Disney World information books for kids?

MinnieMom

Because everyone needs a little magic in their lif
What are some of the better informational books about WDW for kids? And are there any discounts for them . . . since this is the budget board?!?! :rotfl:

DD8 loves to read and even though she has already been to WDW a few times, I think she would enjoy having a book that gives her all the little details about the attractions and parks instead of me always telling her!

My 8 yr old DS loved Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for Kids. It's around $10 on Amazon. It describes each attraction and gives kid's reviews and lots of tips and facts. Very reader friendly, lots of pictures. Just be forewarned, she will become the expert and have lots to tell you about "The World" and each ride. ;)

Thanks! I just looked at Birnbaum's on Amazon and it does look good for kids. I also stumbled across an activity book called Guide to the Magic for Kids . . . that looks really cute too. Does anyone have that book and can comment on whether or not their child enjoyed it?

We have the Birnbaum's book for kids. DS#1 is hiding it in his room. He loves it. I haven't seen any other books, even on Amazon.

Check at your local library they have lots of books there. Mine had the 2007 Birnbaums book which while not 100% up to date neither is the 2009 as it doesn't mention that some of the attractions will be closed.

Oh, and I have to agree that the Birnbaum's guide is lots of fun for the kids. They have a great way of describing the attractions so that the kids really retain the information and know what to expect.

My dd (4) has us read the Fantasmic description over and over and over and over... And then she says, "I'm not going to see that show. It's too scary." This happens on a daily basis. :rotfl:

My kids enjoy the Disney Trivia books. I gave one to my nephew for his birthday and now he's turned into the Disney Quizmaster and Expert on All Things Disney. :woohoo:

My DS (6) enjoys "The Mystery at Disney World"...it is a fictional book that takes place at WDW. It gets him thinking about the park and the attractions there.

We got the Guide to the Magic book for my son on our last trip and he loved it. He would mark down all the little details they ask about meals and rides and weather. It will be great for him to look at it years from now and have a very detailed description of his trip. This was his 8th trip and the book had little details that were a surprise to him in it. I would definitely buy it for him again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter