• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Wonder Thanksgiving 2014 - 5 night Western Caribbean Itin. A 11/23 - 11/28

LuckyLundy21

Earning My Ears
Just got back from our 1st Thanksgiving cruise which we loved so much so booked another for Thankgiving 2014. Since there is not a group I wanted to start one::MickeyMo

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

We are booked on this cruise as well! Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving aboard the Wonder!!!

If you cruised this Thanksgiving, could you share a little about it? What was the meal like on Thanksgiving? What was the weather like? How warm was the water at Castaway Cay??

Thanks!!

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, I need to remember to check in. I would be glad to tell you about Castaway Cay and the on both Castaway and aboard.

The food on Castaway Cay was excellent! They have 2 areas for food and we went to Cookie's 2. They had 2 lines that went pretty fast! They had fresh fruit area, then BBQ Ribs I didn't try those but I have heard from several other people as well as my husband they were great! There was Chicken which was very moist, there was also hamburgers ( kind of like you get from somewhere already made. They were not that bad when you added cheese, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard. There was also potato salad, cole slaw and couscous which was very good! They also had several stations for soda and self serve ice cream and ice cream cones.

For dinner about the Magic there was the traditional Turkey dinner with mashed potatoes & cornbread stuffing. My daughter had a really nice ham and my husband and I also ordered Lobster Tail which was their fish selection for the night and it was excellent! There was also a vegetatian dish, but I don't remember what it was. Our staff was awesome and we never had a meal that wasn't absolutely terrific!

Have you ever cruised before? If not one of the best tips I can give you is to bring a big isulated cup with a straw and lid! It is so nice to have a big cup that doesn't sweat so you can have either hot or cold drinks from the self serve drink station and add ice cream to it in the evening or during the afternoon. Had several people stop us and ask where we got the nice cups!

Oh, the weather. It was beautiful and breezy most days! We had rain 1 morning due to a cold front that came across the US. We also had about 1 day of a little bit of rough seas, but it wasn't too bad once you went up and sat out on the deck in the sun or shade.

We are from Florida and are use to warm water. The water at Castaway was clear and beautiful, but a little too cold for us to swim... we did wade in the water though and there was so many other people swimming and enjoying the water. We didn't see any hermit crabs in the family water area, but there were a lot of fish about a foot or so in lenght just cruising around between our legs and very close to us. Next time we want to check out the snorkling area.

The water was really rough that day so it took longer to dock and all of the tours and boats that were coming from somewhere else were unable to make it to Castaway Cay. It was one of the best Thanksgiving days our family has ever had! Disney also decorated the island beautiful with a huge tree, pretty wreaths, a huge hula dancing Olaf and a snowman and woman standing by presents. Oh, also the Black Pearl Pirate ship was not there due to filming.

Thanks so much for the info!! We cruised disney this last October for the first time and LOVED it....which is why we booked again for next thanksgiving! We were just curious what they did for food on Thanksgiving. And the weather, I was wondering about the weather. We are from Michigan and had snow before Thanksgiving this year, so anything over 60 will feel great to us!!

I'm anxious to cruise on a holiday and see the decorations!

Thanks for all of the great info... I had been trying to find some reports from thanksgiving week, but couldn't!!

Anxiously counting down the days.......

Our family had something come up and we will not be sailing this Thanksgiving. I hope everyone who is going has a fantastic time! I will be also deleting the Facebook group since it is just myself and stepson. This way another one can be made fore current people cruising.

Thanks,
Kym

I'll be on this trip! It will be me, DH, and DD who will be 15 by then. This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first was Spring Break 2013 on the Dream. We really wanted something longer, but we weren't ready to commit to a full 7 days yet.

I will see you there MickeyFan1971!

I'll be on this trip! It will be me, DH, and DD who will be 15 by then. This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first was Spring Break 2013 on the Dream. We really wanted something longer, but we weren't ready to commit to a full 7 days yet. I will see you there MickeyFan1971!

Glad to see someone else on the cruise! Sorry, Kym you had to cancel.

So looking forward to Thanksgiving.

This will be our second Disney cruise as we'll. we were also on the Dream for our first...October 2013. We were pretty sure that 7 days would be great, but Thanksgiving allows less time out of school for the kids!!

See you there! And I'm sure there will be more posts as we get closer!

I just booked this cruise. Very excited since it will be our family Thanksgiving cruise and our first 5-day cruise.

It will be DH, DD19, DS15 and myself. I'm hoping my friends join us.
I want to participate in FE.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We are officially booked for this cruise!! It will be my second Disney cruise, but the fam's 1st. We include me, DH, DS (8) and DD (3).

Looking forward to sailing with all of you.

I would love to get in on the FEs too! I saw that someone did an official group for this and every agreed to bring items to "surprise" the others in the group. Anyone up for that?

Also, is the Facebook page still viable since the person who started it had to change? Should we start another?

We booked this cruise and can't wait. Our last cruise was the fantasy Christmas western cruise this past year. It has been a while since we were on the wonder.
DS 18, DS 17, DD 14, DS 11 are with us this trip.
Im looking forward to diving at cozumel and chilling at castaway cay.

So is there a fe set up for us?
We are sailing on our 4th Disney cruise. Have sailed on other cruise lines and have decided Disney is the best way to go!! This will be the first cruise ever for my brother and his family and can't wait to spend the 5 days w my parents, brother and nieces and nephews!!
For those on their first cruise that want to participate in the fe -- my mom and I are also taking goodies to stick in kids pouches in addition to the surprises they get from the group!

Good news and bad news. We are jumping ship(s). Antlawn and I will both be joining from the Fantasy! Airfare finally opened up and was looking outrageous.

I was poking around and found really cheap flights from a close airport, but disembarking and getting to it in AM would be extremely tight on Saturday AM. We decided to move to the Wonder. Saving thousands between airfare and cruise fare and only losing 2 nights cruising.

I sent a request to join the facebook page. We were also on last year's Magic Thanksgiving Western Caribbean to Cozumel and Castaway Cay. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

After FAR too long of a DCL hiatus, my DH, DD11 and I will be back on the Wonder with you guys! :)

So excited to spend Thanksgiving with my toes in the sand of Castaway Cay I can't even stand it!!

We like doing FE too, so hopefully this thread will get a little more full once the pay-in-full date has past!

Finally booked & paid for our airfare tonight, so we WILL be there unless something drastic happens. Hate those change fees!

Anyone else coming in the night before? We're thinking about staying at the Miami Airport hotel. I've stayed there before myself for other cruises out of Miami - it's just too convenient. Not as nice as the MCO Hilton - but it works just fine after a long day of travel. Plus, they have 'day rates' if you have a later flight out. Nothing like chilling out in a room with a shower and TV *at* the airport.

Anyhow, nice to meet you guys!!
:beach:

Thanks Bibismart!! :)

Looking forward to it! I tend not to do FB groups unless it's a secret one, just because it's not really something I advertise over there (especially travel!) Does that one show up?

I know it's hard to keep up the energy, but I'm all wrapped up in planning because we finally got out flights booked. Still haven't booked the hotel the night before. I think we're going to use the Miami Airport hotel. How I wish that was still a Hilton!! I've stayed down by the docks in Miami before - but my preferred hotel for that (the Holiday Inn) is booked because of the holiday week.

Any suggestions?

It's been very quiet here. Any first time cruisers going with us on Thanksgiving? :guilty: I'm being a cabana hog right now and have a hold on two while I got our reservations linked and decided which one I wanted (end or middle). I'm going to let one go and thought I would offer it to someone at the PIF date if they wanted some pixiedust:. PM me if you want one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter