Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

If anyone is successful in buying or renewing passes today I’d love to hear about it. Half of our groups passes expire in September and our trips are November and February

SUCCESS!

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel agent got us set up this morning with a package at POP Century in January with park hopper tickets. Then she sent me an email right away and I was able to make each of our 6 days of park reservations without any problems. We started out with a 'room-only package' (21 Return Basic Package) but she said in her email that the system is screwy today and it wouldn't let her add tickets to that, despite the fact that Disney told all of the agents awhile ago that you would be able to do so.

She's now working on getting the funds transferred from the 21 Return Basic Package to our new room+tickets package.

So if anybody's curious about whether they're selling PH tickets in 2021, the answer is yes because our Jan 2021 package has PH tickets on it, not the regular base tickets.

Hope everyone's Disney IT hold hell turns the corner today!!

What if I book park days this Sunday with existing tix and decide not to actually go? Can I cancel the park day reservations?

I have 18 days reserved on 2 trips my third trip will not let me make park reservation. It is linked correctly. I am told there is a 14 day limit and that they can do nothing. I’m calling again. The last cast member told me I was having a magical moment that I got the 18 days but there is nothing he or anyone else can do for me about the third set of dates. This is very frustrating
So here is an update to my situation in case anyone has the same issues. So I booked a fourth trip for January 2021, getting the most use out of our AP's, and all of a sudden we could book park reservations for the November trip. Ok so now I have 28 days of park reservations. I think making another booking released the November booking for park reservations. Back to the January reservation, it does not recognize my AP's for that reservation, even though everything for all 4 trips appears in my plans. I would love to tell the rude CM that insisted I could only reserve 14 days total that he was wrong. BTW all other CM's have been amazing. I think I will let everything be and see if my tickets get recognized later today.

I was having the max 1 park a day issue. It seems fixed for me!

We have :
  • AP
  • AP vouchers
  • 4 Day Hoppers
  • 14 Day Resort Reservation
Yesterday waited 2h on the 1-800-848-6413 and about 30 minutes with IT trying to fix the problem. He did all the workarounds... created fake profiles etc... I was able to book 4 days, not more. He transferred me to GS who told me I would have to call the 407 for Tickets. She offered an email address to me because I told her I did not want to spend hours on an international 407 number... :(

Tried the reservation system today and was able to get all 14 days!

I apologize if this had been discussed but how are there park hopper tickets being sold for 2021? Don’t you have to select 1 park per day? I’m confused

Sorry if this has already been asked... I understand that there's no "modify" button for the park passes. I'm not trying to change to a different park. But we have one guest who might or might not be with us. Is there a way to delete only one member of your party while keeping the reservation for the others?

This only matters if "no shows" still count against your ticket (which no one seems to know for sure). I wonder if it will be like ADRs, though? As long as some of your party shows up, you aren't considered a "no show?"

I'm tempted to check availability and cancel my park reservations and then create a separate reservation for our other guest... but I'm nervous that I'll end up screwing up our park passes (and I'm not even sure if it's necessary).

I also don't know for sure if the system will allow guests on the same resort reservation to have different park reservations (one would hope that it is just checking to see that they HAVE a resort reservation and a ticket, and that I could create two separate guest parties, even though the other party's resort reservation is the same room/reservation #).

Anyone tried this?

ETA: The availability calendar shows all parks available for our days, so I'm tempted to try canceling one of the existing park passes and making a separate pass for the "maybe going" guest. I just want to make sure there's not some other glitch that will raise it's ugly head.

Last edited:
https://*****.com/2020/06/walt-disn...nt-on-theme-park-reservation-system-glitches/
Did you guys see this? I cannot believe Disney is trying to blame its loyal customers for the problems! 😡

that PR statement is almost as maddening as the experience on Monday!

The overloaded system could be partly attributable to people trying to book before their turn. But even that is on Disney for poor communication and for opening the floodgates for everyone with resort stays and tickets through 2021.

And there were so many glitches with error messages and inability to book entire length of stay, even for those who were booking in their appropriate time slot.

statements by disney to the contrary are misleading and untrue. We call that a lie at my house.

Sorry if this has already been asked... I understand that there's no "modify" button for the park passes. I'm not trying to change to a different park. But we have one guest who might or might not be with us. Is there a way to delete only one member of your party while keeping the reservation for the others?

This only matters if "no shows" still count against your ticket (which no one seems to know for sure). I wonder if it will be like ADRs, though? As long as some of your party shows up, you aren't considered a "no show?"

I'm tempted to check availability and cancel my park reservations and then create a separate reservation for our other guest... but I'm nervous that I'll end up screwing up our park passes (and I'm not even sure if it's necessary).

I also don't know for sure if the system will allow guests on the same resort reservation to have different park reservations (one would hope that it is just checking to see that they HAVE a resort reservation and a ticket, and that I could create two separate guest parties, even though the other party's resort reservation is the same room/reservation #).

Anyone tried this?

ETA: The availability calendar shows all parks available for our days, so I'm tempted to try canceling everything (one day at a time) and making a separate pass for the "maybe going" guest. I just want to make sure there's not some other glitch that will raise it's ugly head.
Yes, you can remove just one guest from a park reservation.

https://*****.com/2020/06/walt-disn...nt-on-theme-park-reservation-system-glitches/
Did you guys see this? I cannot believe Disney is trying to blame its loyal customers for the problems! 😡

That's a bunch of mallarkey and Disney knows it. It's apparent that they did hardly any testing at all. All they'd have to do is look through the 245 pages of posts here in this thread alone to see that there are a LOT of guests who have had very real and legitimate problems. And these are people who SHOULD have been able to book their park days...AP holders with on site resort stays, for example. AP holders **AND** people with regular multi-day tickets who ALSO had a MNSSHP ticket linked to their MDE account. Or AP holders with a multi-day ticket linked to their MDE account. ALL of those people have had problems with Disney's stupid system not allowing them to make park reservations despite having the right tickets linked in MDE to their on site resort stay.

It's ridiculous.

Then they went and opened up park reservations for not just the first couple of months of opening, but for the rest of 2020 and all of 2021 through 9/26/2021.

A phased or staged roll out would have been far more effective.

Disney IT can go walk the plank on Captain Hook's ship as far as I'm concerned. They clearly haven't learned any lessons from their previous application roll out disasters.
</end rant>

I went online and booked an entirely new package with tickets for my May 2021 trip. After almost 300 dial in attempts I just gave up. I'll call in a couple of weeks to cancel the original booking (that doesn't have tickets attached to it). However, FWIW, once I booked the new package online I was able to immediately access and book the parks I wanted. May be a good strategy to employ for others who are having difficulty connecting with Disney on the phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter