Disney World Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage

Kevenswife2

WDW vs DLR...impossible to choose a favorite!
DD18 and I are going on a fireworks voyage with pirates! It's one of the few surprises I've been able to keep. :ssst: (What can I say? I get excited about our Disney trips and things just slip.)

DD18 likes to cosplay and frequently dresses up like some well known character to go out shopping. Loki, Elwood Blues, Mad Hatter, etc. Or she just wears her pink pirate mouse ears. :joker: Sometimes it can be a little embarassing for me, but she's having fun, so I get over it. Any othertime she can be a wallflower, so it totally shocks me when she draws attention to herself.:clown:

My question: Do you think it would be acceptable for her to put on some pirate makeup and wear her Captain Jack tricorn hat for the Pirate Cruise? She is 18 and an adult...but still in high school, if any of that makes a difference. An

We did the pirate fireworks cruise a few years ago. Very cute, silly fun. We're doing it again on our trip this fall. :)

The only person dressed up all pirate-y when we went was a little boy who looked like he'd done Pirates League, but that's a fun idea for a teenager. I don't recall seeing any rule against piratical makeup. If you want to double-check, just in case, you can call (407) WDW PLAY and ask.

Or you can wait until you get there, and have your daughter bring her makeup and hat along to the pirate snack party before getting on the fireworks boat. If there's no problem with the makeup, she can run into a bathroom and put on her face. :)

We are going to book this during our trip, and hopefully book Pirates league for DD the afternoon before.

I reckon it adds to the fun!

We are going to book this during our trip, and hopefully book Pirates league for DD the afternoon before.

I reckon it adds to the fun!
That's what I was thinking!

DD and I both had makeovers at the Pirate League a few years ago. So much fun! The CMs really got into character and had fun with Pirate speak and jokes. We still talk about it.

I think I'll have DD18 just wear her "Captain Jack" hat and some smudged black eyeliner...and I might join her. I'm sure that will be acceptable.

Last edited:
That type of cosplay sounds fine. She doesn't sound like she is trying to be a specific character, like if she came dressed as Belle, so the fact that she is over their costume cut-off age should be fine. Pirates are not the same as princesses. There is no make-up ban of any kind (except for offensive/upsetting gross-out stuff, I imagine), and I doubt they'd care about a tricorn.
The DIS news board posted a column recently authored by a cosplayer with tips and tricks for staying within the rules while getting your Disney on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter