Disney World, Cruise, or Both

pheathers24

Mouseketeer
We just got back from our first family Disney vacation a little over a week ago. While we were there we celebrated my husband and my youngest daughter's birthday. My challenge is that we now have to go on vacation on my oldest daughter's birthday which is the first week of November, but we will do this in 2010. My issue is do we do only Disney World, only a Disney Cruise, or 1/2 Disney World and 1/2 Disney Cruise. We will want to go for a total of 7 or 8 nights. None of us have ever been on a cruise so any and all information from people who have done both would be great also.

Thanks in advance!

Your kids are a great age to go on a Disney cruise. We went on our first DCl cruise in Feb., we had such a great time we are going back in AUgust. The kids thought it was the best cruise they have ever been on.

I would do the cruise. It's a completely different Disney Magic. The Magic is still there. You are surounded by it all the time! I'm a big fan of cruise vacations! This is a great opportunity to show your daughter different places in the world. If you are unsure then I would do 1/2 cruise and 1/2 WDW.

This is our 2nd DC and we did 3 days prior last trip in DW, we stayed at the BC. This trip we will be doing the same thing and catching the MNSSHP before we go on the cruise. Your kids will love it! You could always do a land and sea package, that way you could be gone for 7 nights and do 4 on the cruise and 3 at Disney, or viceversa, Im not sure which way it goes.

Since we are from Canada, we wanted to take advantage of the fact that we've already paid for airfare so why not do the cruise?

We usually book 10 days in the parks (incl waterparks Disneyquest and Universal) and then book the crusie portion at the end. A Disney Cruise really does complete your vacation and if you have never been on a Disney Cruise you will find that it is like no other...a truely magical experience. You may also want to delay your trip until the new ship(s) come out in 2011.

We are going to DW and a Disney Cruise next August 2010 and we plan on booking onboard for their discount.

Charles:banana:

We're doing both in August. This will be our first cruise. We are really excited about cruising but it's killing me to only spend 2 1/2 days in the parks. We'll only visit 2 parks this trip but I'm sure it will be fine. We can't wait to spend 4 nights at sea with Disney!

:goodvibesWe have been to DW many, many times and did the cruise 2 years ago. 4day cruise followed by 3 days at DW. We all wished we had done the 7 day cruise instead. Just as we were getting used to everything on the cruise it was time to get off. My kids age 9 - 6 and 6months then really had a wonderful time and can't wait to do the cruise again. We are waiting for the 3 year old to get a little older so she can really enjoy it more. I wish we had done a 7 day or longer cruise and skipped DW that trip. It seemed especially exhausting after getting off the boat.:confused3

Go for the cruise! The magic and delight Is SO there! My kids LOVED and everyday one of them talks about SOMETHING. I would say do the full 7day cruise. 3 and 4 nights just ISNT enough, a nice get away but too short LOL

We did the land/sea vacation when my kids were 1 and 4 - it was great. We did four nights at AKL, and pretty much went non-stop - then we got on that ship and relaxed - it was wonderful. We've considered doing the 7 night, l but if I had it to do over again, I'd stick with the land/sea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter