Disney World Reservation System -POST 1 FOR LINKS

Let us know how it goes!

I had the nicest CM answer! He took care of the two people we were having issues getting the Park reservations for. For one of them, the system was reading her 2 Five day park hoppers as the same ticket. The other one was that her name was different (middle initial) on her hotel reservation from her MDE. It took a bit but it's all taken care of. Thank God!

I am still ON HOLD at 4 hrs 26 minutes and it is now 10:30 at night. Will I get through probably not.

Edit: about 2 minutes after posting this I spoke to Sonya and she was so very nice she sprinkled her pixie dust and my reservations are all done so I say to my fellow Disney fans, call this number and be patience they will fix it for you. 1-800-848-6413 option 3 good luck to all of you and please call for help.

Last edited:

Is it definite that IT cannot help if the tickets are tied to a package? I know we can’t do it ourself if the ticket is tied to a package but I thought others had reported IT was still able to fix it somehow? I definitely could be wrong but I hope not, I was hoping to get my park pass finally sorted tonight.
I had this issue—three of our party had APs and two day tickets tied to a package from the free dining offer. Once I got through to someone in IT they were able to fix it in 10 minutes.

I am still ON HOLD at 4 hrs 26 minutes and it is now 10:30 at night. Will I get through probably not.
Don't hang up. As long as you are on hold they will help you. I asked a cast member last night about how long they work. She told me they stay and answer all the calls that were on hold when the call center closes. Good luck!

Not sure if anyone has any ideas but here is my situation. I have three trips booked throughout this year (all on-site), Platinum AP (paid in full, renews next year). I had semi-success with booking park reservations yesterday but am stuck finishing them off.
Trip 1 July - Me and Husband, booked 5 park days for both of us
Trip 2 - September - Me and Husband, booked 4 park days for both of us
Trip 3 - December. Part 1 of the Trip is me and my mom (mom has 3-day park hopper) - I was able to book 3 park days for both of us. Part 2 of the Trip is me and my husband. I could book an additional 5 park days for me but when I try to book his, I get the no park available message and each park is grayed out. I click back and forth between dates and nothing changes. I have tried logging in and out, incognito browser, removing him and adding him back...nothing.
The only other possible factor could be:
1) we each received a comped 1-day ticket when Rise of the Resistance went down. Those are sitting in our accounts and can not be unassigned. I have a feeling that might be the problem but it doesn't explain why I was able to book all of my park days - I have the exact same ticket set up as he does.
2) My renewal AP is showing up as a renewal with a new renewal date but his is showing up as a renewal certificate. I called before this system was released to make sure that was not going to be a problem and they assured me it was fine. It was showing as a certificate due to the way we renewed (over the phone vs online).

Today, like many, I was on hold for 2 1/2 hours then they disconnected me. I sat waiting on chat for 2 hours but they couldn't help and suggested I call IT. I asked if they had a number that would actually ring since I haven't even been able to get through on phones. Called again and I am sitting on hold going into my 4th hour.

Any ideas???

Not sure if anyone has any ideas but here is my situation. I have three trips booked throughout this year (all on-site), Platinum AP (paid in full, renews next year). I had semi-success with booking park reservations yesterday but am stuck finishing them off.
Trip 3 - December. Part 1 of the Trip is me and my mom (mom has 3-day park hopper) - I was able to book 3 park days for both of us. Part 2 of the Trip is me and my husband. I could book an additional 5 park days for me but when I try to book his, I get the no park available message and each park is grayed out. I click back and forth between dates and nothing changes. I have tried logging in and out, incognito browser, removing him and adding him back...nothing.
1) we each received a comped 1-day ticket when Rise of the Resistance went down. Those are sitting in our accounts and can not be unassigned. I have a feeling that might be the problem but it doesn't explain why I was able to book all of my park days - I have the exact same ticket set up as he does.
2) My renewal AP is showing up as a renewal with a new renewal date but his is showing up as a renewal certificate. I called before this system was released to make sure that was not going to be a problem and they assured me it was fine. It was showing as a certificate due to the way we renewed (over the phone vs online).

Today, like many, I was on hold for 2 1/2 hours then they disconnected me. I sat waiting on chat for 2 hours but they couldn't help and suggested I call IT. I asked if they had a number that would actually ring since I haven't even been able to get through on phones. Called again and I am sitting on hold going into my 4th hour.

Any ideas???
Continuing being on hold don’t hang up

Is it definite that IT cannot help if the tickets are tied to a package? I know we can’t do it ourself if the ticket is tied to a package but I thought others had reported IT was still able to fix it somehow? I definitely could be wrong but I hope not, I was hoping to get my park pass finally sorted tonight.
The IT guy I spoke too was very nice. Initially he spent about 15 min trying different things then put me on hold for about 10 min and then came back and apologetically explained it needed to be sent up. He said that it would be worked on and to check back tomorrow morning and see if it has been resolved and if not to call back again. I had done everything on my end I could think of including removing people off my friends list. I also had 3 people on my account that was showing active plans for, so I am assuming that may have been unused park days from previous trips. He removed those for me and that didnt change anything. I really hope there is some resolution to this.

Edit: about 2 minutes after posting this I spoke to Sonya and she was so very nice she sprinkled her pixie dust and my reservations are all done so I say to my fellow Disney fans, call this number and be patience they will fix it for you. 1-800-848-6413 option 3 good luck to all of you and please call for help.
Good to know - I’m on hold for just around 4 hours - I’ll hold out for another hr or 2 before trying again tomorrow

Any ideas???
I had different issue with AP. AP’s are having issues I could book no more than 7 days. I saw others could not book more than 3. I was able to chat with CM and they were able to resolve and I just let them know what park on what day I was trying to book. Fixed it all and showed up right away in my plans.

Last edited:
I am going to go out on a limb and say, most of the IT staff was furloughed until last week and had to do a rush job to get out what we did get.
I dunno - most IT staff can and do WFH - and systems still need to run 24X7 - I find it more credible that someone higher up than mere programmers and developers decided this is what mgmt wants and by 6/22 and let the chips fall where they may...

Just logged in and was able to book park reservations for my second trip. Platinum AP and was only allowed to book my first stay in August yesterday, but just checked and was able to book my September stay park reservations! So so happy now! APs can only have 14 days of reservations in the system and I got all 14 for my family.

I'm still on hold now, nearing 4 hours. Has anyone gotten thru the phone line after 11 pm?

I had different issue with AP. AP’s are having issues I could book no more than 7 days. I saw others could not book more than 3. I was able to chat with CM and they were able to resolve and I just let them know what park on what day I was trying to book. Fixed it all and showed up right away in my plans.

After 5 hours I'm still no further than when I started :( Super friendly/cheerful CM but he couldn't get any of the known workarounds to work so it is being escalated. He did say a software update is going through at midnight tonight so it may fix it and to check in the morning.

So I've been having the only able to book one day problem. Well, finally got through on the chat, I got half of the issue resolved. So we have a formerly-Free Dining Bounceback reservation for August (now just a package with room and tickets), a DVC booking for Nov/Dec, and active annual passes good through the last day of our DVC stay (lucked out with the AP extension, down to the day).

When I finally got through on the chat, I gave a long explanation (I typed it earlier and copied and pasted) that gave my IT ticket # I received last night (3-1/2 hour phone call), I explained the issue, and I explained that I knew others who had their similar problem resolved through a duplicate MDE account and merging them (as has been described by others). He responded pretty quickly that he'd be happy to help and had me fill out a form that was sent outside of the chat in a separate window that securely allowed me to provide all my necessary info. He asked about whether the reservations were packages, and I explained. He started with the package and started right away creating the duplicates. I was able to make my park reservations with the duplicates then he merged them, and I've got them!

However, it did not work for my Nov/Dec reservation, because that was not a package, the tickets did not carry over, and I guess it didn't pull the APs to the duplicates. He said he'd have to create a separate ticket # for them to fix it for that reservation.

So, we're halfway there. I guess I get to do this all again tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter