• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World weather worries

minniemouse5103

Earning My Ears
It is always hot or rainy so I would not worry about the weather. Does any on have a special time they like to go to Disney World??? :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:beach::beach::beach:

It is always hot or rainy so I would not worry about the weather. Does any on have a special time they like to go to Disney World??? :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:beach::beach::beach:

Having really only enjoyed disney during the summer my entire life, we're started to go out of our ways to see what all the different seasons and events are like.

End of September into October before last year was one of our favorite times. Food Festival and Halloween happening at the same time. Fall colors and decorations. Last year frozen made the parks so popular that summer frozen at hollywood was still happening, combined with some ride closures and people coming down for 1 last ride. You do need to pay more attention to rides if you have favorites and things do start to close for cleaning/renovation and be flexable enough with plans in case you need to shift something around to make sure you enjoy it. Some of the best discounts with free food plans, rooms, sometimes tickets and if lucky you got the email offer for all three at the same time! This is usually near the start of not rainy season but last year that wasn't the case and the worst rain I ever saw.

We never did winter holidays at disney before but asking around with regulars, florida locals and castmembers the last few trips, they all pointed to the first week after thanksgiving weekend as the lowest/least crowded time. We took a chance and did our first christmas holiday trip last year and I have to agree. While not empty and some crowds, it wasn't summer crowded. Everything WDW has to offer for christmas is available to see/do and it's the first week it's all available. We're going again this year for the same week. I think we saw 60 minutes of rain over 9 days and otherwise it was great!

No it isn't always hot and rainy. Things cool down enough in Nov & Dec. that t is often just pleasantly warm. Late Dec thru Feb can be very changeable, varying from warm to cold ( I had to wear my parka a couple of nights this Feb.) March through early May has lower humidity levels, and is often very warm, but not nearly as hot as during summer.

Our favourite time to go is late April/early May, for the F&G festival.

We've been in the summer, June, July and August, the spring, May for F&G, and the winter, second week of December for MVMCP. All of the times of the year have their good and not so good points. Yes summer is hot, but we live in south Louisiana so we are used to that kind of heat so it's not that big of a deal. Summer is good because of the long park hours so you can be in the parks late into the night and beat the heat somewhat. December was really nice temperature wise. Although not conducive to swimming. Also, shorter park hours and the hard ticket party cuts into your MK open hours. Probably our best trip was for the Flower & Garden Festival in May. We had mild temperatures but warm enough to swim. The parks had already started their summer schedules so longer hours.

Summer and December were pretty crowded. Early May was much better crowd wise.

With the kids school schedule now it is impossible to go any time other than summer so we shoot for leaving on the last day of school which is about May 27-30 for us. It is still early enough that the weather and crowds are not too bad.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:

Over Easter/Spring break tends to be nice. Not usually too hot or humid yet and typically little to no rain.

We go the first week in June. In 2011, weather wasn't really a factor. It was mostly sunny the whole time. In 2013, we arrived in the midst of a deluge. :D Honestly, we still rode rides and we got soaked. It's not a big deal. Just bring your cheap ponchos from home.

As a FL resident, I can say, it definitely is not always hot and rainy in Florida! Saying that, I generally avoid Disney from June-August, as that is the hot & rainy season of the year. I really love late April/Early May and November/December and late January. These are all slower seasons at the park, and the weather is more temperate than other times of the year. Winters can be chilly or beautiful an in the 70s, so every year is a bit different! :smickey:

As a FL resident, I can say, it definitely is not always hot and rainy in Florida! Saying that, I generally avoid Disney from June-August, as that is the hot & rainy season of the year. I really love late April/Early May and November/December and late January. These are all slower seasons at the park, and the weather is more temperate than other times of the year. Winters can be chilly or beautiful an in the 70s, so every year is a bit different! :smickey:
I was curious about the January weather - we've been considering a January trip....just wondering if with the heated pools if we'll be able to swim.

Our family went in the 2nd week of September twice and were blessed with the weather. not too sure about this year though, we will be there September 10th and hear there have been lots of rain.:crazy2:

Our family went in the 2nd week of September twice and were blessed with the weather. not too sure about this year though, we will be there September 10th and hear there have been lots of rain.:crazy2:

The 20 days of nonstop rain has passed, however, this is Hurricane season. Expect occasional showers in the later afternoon/early evening; pack ponchos!

The 20 days of nonstop rain has passed, however, this is Hurricane season. Expect occasional showers in the later afternoon/early evening; pack ponchos!
I was very surprised we had a week with no rain last year...the only time it rained was when we were boarding the plane to come back to Connecticut. Hoping for the same luck this year! 9/10-9/17:)

I was curious about the January weather - we've been considering a January trip....just wondering if with the heated pools if we'll be able to swim.

We were in the area in 2008, I believe, arriving right at New Years. It was in the low 80s when we arrived. Two days later the temperature never got out of the 40s. Of course in 1993, we went in March and the temps at night hit the 30s.

Watch the long term forecast and plan to have layers of clothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter