• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney World crowds during Presidents' Day/Mardi Gras week and week before Easter

crysplefty

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are trying to decide when to take our kids to Disney World in 2012. Our oldest is in school in St. Tammany Parish (Louisiana) and he has the whole week off for Mardi Gras and the week off before Easter. Mardi Gras is Tuesday, February 20th and Presidents' Day is the day before. We would go from Saturday, February 18th through Saturday, February 25th. The second option is to go the week before Easter (Sunday, April 8th). We would go from Saturday, March 31st through Saturday, April 7th. I would like to hear from anyone who has gone during these time periods on what crowds are like. Thanks in advance.

I haven't been at either of those times, but I looked up the crowd level calendars for your dates. Looks like the Mardi Gras time period you mentioned is mostly 9 out of 10 for crowds. The week before Easter varies from 7 out of 10 early in the week to 10 out of 10 most of the rest of the week.

I've checked crowd calendars on multiple sites, and they show mixed results. That's why I'm hoping someone who has been during these two weeks could help me out.

I haven't been at either of those times, but I looked up the crowd level calendars for your dates. Looks like the Mardi Gras time period you mentioned is mostly 9 out of 10 for crowds. The week before Easter varies from 7 out of 10 early in the week to 10 out of 10 most of the rest of the week.

Good advice:thumbsup2

Personally, I would avoid the week before Easter. Many schools are out the weeks wrapping Easter ... especially if it is the first week of April (popular week to have off for the Midwest schools).

You are going to have some real busy days with either option, but I think the Mardi Gras week should give you a few lower attendance days to work with ... do MK during one of those days and Epcot during a busier day.

Keep a sense of humor and have fun.

I have been during mardi gras but not when it was both. I have heard time and time again don't go during that week when they are together b/c it is super crowded. we are trying for the same week for Easter since our spring break is then we only get monday and tuesday for off for MG plus we might take the extra day off on friday to get free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter