Disney World should be ashamed of themselves!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YensidRocks

Mouseketeer
Epcot and Hollywood studios have nothing to offer their guests except for overpriced souvenirs. Considering the fact that admission is super expensive, you would think they actually had rides and entertainment planned for their guests. This has been the lamest visit ever and believe me i am a Disney addict. I realize that the company has big future plans for the parks but lets face it, they work at a snails pace. Something needs to be done now to constitute their charges. I'm currently sitting in HWS bored out of my mind. Tonight is emh and there is absolutely nothing to do. Thanks Disney, I'm really reconsidering visiting next year-rather spend my money elsewhere where at least i get a little something in return.

End of rant!!

Epcot and Hollywood studios have nothing to offer their guests except for overpriced souvenirs. Considering the fact that admission is super expensive, you would think they actually had rides and entertainment planned for their guests. This has been the lamest visit ever and believe me i am a Disney addict. I realize that the company has big future plans for the parks but lets face it, they work at a snails pace. Something needs to be done now to constitute their charges. I'm currently sitting in HWS bored out of my mind. Tonight is emh and there is absolutely nothing to do. Thanks Disney, I'm really reconsidering visiting next year-rather spend my money elsewhere where at least i get a little something in return.

End of rant!!
We were in DHS 8/21 and did not get anywhere near "done" with all there is to do there. We purchased the Frozen package so we did spend a lot of time doing those events. We did not see the Muppets, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast (one of our favorites), Walt One Man's Dream, any of the characters, Indiana Jones, Lights Motor Action. We arrived at the park at opening and stayed past closing (did Fantasmic after the Frozen fireworks). I was nowhere near bored. It was one of my family's most fun trips! I do agree that they have closed several attractions and they need to address this sooner rather than later. We emailed Disney regarding this and received a call to discuss. No real details were given during the call, but she did say they are aware that guests have this view and big changes are going on. This was before the Star Wars and Pixar Land announcements. I have never been bored at Disney. We always find new things to do that we have not done before. We will be there in a few weeks. Our 5th trip this year. Still not bored, LOL! Will do a sampling of F&W for the weekend! I hope your trip gets more exciting!

I can agree that HS, being in a transition phase, has little to offer, and that's a shame, for the time being. I know im excited to see how it turns out with the new lands though.

Epcot, however, has so much personality in just world showcase, i don't see how you can say it has nothing to offer. I guess if you are basing it on just rides, maybe, sure things havent changed in a while. But Epcot still, to me, has just as much to "offer" as MK, in terms of atmosphere, entertainment, food, fireworks, and the overall experience.

Still, this is partly why i go every 2-3 years. Usually something new has opened in that time (in this case for me, 7 dwarfs mine train).

We have never been bored in WDW. We went to DHS twice last week and still didn't see everything we wanted. We had a great time in every park. Even through downpours at AK.

We are all different and maybe it's not for you. I'm sure you could go elsewhere and have some fun! There's no reason to be bored. :)

I'm sorry. I bet you are pretty disappointed. This is not the best advice in the world, but I have a habit of snacking when we come across a stagnant stretch at a park. The carb/sugar rush usually puts us all in fake good moods so we perk up for a few hours. Now, just to warn, we are crankier once we crash from the sugar high, and we've put ourselves one step closer to a big butt....BUT at least it was something to do. :o

I can understand of the attractions that are there aren't your cup of tea. Theres a lot to keep us busy at both parks. I can understand skipping a few years while new stuff comes on-line.

Both EPCOT and DHS are still full day+ parks for my family.

We were in DHS 8/21 and did not get anywhere near "done" with all there is to do there. We purchased the Frozen package so we did spend a lot of time doing those events. We did not see the Muppets, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast (one of our favorites), Walt One Man's Dream, any of the characters, Indiana Jones, Lights Motor Action. We arrived at the park at opening and stayed past closing (did Fantasmic after the Frozen fireworks). I was nowhere near bored. It was one of my family's most fun trips! I do agree that they have closed several attractions and they need to address this sooner rather than later. We emailed Disney regarding this and received a call to discuss. No real details were given during the call, but she did say they are aware that guests have this view and big changes are going on. This was before the Star Wars and Pixar Land announcements. I have never been bored at Disney. We always find new things to do that we have not done before. We will be there in a few weeks. Our 5th trip this year. Still not bored, LOL! Will do a sampling of F&W for the weekend! I hope your trip gets more exciting!

We purchased the frozen package last year and it was lots of fun but we didn't feel we needed to do it again. We also noticed some considerable differences between this year and last. For example, the band they had last year for the dance party was so much fun, and this year they have a dj. Again, I'm a die hard Disney fan but this trip I just feel disenchanted. I don't feel like their providing a top notch experience which they have made me accustomed to. In all honesty, it just makes me sad.

I can agree that HS, being in a transition phase, has little to offer, and that's a shame, for the time being. I know im excited to see how it turns out with the new lands though.

Epcot, however, has so much personality in just world showcase, i don't see how you can say it has nothing to offer. I guess if you are basing it on just rides, maybe, sure things havent changed in a while. But Epcot still, to me, has just as much to "offer" as MK, in terms of atmosphere, entertainment, food, fireworks, and the overall experience.

Still, this is partly why i go every 2-3 years. Usually something new has opened in that time (in this case for me, 7 dwarfs mine train).
Epcot indeed has personality but that's all nowadays. There are no rides. Reopen the entire imagination pavilion and wonders of life. Take out captain EO! I don't feel as though they're giving the parks the love that they so desperately need.

I
When I've been bored at DHS (after having fun on TOT, RnRcoaster, and TSMM, and after seeing Indy or LMA), I just leave. Go find fun elsewhere.
I love the rides listed but riding you story once or twice doesn't do it for me and unfortunately as I get older I can only do tot once without tossing my cookies. The parks need love and balance and it needs to begin now. This is the first time ever that I have been bored in these parks. Magic kingdom still holds my heart tightly.

Go to Disneyland next time. Worth every cent.

This. You don't have to go to a park you don't like just because that's where a couple of the good rides are. You don't have to commit half a day to moving between parks. And you don't have to deal with massive lines caused by the fact that everyone is trying to cram into the three good attractions. DLR is like one mega-gigantic theme park instead of one theme park and three half parks.

We have never been bored in WDW. We went to DHS twice last week and still didn't see everything we wanted. We had a great time in every park. Even through downpours at AK.

We are all different and maybe it's not for you. I'm sure you could go elsewhere and have some fun! There's no reason to be bored. :)
I spent tons of time in MK it just saddens me to see two parks that I love deeply in such a dismal state. Disney can do much better than this.

We purchased the frozen package last year and it was lots of fun but we didn't feel we needed to do it again. We also noticed some considerable differences between this year and last. For example, the band they had last year for the dance party was so much fun, and this year they have a dj. Again, I'm a die hard Disney fan but this trip I just feel disenchanted. I don't feel like their providing a top notch experience which they have made me accustomed to. In all honesty, it just makes me sad.

They had the DJ last year as well. He is actually a pretty sought after DJ who does the Star Wars Weekends events as well. I'm not sure why they got rid of the band because it was cool that they swapped out last year. Maybe the band wasn't getting as good guest reviews as the DJ.

I'm sorry. I bet you are pretty disappointed. This is not the best advice in the world, but I have a habit of snacking when we come across a stagnant stretch at a park. The carb/sugar rush usually puts us all in fake good moods so we perk up for a few hours. Now, just to warn, we are crankier once we crash from the sugar high, and we've put ourselves one step closer to a big butt....BUT at least it was something to do. :o
My family definitely gaines a little cushioning this trip, especially in world showcase .

You could be riding single rider Test Track over and over at Epcot, or you could be riding single rider on Rocking Roller Coaster over and over. Sounds like you just need to focus on Magic Kingdom or branch out to Universal next time? :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter