• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World in January.

kentstateman2010

Earning My Ears
Just booked a trip to WDW for January 4-8. Will the holiday crowds still be around? We are staying at the Pop Century and will be visiting Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for any advice! This is my first post!!

kentstateman2010 :cool1:

We have been at the parks on that weekend in January for the previous two years. The crowds were not the worst we've experienced but they were not light either- on the heavier side. On the other hand, the waiting is not as hard because it's cooler. We will probably return that weekend again in 2010:-)

Go Golden Flashes! I'm a Kent State Alum. We were there at the end of January this year, so I don't know what the crowds will be like at the beginning, but there were almost no lines at all at the end of January. We had an unusually cold weather week (it got down into the low 40's most nights), so don't leave your winter coat at home! It was actually a lot better than being hot and sticky and getting on rides people had sweat all over and there was about 2 feet of snow here in Ohio when we left, so it felt almost warm.

We've visited twice in january, these were our least crowded visits we've had. We did have cool weather at night (maybe even record lows) and into the mornings but to us (from michigan) it wasn't "that bad" lol.

I'm so glad to hear about low crowds towards the end of January. Low temps don't bother me, and I am prepared to layer, bring gloves, etc. Hey, I live where 2+ feet of snow is not unusual, so it HAS to be better than that!

Just booked a trip to WDW for January 4-8. Will the holiday crowds still be around? We are staying at the Pop Century and will be visiting Epcot and Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for any advice! This is my first post!!

kentstateman2010 :cool1:
The crowds will still be pretty thick. Nothing compared to the previous week, but still medium to medium-high.

Thanks for all the input guys! I think we may hold off on going to the parks towards the last few days of the trip....that may weed out some of the crowds. As long as the wait for Soarin' is less than 1.5 hours I am perfectly happy LOL

Go Golden Flashes! I'm a Kent State Alum. We were there at the end of January this year, so I don't know what the crowds will be like at the beginning, but there were almost no lines at all at the end of January. We had an unusually cold weather week (it got down into the low 40's most nights), so don't leave your winter coat at home! It was actually a lot better than being hot and sticky and getting on rides people had sweat all over and there was about 2 feet of snow here in Ohio when we left, so it felt almost warm.

Haha, small world! It will be so nice to get out of NE Ohio for a week. Low 40's!!?? I hope its gonna be warmer than that!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter