this week we did get a couple of showers but nothing too bad except for Monday it rained a good bit. This week the weather has been great not too hot and quite cool in the evenings. Great weather for mickeys backyard bbq tonight. It was a pretty good show with good food but not worth two table service credits I dont feel. Although it is definately a nice dinner to try once if you have nothing better to pick. Our favorite dinner show was def. hoop dee doo that was a great show and very funny. We also did the luau and did not care for it all that much the food was ok but the only part of the show we liked was the fire throwers. Thats my update for now I will be writing a report when I get home. Take care all and thanks for the responses. I will say hi to mickey for you all. We sure have seen a lot of that mouse since we have been here lol.

Thank you all we are having a great but tired time lol. The weather is pretty good as well this week. Last week it was 90s all week and very hot this week we did get a couple of showers but nothing too bad except for Monday it rained a good bit. This week the weather has been great not too hot and quite cool in the evenings. Great weather for mickeys backyard bbq tonight. It was a pretty good show with good food but not worth two table service credits I dont feel. Although it is definately a nice dinner to try once if you have nothing better to pick. Our favorite dinner show was def. hoop dee doo that was a great show and very funny. We also did the luau and did not care for it all that much the food was ok but the only part of the show we liked was the fire throwers. Thats my update for now I will be writing a report when I get home. Take care all and thanks for the responses. I will say hi to mickey for you all. We sure have seen a lot of that mouse since we have been here lol.
DH and I really want to try the hoop de doo & Mickey's backyard bbq - can't wait to hear more and see photos. Glad to hear the weather has been great for you...did you get a chance to walk through P.I. before you head home tomorrow?? Chat with you when you get back and have a safe trip home!!!

DH and I really want to try the hoop de doo & Mickey's backyard bbq - can't wait to hear more and see photos. Glad to hear the weather has been great for you...did you get a chance to walk through P.I. before you head home tomorrow?? Chat with you when you get back and have a safe trip home!!!

Me too. I want to try the Hoop De Doo Review. Glad you are having a wonderful trip and it sounds like you are. Have a safe trip home and look forward to your next trip report.

Thanks Kelly for checking in from Disneyquest. :surfweb:Hope you're still having a great time. Enjoy the rest of your trip & stay cool:thumbsup2

We are finally home! I must say this trip it was no let down to come home. We were all ready to be home. 15 days is more than enough time for us at Disney World in any one trip. Tammy we did walk through PI but we did not go into any of the clubs. We decided to do Disneyquest instead of the clubs. The one night we walked by the line was quite long for the adventurers club with people waiting to get in and it was not all that late yet. It was definately a popular place. I did call and book the bounceback offer while on the way to the airport but we are not sure if we are going to use it or not yet. Mainly my dh isnt sure that he wants to go back to disney world again so soon. I did book it for 14 nights but if we go that will probably change to 10 days but just to be safe we decided to book all 14 as it can be changed easier that way. Our dates right now are August 29-September 12th. We are thinking of changing it to September 20-October 4th. Might be better to go after labor day we are thinking. The heat didnt get to us quite as much this year since I planned it better. We did a lot of indoor things in the afternoon and when we needed a break from the heat other times we went into a shop or dining place. We also swam at the resort a lot at night after park closing. This year our room at Pop Century stayed a lot cooler and it seemed to have more light than our room last year. It also did not have that musty smell that we had last year. We did get to the water parks on Weds and Thurs. We liked Blizzard Beach a bit better than Typhoon Lagoon. It would have been nice to have had more time to spend in the water parks so next trip whenever that may be we will definately be going back to the water parks and planning more time for them. We did do the Halloween party and I have to disagree with the podcast team. I do not think it is worth the extra money for it. In my opinion the parade is not all that great- it is much too short and more in tune with the family fun day parade. Hallowishes are great however I do not think they are worth the price of admission. If you only have one day to spend at Magic Kingdom than I would say do the Halloween party since 52 is better than 75 dollars for a one day pass however if you are buying a package or a mulit-day pass I would pass on the party. If you only have one day to spend and do the party I would suggest that you skip the trick or treating and spend more time on the rides and meeting some of the characters. I would also suggest that you get there right at 4pm and that you skip a sit down dinner in favor of quick service. I think this is the best way to get the best value for your money. Other than the short parade the different fireworks and the castle show the party is not much different from a regular day at the park except for a bit more decorating.

I have to go for now but I will be sure to update you all on the rest of our trip shortly. I will also be doing a dining review on the restaurant board as soon as I get everything together. I do not have as many pics of the food as I would like though but I will still do my best to do a good review.

If you only have a choice of one dinner show I would highly recommend the Hoop dee doo it was a great show(very funny) and the food was good as well. We did the 9:30 show and had great seats right up by the stage. Mickey's Backyard BBQ was nice but a bit hectic. They do not have assigned seating so if you have a bigger party you need to arrive early to be sure you get a table together. Gratuity is included in the price as it should be since for the most part you are serving yourself and taking care of your own trash. It was not until the end of the meal that a person came around collecting trash off the tables. When you first go in they do come out with drinks and they have games for the kids to play while you are waiting to go into the pavillion to eat. But once you are in the pavillion you are on your own the rest of the time. The characters do come out to dance but they have to take frequent breaks of course. But while they are on break they still have a band to entertain as well as a cowboy roping show. We personally would not do this again but it was a nice thing to do once. I would not normally pay two table service credits for this but with being their during free dining we decided to go ahead and do it. This is the way to go otherwise I would feel like we were wasting a credit. We also did the poly luau and the food was ok here but the show was not all that great. We liked the flame throwers the best. (not sure of the official name for this) Of the three shows Hoop dee doo is def. the best and funniest one. If you have never done this show I recommend you give it a try. If or when we go back we will def. be doing this one again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter