Disney Wonder - Tracking Room Refurbishments

. We just got off the Wonder yesterday and I believe your room might be being refurbished this cruise. You might be the first to stay in the new room! They were finishing the starboard cabins on the our cruise (6090 and greater on the port side) and I believe starting the starboard, forward cabins on the 6th deck when we disembarked on Wed, Feb 25th.

I think we JUST missed the refurb of our stateroom, 6507!:rotfl2: We still had the twin beds pushed together, older sofa, old phones, older carpet. Not complaining, we had a great time! It looked like they were gearing up to refurb it as we were leaving.

I would love a report on any adults that sleep on the sofa. I tried sleeping on the new ones on the Magic on our WBTA and it was horrible. I hardly got any sleep. I had to take a nap every afternoon in the bed to make it through the day. Our stateroom host tried putting a duvet under it but that didn't really help, I even took the one off the bed and added it to the one he put on and it still was bad. My mom took the sofa after night 4 so I could sleep. She found it very firm but was at least able to sleep.

Any word on 6128?

I believe your room was refurbished during our cruise (Feb 20 - 25, 2015). When my DD and I were delivering our Fish Extender gifts the hallway door was closed after staterooms 6088/6089. Also, the door to the port side of the ship from the Aft elevators was closed the entire trip. I'm guessing they refurbished rooms 6090 - 6154 and 6090 - 6147 during our sailing.

Any news on 6026 or 6037? we are cruising on the WB Panama Canal on 1st May. Thanks

We will be staying in 7130 for our August Alaska cruise. I can't wait to sleep in the refurbished room!

I will report back after our cruise (in 16 days!!!) I will check with DS13. While not an adult, at 5'8" he is as tall as many adults (including me).
I just want to know how hard the mattress is. I checked with other people as I was doing my Recipe Exchange about the sofa. Everyone else only had kids sleeping on it so the parents said they slept fine. My mom was able to sleep on it fine too, she did think it was on the hard side.

I was planning on sleeping on the sofa before the refurbishment was announced. Now it looks like my mom may be on the sofa again.

I just want to know how hard the mattress is. I checked with other people as I was doing my Recipe Exchange about the sofa. Everyone else only had kids sleeping on it so the parents said they slept fine. My mom was able to sleep on it fine too, she did think it was on the hard side.

I was planning on sleeping on the sofa before the refurbishment was announced. Now it looks like my mom may be on the sofa again.

Oh! He likes a soft mattress so I will ask him his opinion.

Bumping...does anyone know if Deck 2 has been done yet? Kinda hoping not because my kids would prefer separate beds rather than sharing a queen. We leave in two weeks. So, flipping excited! First timer here :)

Just off the Wonder on 3/20. We had two rooms 5638 and 5640. They had been refurbished and had the one queen bed. Was hoping for the queen to twin split so our teenagers would not have to share beds, but it was ok. My boys are 6'1" and had no problem sleeping on the couch/twin bed also.

I also just got off the Wonder on 3/20. We were in room 5004. It was our first cruise, so I couldn't tell if it had been refurbished or not. There was one steamer trunk, queen bed (very comfy), and the fridge did not have any shelves but kept our food nice and cool. As we were getting off the ship, there was plastic covering the floor of the 6th floor forward and one of the doors there was closed. Assumed refurbishments were being done in that area.

Just off the Wonder on 3/20. We had two rooms 5638 and 5640. They had been refurbished and had the one queen bed. Was hoping for the queen to twin split so our teenagers would not have to share beds, but it was ok. My boys are 6'1" and had no problem sleeping on the couch/twin bed also.

Did they find the sofa bed too hard?

Did they find the sofa bed too hard?

I heard no complaints about the bed or the sofa bed being uncomfortable for them to sleep on. It may also be that we were so tired that they did not care. I am sure I would have heard from someone if there was a problem as all our kids took turns sleeping on the sofa bed.

I hope I can sleep on the sofa bed. Maybe they are different mattresses than the ones on the Magic.

Bumping...does anyone know if Deck 2 has been done yet? Kinda hoping not because my kids would prefer separate beds rather than sharing a queen. We leave in two weeks. So, flipping excited! First timer here :)
Just got off the wonder on 3/20. My parents were in 2013 and their room was not refurbished yet.

JUST OFF THE WONDER MARCH 20/15 DECK 6 STARBOARD AFT WAS BEING REDONE WHEN WE GOT OFF THE SHIP THEY WERE GETTING READY TO DO DECK 6 STARBOARD MIDSHIP.
I SPOKE TO CAPTAIN ROBERT HE SAID DECK 2 WAS HALF DONE. WHEN ASKED ABOUT WHERE THE DRY DOCK WOULD TAKE PLACE HE TOLD ME THAT VIRGINIA WOULD BE NICE
BUT MOST LIKELY SPAIN DUE TO THE NEED FOR 12 HEAVY LIFT CRANES

JUST OFF THE WONDER MARCH 20/15 DECK 6 STARBOARD AFT WAS BEING REDONE WHEN WE GOT OFF THE SHIP THEY WERE GETTING READY TO DO DECK 6 STARBOARD MIDSHIP.
I SPOKE TO CAPTAIN ROBERT HE SAID DECK 2 WAS HALF DONE. WHEN ASKED ABOUT WHERE THE DRY DOCK WOULD TAKE PLACE HE TOLD ME THAT VIRGINIA WOULD BE NICE
BUT MOST LIKELY SPAIN DUE TO THE NEED FOR 12 HEAVY LIFT CRANES

Did he say when the dry dock would be?

We just got off the Wonder March 20th as well and had two staterooms - 6003 and 6007. Both were refurbished. 6003 did not have the new sofa. 6007 did. Both had the trunks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter