• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World will reopen monorail -- with extra safety features

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of you have gone COMPLETELY overboard towards the person thats happy they can go to O'Hana's, a few of you need to get a grip.. Tragic at it was, its still their vacation and if they are happy that all modes of transportation is open, thats their business..

Im thinking that the "ohana" poster might be a kid/teenager, they might not have meant for the comment to be in poor taste :confused3

Yay! Now I'll be able to eat at Ohana on Sunday!

This is a new person to the site - give him/her some slack!! Their comment did not refer to the accident or the young man who lost his life!! He/she was only glad to hear that the monorail was now available for them to use. Don't always look for the bad in comments!! :sad2:

By the way, WELCOME to the boards!!! :)

yeah if their comment was like "ugh now i cant eat at Ohana's because the monorail is closed" that would be a different story. Just happy that its open, no problem there. Did they ever say how the accident was caused?

I don't want to start a debate, but the fact that people would even justify the O' Hana comment is a bit disturbing. While I know that freedom of speech is an essential right, perhaps some people should remember that just because you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't always mean it should be made public.

The comment was not called for at all, seeing as how there might be some of Austin's friends/coworkers on this board, and a comment that shows that a poster is more interested in attending his/her dinner, is insensitive to them, as well as to him.

It doesn't matter if that poster is happy about the monorail being opened, and could care less about the tragic accident, the fact that he/she posted on a message board in which many of us are sensitive to this tragedy, and understand how ridiculous that comment was in this setting, speaks volumes about said person.

A little altruism would go a long way in this world....Tiger :(

My god, there are a lot of high horses here. Do you guys realize that nothing posted on this message board has any kind of impact on real life situation that happened? Message board sadness and gloom isn't actually helping the family of the victim. Someone being glad that they will have a convenience is not hurting them either. It's all irrelevant.

And to the 4th through 20th person who quoted his post to say the exact same thing, what exactly is going through your mind? You just HAVE to register your objection for the record! Fine two or three people say it and it's enough of an annoying reaction, but how after that do you not think to yourself "Okay, the point has obviously been made"?

Thank you Anglefan! My gosh people can't be happy that they get to enjoy their vacation?? Should everyone at Disney right now not be happy?? Yes we are deeply sorry for the CM and his family and all affected and I pray for them all, but others still have a right to enjoy themselves if they are there right now. The person who made the comment obviously did not mean it to be insensitive!

Well, It doesn't surprise me that the Monorail is up and running already, as Disney has technicians that most likely worked the WHOLE time after the accident to get the Monorail UP and Running....after all, THIS IS THIER BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR!:headache: I was just wondering HOW they got the monorails off the track? I assume they pulled them into a station in the back of the park to work on them.:confused3 I was thinking they would have Lifted the really damaged one off the tracks but perhaps not.:confused: Prayers to the CM's family and friends.:grouphug:

Crass and totally uncalled for, troll.

Being new to these boards myself, I first want to say how grateful I am that you all are here to help me not only plan my vacations "at the most magical place," but also to keep the magic going throughout the year as we all prepare for our next ones.

With that being said, I am a little surprised at the above name calling. I am a 39 year old mother and am a little taken back that some of us are so quick to judge. I'm sure each of us at some point in our life has made a comment that once spoken, we've wondered if it came out wrong or could be misconstrued.
:confused3

I can't believe this thread is 3 pages long! sheesh!

I agree...if its someone looking to get a rise out of you...just ignore it. dont give them the satisfaction of knowing they are ticking you off...

:rolleyes1

Well, It doesn't surprise me that the Monorail is up and running already, as Disney has technicians that most likely worked the WHOLE time after the accident to get the Monorail UP and Running....after all, THIS IS THIER BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR!:headache: I was just wondering HOW they got the monorails off the track? I assume they pulled them into a station in the back of the park to work on them.:confused3 I was thinking they would have Lifted the really damaged one off the tracks but perhaps not.:confused: Prayers to the CM's family and friends.:grouphug:

I'm not certain this is what they did but they do have "tractors" that can tow incapacitated monorails. It's likely (assuming no significant track damage from the accident) they merely separated the two monorails at the impact point (likely by cutting them) and towed back each train along the track.

There's a lot of "Holier than Thou" going on here. I'm going to email the moderators and advise that this thread be closed.

Whiile I know that freedom of speech is an essential right, perhaps some people should remember that just because you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't always mean it should be made public.

(

Whats the saying, "everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as its the same as mine"... reminds me of your narrow mind..

Unbelievable! Your thoughts should be with his family and friends, they lost him at such a young age, not with how you are getting to dinner at Ohanas:sad2:.

Life goes on, and any Disney CM who truly loved his/her job would get nothing but enjoyment knowing that the children of the world still have fun and excitement when it comes to Disney World. Don't judge so quickly, for all you know that was written by a 10 year old who loves nothing more in the world then to eat at Ohana's. It was a tragedy yes, but it'd be more of tragedy if we let the fun of Disney that the CM who died worked so hard for to be ruined by this sad event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter